U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-17-2017, 09:13 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,878 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Reputation: 8943

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I believe there may be a Harvey's down in Greenwood in the central Lake region, but not really the main part of the Upstate near Greenville-Spartanburg. In the GSP area, most underperforming BI-LO locations have closed rather than converted.
Right now there's a Bi-Lo in Gastonia, pretty much across Hudson from Aldi. Lidl will be, pretty much, down the street. I don't see that store staying open. There's another Bi-Lo fairly close to the Walmart on the west side of Gastonia. It's an unpleasant looking place. If there was any half way decent competition in that area, it would close. Actually, I've seen a fair number of non-Hispanic customers at Wow Supermarket, besides me, when I stop there. Wow Supermarket might shut the Bi-Lo in west Gastonia. I wonder what is the magic number before they pull out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2017, 09:20 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,878 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
According to WSOC-TV, Publix is apparently seeking a site for a new store near the Arboretum on Hwy. 51. But Harris Teeter allegedly has a contract prohibiting another supermarket within the same shopping center as their Arboretum store, so it will likely be down the road nearby.
When the Gaston Mall was rebuilt they offered a prime spot to Bob Ingle. Teeter pulled out their contract & forbade it. Then they pulled out & gave their spot to Lowes Foods. Dicks is in the spot that was offered to Bob Ingle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Charlotte Metro Area
2,155 posts, read 3,371,101 times
Reputation: 1657
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
According to WSOC-TV, Publix is apparently seeking a site for a new store near the Arboretum on Hwy. 51. But Harris Teeter allegedly has a contract prohibiting another supermarket within the same shopping center as their Arboretum store, so it will likely be down the road nearby.

Harris Teeter would rather run stores at a loss than give up any more of South Charlotte to Publix. That's not the only center where they've put the kibosh on Publix.


Publix already has a plan to buy and demolish a building adjacent to Carmel Commons.


Maybe Publix can convince Food Lion to sell them the Candlewyck store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2017, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,445 posts, read 4,313,380 times
Reputation: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Right now there's a Bi-Lo in Gastonia, pretty much across Hudson from Aldi. Lidl will be, pretty much, down the street. I don't see that store staying open. There's another Bi-Lo fairly close to the Walmart on the west side of Gastonia. It's an unpleasant looking place. If there was any half way decent competition in that area, it would close. Actually, I've seen a fair number of non-Hispanic customers at Wow Supermarket, besides me, when I stop there. Wow Supermarket might shut the Bi-Lo in west Gastonia. I wonder what is the magic number before they pull out.
I believe they recently did a nice big renovation of one of the Bi-Lo stores in Gastonia. Probably due to the arrival of Publix and return of Harris Teeter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2017, 06:32 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,878 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I believe they recently did a nice big renovation of one of the Bi-Lo stores in Gastonia. Probably due to the arrival of Publix and return of Harris Teeter.
I think that someone said that it was a million dollar renovation. It seems like that poster said that it was on New Hope.

That doesn't help the one on Hudson & Union that will be framed by Aldi & Lidl or the one by the Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2017, 08:19 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,878 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Reputation: 8943
I was at Aldi in Gastonia today. I found out that Belmont is now closed for renovations. Shelby is still undergoing renovations The Lidl in Gastonia is now under construction as well as the Lidl in Shelby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2017, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,445 posts, read 4,313,380 times
Reputation: 1394
I am curious do any Charlotte area grocers carry Code Red Diet Mountain Dew? It is not available in my immediate area GVL, SC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2017, 05:11 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,878 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I am curious do any Charlotte area grocers carry Code Red Diet Mountain Dew? It is not available in my immediate area GVL, SC.
Have you looked at Ingles? They carry Code Red. I saw Code Red in a RiteAid in Gastonia. I've seen Code Red, but don't remember if it was diet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2017, 06:47 PM
 
142 posts, read 87,477 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I am curious do any Charlotte area grocers carry Code Red Diet Mountain Dew? It is not available in my immediate area GVL, SC.
According to the Target web site product search, it is available in Spartanburg, Anderson, Gastonia and other locations (wish it was available in the Triangle.) I assume that Spartanburg has a different Pepsi bottler than Greenville.

I've used this to find other hard to find drinks (I have one employee who likes Diet Barqs, which is also not available in the Triangle. No surprise I was able to find it in Atlanta, home of Coke.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2017, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Mauldin/Greenville
3,445 posts, read 4,313,380 times
Reputation: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Have you looked at Ingles? They carry Code Red. I saw Code Red in a RiteAid in Gastonia. I've seen Code Red, but don't remember if it was diet.
They apparently do not distribute Diet Code Red Mountain Dew in Greenville County. But possibly Spartanburg and Anderson which is different Pepsi distributor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top