U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 04:09 PM

45,007 posts, read 17,902,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
Wasn't it Food Lion who tried it with Bloom. Hope Amazon has a better plan.
I went to the opening of the first Bloom Store. Once I got the tour, I left thinking that it was never going to work. They pushed technology for the sake of technology, and as a result, it make shopping more complicated without much benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 08:16 AM

501 posts, read 341,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
They have decent penetration in Mississippi, but not Alabama.

Kroger store count by state as of January 2016:

North Carolina: 160 (Kroger Mid-Atlantic, Harris Teeter)

Georgia: 173 (Kroger Atlanta, Harris Teeter)

South Carolina: 35 (Kroger Atlanta, Harris Teeter)

Virginia: 106 (Kroger Mid-Atlantic, Harris Teeter)

Tennessee: 120 (Kroger Mid-Atlantic, Kroger Nashville, Kroger Delta)

Florida: 1 (Harris Teeter)

Alabama: 11 (Kroger Nashville)

Mississippi: 31 (Kroger Delta)

Arkansas: 32 (Kroger Delta)

Louisiana: 8 (Kroger Dallas)
Where is Engle's (not sure of the spelling) in regards to N.C.? They are big in the western part of the state, i.e., Asheville.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:53 AM

45,007 posts, read 17,902,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassielad View Post
Where is Engle's (not sure of the spelling) in regards to N.C.? They are big in the western part of the state, i.e., Asheville.
It's spelled with an I, Ingles. They are are west of the Charlotte Metro. Unless there has been recent change, there are none in Mecklenburg county (Charlotte).

Old 12-11-2016, 09:10 AM

19,983 posts, read 18,922,177 times
Surrounding Mecklenburg County, Ingle's is in Gaston (two stores), Iredell (one store), Lincoln (one store), and Stanly (one store) counties.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:16 AM

21,966 posts, read 27,252,729 times
Quote:
It's Ingles. I shop, primarily, at Ingles & Aldi. Is there something specific that you want to know about Ingles or just where they are in relation to Charlotte?

Old 12-11-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's spelled with an I, Ingles. They are are west of the Charlotte Metro. Unless there has been recent change, there are none in Mecklenburg county (Charlotte).
You're right. Strange they haven't expanded much.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
It's Ingles. I shop, primarily, at Ingles & Aldi. Is there something specific that you want to know about Ingles or just where they are in relation to Charlotte?
I just noticed that the list of large grocery stores in N.C. didn't include Ingles. I didn't know if they were simply forgotten. But, I wouldn't mind adding them to my list along with my shopping at Aldi's. Looks like Lidl will be here soon.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You're right. Strange they haven't expanded much.
Ingle's may have not expanded beyond its footprint because there are enough supermarket participants elsewhere in the state, or it has not been interested in increasing store count and entering new markets.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I just noticed that the list of large grocery stores in N.C. didn't include Ingles. I didn't know if they were simply forgotten. But, I wouldn't mind adding them to my list along with my shopping at Aldi's. Looks like Lidl will be here soon.
Supermarkets in North Carolina
BI-LO
Farm Fresh
Food Lion
Harris Teeter
Harvey's Supermarket
IGA (includes Carlie C's)
Ingle's
Kroger
Lowe's Foods
Piggly Wiggly
Publix
Walmart Neighborhood Market

Hypermarkets in North Carolina
SuperTarget
Walmart Supercenter

Specialty organic/gourmet grocery stores in North Carolina
Earth Fare
The Fresh Market
Trader Joe's
Whole Foods Market

Limited assortment/discount grocery stores in North Carolina
Aldi
Grocery Outlet
Sav-Mor
Save-A-Lot

Old 12-11-2016, 01:40 PM

21,966 posts, read 27,252,729 times
Quote:
The last two stores that Bob Ingle built before his death were in Kings Mountain & Dallas. He had the land in Lincoln County & pulled the building permit, but it wasn't built for several years. It was being talked about openly that he was looking at Gastonia & Belmont. Apparently, that died with him.

If you're in Mecklenburg County, Dallas might be nearest to you. Its just off 321.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or