U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 10:50 AM

23 posts, read 22,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkforu View Post
Being the introvert that I am, after working 9 hours a day I don't like the five or six employees that bellow at me "how at you doing today m'ame". Plus they do not give me the option of taking my own groceries out to my car. Also, they always want to start a conversation about the food I am buying, and then after forcing themselves on me to carry my groceries to my car, I pop open the trunk and have to answer nosy questions about the common items in my trunk. The Publix in question is the one located at Gold Hill Road in Fort Mill. I emailed the manager about the above behavior and said it would be nice to be left alone to shop in peace and the response was: why don't I stop by and introduce myself the next time I am in their store! Gee, no thanks. That's a great way to really get a bullseye on my forehead.

Anyways, I will go the the HT in Ballantyne on my way home from work, or the Food Lion, or even Aldi's before Publix, just so I don't have to put up with all that harassment.

Seriously, how do you make it through life?

This post is simply bewildering to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 11:47 AM

7,672 posts, read 9,878,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 843bbq View Post
Seriously, how do you make it through life?

This post is simply bewildering to me.
What is bewildering to you? I am the same way, I just want to shop in peace. You have an issue with shopping in peace?

Old 10-14-2015, 06:18 PM

132 posts, read 96,396 times
Publix is ok I guess. It is expensive and the constant "how can I help you" from employees is annoying. One person asking is enough, I don't need it every time I turn down an aisle. I've also had the experience with them assuming I want them to help me to my car. I don't, I'm 30 years old, I can load my own groceries into my car. The staff is just so overeager that it irritates me.

All that said, I love shopping at Aldi, so maybe Publix is too nice for me. Get my own cart, bag my own groceries, and talk with the cashier while they scan my groceries is more my speed. I shop at Harris Teeter as well because there is one within walking distance of my house. They also offer to take my groceries to the car but don't force the issue by grabbing the cart and heading for the door.

I guess I just spend all day interacting with people at work. I really don't want to be social in the grocery store the entire time I shop.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:11 PM

436 posts, read 335,198 times
I lived in Florida and used Publix for years. It isn't much difference in Publix and Harris teeter. I use Harris Teeter because their hot bar buffet is far superior. Nice to have the for the convenience, but sort of status quo for the area. I am happy that Lidl is coming.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:22 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,755,540 times
Publix - Where shopping is a pleasure. I think its fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or