Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 10:32 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
According to the Turkey Hill website, Food Lion carries their drinks, Lowes Foods carries their drinks and ice cream, and Rite Aid carries their drinks in addition to HT (which it says carries their drinks and ice cream).
I just checked their website & they show Ingles carrying the products in Asheville but don't show the products in Ingles in Kings Mountain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 09:30 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I just checked their website & they show Ingles carrying the products in Asheville but don't show the products in Ingles in Kings Mountain.
I wonder if Ingle's Markets stores outside North Carolina are selling Turkey Hill products.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I wonder if Ingle's Markets stores outside North Carolina are selling Turkey Hill products.
Good question. They obviously aren't giving Turkey Hill a full report of who's selling the products.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:48 AM

743 posts, read 825,493 times
It appears Harris Teeter will be adding Fuel Centers to several locations in the area

Old 08-02-2015, 08:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Default Harris Teeter Fuel Centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
It appears Harris Teeter will be adding Fuel Centers to several locations in the area
Harris Teeter operates one fuel center at store 453, Folly Road Crossing, 1985 Folly Road, Charleston, South Carolina 29412-9571. Previously Piggly Wiggly #17, the store was one of seven stores Harris Teeter acquired from Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company. The fuel center was originally part of Piggly Wiggly #17.

Being a subsidiary of Kroger, Harris Teeter would participate in Kroger's Fuel Program.

I can see Harris Teeter adding fuel centers to existing and new stores quickly.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Just heard from my Dad that Lidl bought land in Gastonia near the Aldi there. In case some doesn't know, Lidl is Aldi's main competitor overseas. Also in Indian Land,SC and warehouses in Greensboro.
I found an article in Supermarket News on the Lidl rollout.

. . .Schwarz officials confirmed their intention to expand stateside with a target date of 2018. The group, whose U.S. arm is doing business under the name MGP Retail Consulting, is targeting middle Atlantic states for sites and had tasked leaders from its division in Ireland to lead a feasibility study, and established offices in Arlington, Va.

. . .Various reports in recent months have suggested the chain was identifying store sites in Virginia and Pennsylvania and most recently, a distribution hub in North Carolina. Reports say the group would need about 100 sites to meet scale requirements.

Read More: Lidl seeking workers as U.S. launch draws near | Limited Assortment content from Supermarket News

Old 08-05-2015, 10:23 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Last week I was in Kentucky and shopped at a Meijer Supercenter. It is a huge discount store and grocer like Walmart, but much nicer. The bakery and deli items were significantly better, but reasonably priced like Walmart. I wish this store would expand down I-75 into Knoxville, TN and down to Atlanta. With some stores also in the Carolinas. I was told it was under consideration before the economy tanked in 2008. No update on their future expansion plans, but they are a good store with locations in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Last week I was in Kentucky and shopped at a Meijer Supercenter. It is a huge discount store and grocer like Walmart, but much nicer. The bakery and deli items were significantly better, but reasonably priced like Walmart. I wish this store would expand down I-75 into Knoxville, TN and down to Atlanta. With some stores also in the Carolinas. I was told it was under consideration before the economy tanked in 2008. No update on their future expansion plans, but they are a good store with locations in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan.
When I was a kid, we lived in Grand Rapids for 8 years. My mom did most of the grocery shopping at Kroger & Meijer, & the Meijer was the original location.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:29 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times
For people who think HT's produce area is second to none....picked up 6 corn yesterday and half were very bruised, also, some oranges I purchased were dried out and old.

My point is just because the store has the name and its 'assumed' everything is ripe and fresh and perfect, it may not be.

Also, this is not the 1st time that this has happened...

Old 08-06-2015, 06:33 AM

743 posts, read 825,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Meijer is a division of Kroger. Kroger's also has a similar format & I believe they are putting some in Atlanta & around Virginia Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte