U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 07:08 AM

66 posts, read 40,086 times

Advertisements

So dissapointed with Food Lion in Mooresville! Nothing to compare with Delhaize stores where I used to shop when I was in Brussels. Delhaize' stores in Brussels offer the fresh, good quality products with a large variety. It's a kind of Whole Food with a very affordable price. Unfortunately, it's not the case of Food Lion here. I came to Food Lion's stores two times when I first arrived here, and never come back since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 09:55 AM

22,015 posts, read 27,305,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillax View Post
So dissapointed with Food Lion in Mooresville! Nothing to compare with Delhaize stores where I used to shop when I was in Brussels. Delhaize' stores in Brussels offer the fresh, good quality products with a large variety. It's a kind of Whole Food with a very affordable price. Unfortunately, it's not the case of Food Lion here. I came to Food Lion's stores two times when I first arrived here, and never come back since.
While traveling in Luxembourg, I went into a Delhaize store, Match. It was very nice. I can't say the same for Food Lion.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:43 PM

3,472 posts, read 4,363,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Anyone can promote itself as having the lowest food prices in North Carolina and elsewhere. It takes more than competitive low prices to bring in customers.
Food Town/Food Lion was known as a low price leader with smaller, compact stores, and that concept did indeed drive its expansion and success. After a series of changes and missteps by Delhaize over the years, the brand became confused and began to falter, with quality control issues and poor customer service. As a result, customers began fleeing to Walmart, Aldi, Publix and Harris Teeter instead.

Food Lion is now trying to strike a balance between reasonable prices and nicer stores to regenerate business. And to improve customer service. But so far this is proving to be a challenge. As Walmart and Aldi have low prices, and Harris Teeter and Publix have nicer stores with better customer service.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Food Town/Food Lion was known as a low price leader with smaller, compact stores, and that concept did indeed drive its expansion and success. After a series of changes and missteps by Delhaize over the years, the brand became confused and began to falter, with quality control issues and poor customer service. As a result, customers began fleeing to Walmart, Aldi, Publix and Harris Teeter instead.

Food Lion is now trying to strike a balance between reasonable prices and nicer stores to regenerate business. And to improve customer service. But so far this is proving to be a challenge. As Walmart and Aldi have low prices, and Harris Teeter and Publix have nicer stores with better customer service.
As many places that Ingles has absolutely crushed Food Lion, you'd think that they'd take some lessons from the Ingle family.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:59 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,397,248 times
Has anyone been to Super G recently? I was super impressed with their produce selection and lunch counter. Some of the most underrated ramen in Charlotte.

If you haven't been and you like international food, take a trip over there and see what you may be missing.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:28 PM

17 posts, read 25,213 times
Super G was the store that finally convinced my wife she made the right decision to move here (she's filipino-american and native NY'er). We get a great deal of our produce from there and helps us when we get a craving for Korean BBQ.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:08 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,397,248 times
Awesome. I knew I wasn't the only one as it was packed in there. I am going to try to make a point to stop the next time I'm coming into town and need traffic the traffic to cool on Independence. It really is a great store.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:30 PM

19,986 posts, read 18,977,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Food Lion has tried on many occasions to strike a balance between reasonable prices and reasonable stores to regain business. I am afraid it has ran out of opportunities under Delhaize. Ahold has the opportunity to improve Food Lion and improve it to a quality supermarket Bi-Lo was when it owned it.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:33 PM

19,986 posts, read 18,977,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
As many places that Ingles has absolutely crushed Food Lion, you'd think that they'd take some lessons from the Ingle family.
I wonder if Food Lion has learned its lessons. If staying the course of failed concepts and more stores closing satisfies it, more power to it.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I wonder if Food Lion has learned its lessons. If staying the course of failed concepts and more stores closing satisfies it, more power to it.
I'm baffled by the latest announcement. They just redid the stores 2 years ago.

I read that Lidl is going to have limited baking in their stores. That will be yet another nail in Food Lion's coffin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or