U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 06:54 PM

4 posts, read 9,768 times

Advertisements

Well I'm not actually living in the area yet. I am a girl scout leader in MI. and we get flyers through our council from different groups offering badge workshops all the time.
All you would need to do is get info on the different age bracket requirements and then set up a program I'm sure the local council would love to have you.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:48 PM

126 posts, read 531,529 times
You could also market to local homeschoolers (of which there are MANY!) As far as finance, there's a great program put out by "Math-U-See" called "Stewardship" - but it is definitely Christian based.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:01 PM

3 posts, read 13,507 times
Default Thank you for all the advice, can I have more please?

I love the Girl Scouts/Boys Scouts idea, I was a Brownie/Girl Scout and I can't believe it never crossed my mind! One of the biggest hurdles that I am coming across to launching is location. I have designed this so it is mobile, but after talking to so many people I feel like I am excluding children in some areas by offering it to schools or after school programs. I am not in a financial position to open an actual location at this point, as parents, what are some thoughts that you have about locations for a program like this? I have checked with the library and they won't let me do it because I have to charge for the program. So, I am left with after school programs, limiting it to the children in those schools or possibly creating a "party" environment like a pampered chef type of thing where I come in to a home and teach a group of children that are put together by a group of parents. Would an in home program be of interest or is it to invasive? I will also gladly check into working with Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts. I apologize for my delay in responding - I have a 7 month old with his first serious cold I am sure you all understand what that is like! Thanks again for all your input. Moderator cut: tos violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-06-2008 at 06:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte