Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 08:29 AM

306 posts, read 517,439 times

Advertisements

I would talk to other neighbors before going to the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 08:48 AM

370 posts, read 543,669 times
If there isn't anything going on that actually bothers you, I'd leave it alone. Mind your own business. Maybe your neighbor is just promiscuous. Pinning them as a prostitute, and then being WRONG about it, is probably going to make for some awkward future exchanges...

Old 07-10-2015, 09:15 AM

5 posts, read 18,561 times
Sounds like I struck a chord gees

Old 07-10-2015, 09:30 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,031,788 times
Mention to the HOA that you think your neighbor is running a business from home. Maybe they'll investigate.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:38 AM

279 posts, read 361,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor001 View Post
Hi everyone,
What are my rights?? I really don't appreciate this! What can I do??
Any input is appreciated!
Ok - in order:

Your rights? You have the right to approach your neighbor with your concern. You also have the right to go to the HOA if you have a concern. Of Course you could choose to escalate it without common courtesy steps and go right to the police

I really don't appreciate this! OK. But I wonder if the neighbor, HOA, and police will appreciate that you didn't bother with taking basic steps to approach your matter of concern with the interested parties first?

What can I do?? Think I already covered, but I'll make it more clear:
1. You can go to your neighbor first and raise your concern. That is honestly a courtesy one would expect of anyone making an issue about "neighbors" behavior.

2. If she brushed you off - you can go to the HOA and raise your concern. They have a vested interest in making certain there is no illegal activity.

3. If the HOA is unhelpful you can go to the police.

4. You can continue to fret about it online

5. You can continue to sit by your window, take pictures, and write in your log about activity you admit is not presenting a noise or loitering issue all the while letting us know you don't have time for this.

6. You can disregard whatever anyone here says (me included) and do whatever you want.

Any input is appreciated! If you have a problem with your neighbor go to the neighbor first, then the HOA, then the police. Hope you appreciate the input!

Old 07-10-2015, 10:18 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,895 times
Sounds like someone has nosy neighbor syndrome. Be careful, it's contagious.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:56 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,208,453 times
If the guys aren't causing any problems other than coming and going why are you stalking them? I think the neighbor has a real complaint against you for stalking at this point. Going to the police with your evidence could backfire.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:48 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,462,440 times
Is she hot?

Old 07-10-2015, 11:56 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,815,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-guy View Post
Ok - in order:

Your rights? You have the right to approach your neighbor with your concern. You also have the right to go to the HOA if you have a concern. Of Course you could choose to escalate it without common courtesy steps and go right to the police

I really don't appreciate this! OK. But I wonder if the neighbor, HOA, and police will appreciate that you didn't bother with taking basic steps to approach your matter of concern with the interested parties first?

What can I do?? Think I already covered, but I'll make it more clear:
1. You can go to your neighbor first and raise your concern. That is honestly a courtesy one would expect of anyone making an issue about "neighbors" behavior.

2. If she brushed you off - you can go to the HOA and raise your concern. They have a vested interest in making certain there is no illegal activity.

3. If the HOA is unhelpful you can go to the police.

4. You can continue to fret about it online

5. You can continue to sit by your window, take pictures, and write in your log about activity you admit is not presenting a noise or loitering issue all the while letting us know you don't have time for this.

6. You can disregard whatever anyone here says (me included) and do whatever you want.

Any input is appreciated! If you have a problem with your neighbor go to the neighbor first, then the HOA, then the police. Hope you appreciate the input!
Great post, forgot one thing. OP can move. Oddly enough, I feel bad for the neighbor.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:57 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,604,523 times
Your neighbor is endangering you and others by bringing clients to her home instead of using a motel.

I would not confront her since she has so little sense. Go to the HOA first and then the police, if necessary. You don't have to put up with illegal activities in your neighborhood.

Normally, I believe in minding my own business, but it will take only one client with a gun and a grudge to make trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: