Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 02:28 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,217,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
This is true. Supermarket chains don't usually accompany their fuel centers with c-stores if it is in the parking lot of the main store. Here in Durham, there is a Kroger fuel center right across from a Sheetz and they both do fine. The Exxon next to the Sheetz doesn't look too busy.

I think Sheetz and Wawa meet up in Virginia
Who has the higher fuel prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 06:33 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I wonder if that is similar to Publix's PIX fuel stations and convenience stores, which were closed and divested in 2013.
I don't know, but it could be a reason to not bother with existing fuel stations at Martins, in Richmond & Petersburg.

I know that when you pull off I 95, in Petersburg, to go to WaWa you follow signs for a while to find it. It's not at the off-ramp. It's located conveniently for the locals.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:47 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,475,531 times
Quote:
Haven't paid attention to it recently, but I'll swing by sometime in the next few days. Gasbuddy has them both at $2.09

Last edited by Renownedtheworldaround; 07-18-2016 at 07:00 AM..

Old 07-18-2016, 10:36 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,344,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
WaWa has a huge following. Their gas stations have good prices for fuel without gimmicks. They are a factor that isn't here.
Wawa is an excellent convenience store. But so is QuikTrip which you could substitute for Wawa in the Carolinas and Georgia. I always make a point to stop at QT whenever possible, and they have locations all along I-85 from Charlotte down to Atlanta. Would be great to see Wawa come to the Carolinas, but the c-store market is likely saturated, and they have skipped from Virginia down to Florida.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:38 AM

But as mentioned Kroger is now adding fuel centers at select Harris Teeter locations.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:58 PM

QT is only around Charlotte. Sheetz is the Wawa/QT equivalent (Boy, am I going to get flamed for saying this) in the Triad and the Triangle. They're making inroads into Eastern North Carolina as we speak.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:28 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Wawa is an excellent convenience store. But so is QuikTrip which you could substitute for Wawa in the Carolinas and Georgia. I always make a point to stop at QT whenever possible, and they have locations all along I-85 from Charlotte down to Atlanta. Would be great to see Wawa come to the Carolinas, but the c-store market is likely saturated, and they have skipped from Virginia down to Florida.
In my opinion, WaWa trumps Quick Trip. We've had discussions about it on this board before. I don't recall any posters who are familiar with WaWa saying that Quick Trip is as good.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
In my opinion, WaWa trumps Quick Trip. We've had discussions about it on this board before. I don't recall any posters who are familiar with WaWa saying that Quick Trip is as good.
A bit nicer perhaps. But they both have nice clean stores, fresh food offerings, good customer service, and of course fuel centers. And QT has recently upgraded their fresh prepared foods with QT Kitchens, and I really like their breakfast pizza as a nice alternative to the other fast food choices. But I will agree Wawa was always my top choice in Northern Virginia where the other choice was mainly 7-11. And I would love to see Wawa come to Charlotte, but I think it is unlikely unless another player such as Circle K or Kangaroo were to exit the market. But perhaps a jump from Richmond down to Raleigh may be a possibility for future Wawa expansion.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
QT is only around Charlotte. Sheetz is the Wawa/QT equivalent (Boy, am I going to get flamed for saying this) in the Triad and the Triangle. They're making inroads into Eastern North Carolina as we speak.
I remember Sheetz as a good store and fuel center. But I believe the closest locations to Charlotte may be possibly Salisbury and Statesville, but I would need confirmation on that.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Well, I was in the area and noticed these prices:
Sheetz: $2.09

Kroger: $2.09

Exxon: $2.09

All of them had gas at $2.09/gallon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte