U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-12-2015, 10:04 PM
 
Location: headed out of socal
166 posts, read 141,528 times
Reputation: 273

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Sprouts has not expanded to North Carolina yet. The Fresh Market and Earth Fare would be the only other options in specialty/gourmet grocers.
Thanks, that helps. I hope they come soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2015, 10:42 AM
 
601 posts, read 791,821 times
Reputation: 628
Has this been posted yet? Looks like Lidl is building one of their first locations off Monroe Road, near the Galleria:

Has international grocer Lidl found its first Charlotte location? - Charlotte Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 10:46 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
19,983 posts, read 18,915,825 times
Reputation: 5254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Strike View Post
Has this been posted yet? Looks like Lidl is building one of their first locations off Monroe Road, near the Galleria:

Has international grocer Lidl found its first Charlotte location? - Charlotte Business Journal
It is the first I have known about it. As Lidl proceeds with its regional distribution facility in Alamance County, it should move quickly selecting store sites and proceeding with the construction of new stores to be operational at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 10:50 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,966 posts, read 27,247,096 times
Reputation: 9008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Strike View Post
Has this been posted yet? Looks like Lidl is building one of their first locations off Monroe Road, near the Galleria:

Has international grocer Lidl found its first Charlotte location? - Charlotte Business Journal
Thanks. Aldi is doing a big expansion leading up to Lidl's roll out. This can only be seen as a positive. Too bad Charlotte didn't get the headquarters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 11:39 AM
 
45,001 posts, read 17,891,137 times
Reputation: 18864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Sprouts has not expanded to North Carolina yet. The Fresh Market and Earth Fare would be the only other options in specialty/gourmet grocers.
If you are in Davidson there is a large independent natural foods specialty grocery store that at one time was called the Home Economist. They have a new name now, but I don't remember it off the top of my head. Also at one time, they operated another store on South Blvd in the Sedgefield area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 12:23 PM
 
1,117 posts, read 2,457,607 times
Reputation: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you are in Davidson there is a large independent natural foods specialty grocery store that at one time was called the Home Economist. They have a new name now, but I don't remember it off the top of my head.
Healthy Home Market
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2015, 12:32 PM
 
666 posts, read 578,567 times
Reputation: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you are in Davidson there is a large independent natural foods specialty grocery store that at one time was called the Home Economist. They have a new name now, but I don't remember it off the top of my head. Also at one time, they operated another store on South Blvd in the Sedgefield area.
Healthy Home Market & the Sedgefield store moved to Plaza Midwood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2015, 11:36 AM
 
5,882 posts, read 7,737,086 times
Reputation: 3382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
It is the first I have known about it. As Lidl proceeds with its regional distribution facility in Alamance County, it should move quickly selecting store sites and proceeding with the construction of new stores to be operational at the same time.
I wonder how quickly they will announce other locations. I think one of the articles about the Monroe Rd one even said that probably wouldn't even be the first to open.

I'm thinking they might go in at 51 and Albemarle Rd. My original guess for there was a Walmart Neighborhood Market and I'd still say it's between those 2 if anything actually goes in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2015, 01:21 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,966 posts, read 27,247,096 times
Reputation: 9008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I wonder how quickly they will announce other locations. I think one of the articles about the Monroe Rd one even said that probably wouldn't even be the first to open.

I'm thinking they might go in at 51 and Albemarle Rd. My original guess for there was a Walmart Neighborhood Market and I'd still say it's between those 2 if anything actually goes in there.
I haven't been able to find anything about an actual location in Gastonia. However, the poster who said that they have one indicated Union Road which could put it in proximity to Aldi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2015, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,460 posts, read 4,344,661 times
Reputation: 1401
Publix has just announced a home delivery service for the Charlotte area. I believe Harris Teeter may also offer this service at select locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top