U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 01:43 AM

19,961 posts, read 18,797,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Publix has already said that they're buying a vacant office building adjacent to Carmel Commons and applying to get it re-zoned. Is that building called Quail Commons? Too many Carmels and Quails in that area.
Publix purchased Quail Commons in February. A store on the site has not been officially announced yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI
Camfield Corners seems like it would be a bit too small for Publix. The market area is correct, but they would have to take over additional stores in the strip to make it work for them.
Publix has taken over former Bi-Lo stores approximately the size of Bi-Lo #5156 with no problems. I do not know why Camfield Corners would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI
I don't see Publix going into the Monroe BI-LO store, as they haven't already jumped on the vacant Harris Teeter or Kmart just down the block. They haven't even broken ground on the Sun Valley (Indian Trail) store yet, even though they've put up the signs.
It would not surprise me if Publix opens a store in Monroe. Would Harris Teeter consider returning to Monroe with a new, larger store?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 12:17 PM

162 posts, read 597,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Publix purchased Quail Commons in February. A store on the site has not been officially announced yet.

Publix has taken over former Bi-Lo stores approximately the size of Bi-Lo #5156 with no problems. I do not know why Camfield Corners would be different.

It would not surprise me if Publix opens a store in Monroe. Would Harris Teeter consider returning to Monroe with a new, larger store?
For my own totally selfish reasons, I would love to see Harris Teeter take over the BiLo at Camfield Corners and turn it into a 201 Central!

Old 07-07-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapsme View Post
For my own totally selfish reasons, I would love to see Harris Teeter take over the BiLo at Camfield Corners and turn it into a 201 Central!
Harris Teeter's 201 Central stores are half the size of a supermarket.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:43 AM

3,445 posts, read 4,310,888 times
To resolve a previous concern, As best I can tell, Friendly's Ice Cream is sold at Food Lion and Ingle's stores. Not sure about other retailers. It is on sale this week at Food Lion. Their products may also still be sold at various Friendly restaurant locations, although unfortunately many of their underperforming stores have closed in recent years. The Huntersville store was poorly managed, and I am not sure what has replaced it. The Orlando, Fla location has apparently also closed, as have many in Virginia, Maryland, and Massachusetts. Although 2 remain near Richmond. But the nearest Carolinas locations remaining are 2 stores in Myrtle Beach. I would like to see Friendly's make a comeback, as they seem to be one of the last ice cream focused sandwich and soda shoppes remaining, since the departure of Howard Johnson's and Swensons. I gues the more modern version would be Steak and Shake, Culver's, and Freddy's.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:05 PM

7 posts, read 5,419 times
As I mentioned a few months back, the South New Hope Road BiLo is in the middle of a massive remodel. I can't imagine them investing this kind of money if they planned on exiting the region.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:32 PM

1,186 posts, read 815,548 times
Food Lion's parent company is supposed to complete their merger later this month.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:09 PM

Default Bi-Lo #5633, 2601 South New Hope Road, Gastonia, North Carolina 28056-2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerrad74 View Post
As I mentioned a few months back, the South New Hope Road BiLo is in the middle of a massive remodel. I can't imagine them investing this kind of money if they planned on exiting the region.
If Southeastern Grocers wants to invest time and money into making Bi-Lo #5633 look nice, more power to them. They have spent time and money into stores that have closed or have been divested in other markets.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:42 AM

8 posts, read 6,675 times
Default Another Publix coming

This might be old news for some, but another Publix is coming soon to Sherrill's Ford on 150. This is only a 10 minute drive from the Harris Teeter in Byer's Creek Plaza in Mooresville (which is where I shop out of convenience). This is probably a similar distance from the Food Lion on the corner of 150 & 16 on the Denver side. This Harris Teeter is also only a 5 minute drive or so from the new Publix opening up on Brawley School Rd in Mooresville next month. Competition is fierce!

Publix to open Sherrills Ford store in late 2017 | The Charlotte Observer

This village looks like it may be something similar to Birkdale Village when all is said and done. Can't believe the amount of growth around here!

Old 07-14-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanoma99 View Post
This might be old news for some, but another Publix is coming soon to Sherrill's Ford on 150. This is only a 10 minute drive from the Harris Teeter in Byer's Creek Plaza in Mooresville (which is where I shop out of convenience). This is probably a similar distance from the Food Lion on the corner of 150 & 16 on the Denver side. This Harris Teeter is also only a 5 minute drive or so from the new Publix opening up on Brawley School Rd in Mooresville next month. Competition is fierce!

Publix to open Sherrills Ford store in late 2017 | The Charlotte Observer

This village looks like it may be something similar to Birkdale Village when all is said and done. Can't believe the amount of growth around here!
Publix announced its Sherrills Ford store in May. ("The Village Shoppes, Sherrills Ford, North Carolina.")

Old 07-15-2016, 05:57 PM

3,445 posts, read 4,310,888 times
The Ahold/Delhaize merger has resulted in several market adjustments in Virginia and Maryland to satisfy antitrust concerns. Many Food Lion stores in Maryland have been sold to Weiss Markets, as well as a few in Northern Virginia. Apparently they will concentrate on the stronger Giant brand in this region rather than Food Lion. However, in Richmond they have decided to maintain Food Lion and will sell the Martin's stores to Publix as the Florida grocer apparently plans to aggressively enter the market. The Martin's stores were operated by Giant Carlisle, whereas the other Giant stores are part of Giant Landover. Both are divisions of Ahold. I wonder if eventually they would consider consolidating these similar brands. Meanwhile, they continue working to create a new and refreshing Food Lion, with renovations underway in the Charlotte region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or