U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 09:03 PM

2,820 posts, read 4,917,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGrand View Post
Me and my fiance are considering leaving Phoenix and moving to Charlotte. We both lived in Phoenix our whole lives and we want to live somewhere lush, green, and just experience somewhere new.

We don't need to worry about a job because we can transfer to Charlotte or Greenville within our company (we work for the same company) and our pay would be about the same now.

We own our house here in Phoenix, but we are curious about what we could get in Charlotte.
Combined we make about 60k a year. We have car payments and a baby on the way. We want to find a 3bed/2bath two story home in a nice area. Is that possible? What areas?

Also what are utilities like in the summer? Our electric bill last month was $300.

What about humidity? Is it tolerable?

Thanks!
With a combined salary of $60K, unfortunately that will not get you a house in Charlotte...Prices have risen due to the popularity of Charlotte, along with a stronger economy that's coming back. Even if you look to the suburbs with that combined salary its not going to get you in the most desirable area. Strongly urge you to visit 2-3 times to get a feel of the area/prices/way of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 09:20 PM

29,758 posts, read 27,191,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
With a combined salary of $60K, unfortunately that will not get you a house in Charlotte...Prices have risen due to the popularity of Charlotte, along with a stronger economy that's coming back. Even if you look to the suburbs with that combined salary its not going to get you in the most desirable area. Strongly urge you to visit 2-3 times to get a feel of the area/prices/way of life.
Bravo...a well-reasoned, practical response.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:38 PM

181 posts, read 184,201 times
It really is dependent upon what you want. My inclination is that you're looking at the suburbs just based on what you're describing that you want to live near. If you're dead set on moving, the townhouse market in desirable areas is probably your best bet - but there also are a number of options in the "older house, nicer area" category in Charlotte that I think a lot of people do pass over (my first though is the Park Rd. Extension - Carmel Commons area).

Harrisburg and Mint Hill are both not bad places to live, and neither is the Mallard Creek area near Concord and UNCC (be advised though, if you do look for homes in that area, you do need to do some due diligence as that area is a mixed bag).

But, as has been said, visit a few times and think about what you want. It is difficult to get in a "perfect" (I know, broad term when talking about buying a house) situation in that price range in Charlotte.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:47 AM

371 posts, read 410,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Bravo...a well-reasoned, practical response.
I'm stunned. It's the most incredible thing I've ever seen on citydata

Old 07-24-2015, 07:45 AM

3,389 posts, read 4,779,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosHogan View Post
Ahem! I rest my case!

Old 07-24-2015, 09:24 AM

29,758 posts, read 27,191,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosHogan View Post
lol!

Old 07-24-2015, 11:34 AM

469 posts, read 877,005 times
Was City-Data hacked?

Old 07-24-2015, 10:05 PM

818 posts, read 642,650 times
Interesting paradox. I know a lot of people wanting to go to UT, NV, AZ because the economy and job markets are so refreshing..

I was going to buy a lot of land out there a couple years ago but went with Florida for convienence. The desert is pretty awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or