U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 01:07 PM

19,961 posts, read 18,803,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
Why don't Harris Teeter staff their deli more appropriately at lunchtime? Their sub lines can take forever to get through. I thought that it was just my local store, but I have since been in others that are just as slow. Of course, it's made all the more aggravating when you observe other deli employees occupy themselves with tasks that could easily take place once the lunch time rush is over.

A heads-up to HT management - you WILL have a $4.99 special on foot-long subs this Friday (just like last Friday, and the Friday before that.... )and your demand for subs WILL be busier than normal, so any adjustment would be appreciated
Each Harris Teeter delicatessen may be allocated a specific number of hours to schedule enough associates based on sales. If sales are up, payroll may be expendable. If sales are down, payroll will be tight.

I know Publix delicatessens are busy for lunch also.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 01:18 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,453,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Each Harris Teeter delicatessen may be allocated a specific number of hours to schedule enough associates based on sales. If sales are up, payroll may be expendable. If sales are down, payroll will be tight.
But the staff are there...just doing 'other things'. Today, for instance, one member of staff was endlessly churning the tabouli salad, rather than addressing the immediate need.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:25 PM

5,869 posts, read 7,705,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Is Friendly's ice cream carried at HT or Publix?
I got some I believe from Food Lion recently but I think I've seen it at both HT and Publix also

Old 07-23-2015, 07:01 PM

19,961 posts, read 18,803,688 times
Default Bi-Lo in the Charlotte, North Carolina Area

Southeastern Grocers is selling 29 Bi-Lo stores in Georgia and Tennessee to K-VA-T Food Stores, which will convert them to Food City. The transaction means Bi-Lo is withdrawing from the Chattanooga, Tennessee area and northwest Georgia areas and exiting the state of Tennessee completely.

The reduction of stores from the transaction has led Southeastern Grocers to announce it will decrease the number of regions Bi-Lo operates from three to two. Bi-Lo's Charlotte area stores will join the Greenville (South Carolina) Region.

I am unaware of any plans for Bi-Lo to leave the Charlotte market. Increased growth and competition from Harris Teeter, Publix and Walmart will make it increasingly challenging to compete.

Publix will be opening the last of the seven regional stores it acquired from Bi-Lo in 2013 this fall.

Further reading:
"Southeastern Grocers to Transfer 29 Chattanooga-area BI-LO Stores to K-VA-T Food Stores Incorporated." Abingdon, Viriginia and Jacksonville, Florida: Southeastern Grocers. 2015-07-23.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:33 PM

7,672 posts, read 9,868,299 times
Just heard from my Dad that Lidl bought land in Gastonia near the Aldi there. In case some doesn't know, Lidl is Aldi's main competitor overseas. Also in Indian Land,SC and warehouses in Greensboro.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:11 PM

21,878 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Just heard from my Dad that Lidl bought land in Gastonia near the Aldi there. In case some doesn't know, Lidl is Aldi's main competitor overseas. Also in Indian Land,SC and warehouses in Greensboro.
Thanks +5.

Check with him to see if the land is on Union Rd. If it is, I think that it's next to Aldi, or darned close.

This doesn't surprise me at all. One of my grandfathers came from a tiny little village near Bitburg. There's an Aldi & a Lidl in downtown Bitburg that face each other separated by a walk-through alley. . .maybe 20 or 25 feet from one front door to the other.

Time for Food Lion to give up on the low price angle. The Germans are going to own that part of the market.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:16 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,784,191 times
Mooresville is getting 2 new supermarkets. Publix is coming to Brawley School Rd in the old Lowe's Food bldg. a Walmart Neighborhood Market has been approved & construction is supposed to begin soon. I'll believe that when I see it. No signs have been posted on the property yet. It will be on Hwy 3/Coddle Creek Rd right in front of the Harris Crossing subdivision, next door to Harris Village.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Mooresville is getting 2 new supermarkets. Publix is coming to Brawley School Rd in the old Lowe's Food bldg. a Walmart Neighborhood Market has been approved & construction is supposed to begin soon. I'll believe that when I see it. No signs have been posted on the property yet. It will be on Hwy 3/Coddle Creek Rd right in front of the Harris Crossing subdivision, next door to Harris Village.
Rosie, I think that you can bank on the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. They were a couple of months late starting construction on the Kings Mountain store & they took their time building it. I'd guess that it opened about 3 months later than the original projection.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
My Ingles started carrying Friendly last year. It might have been 12 - 18 flavors. It's at least doubled now. I think it's on sale 2 for $5 this week. They didn't carry the Christmas product last year.

Edy's expanded to include frozen custard. Turkey Hill is also expanded.
I was in the Kings Mountain Ingles this afternoon. They brought in a 2nd line of Turkey Hill. My guess is that Blue Bell won't be back.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:33 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,371,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I was in the Kings Mountain Ingles this afternoon. They brought in a 2nd line of Turkey Hill. My guess is that Blue Bell won't be back.
Turkey Hill Dairy, owned by Kroger Corp. They're everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or