Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times

Advertisements

I committed to this silly little town, finally found a house and bought it. Huntersville here i come!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 04:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Welcome to the city!!

Old 01-24-2008, 04:53 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
I committed to this silly little town, finally found a house and bought it. Huntersville here i come!
Sounds good to me! Congrats!

Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 PM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Congrats, it is such a nice town

Old 01-24-2008, 05:25 PM

429 posts, read 730,153 times
Welcome!!! I think you will love it!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
FANTASTIC! Good for you!

Old 01-25-2008, 05:45 AM

385 posts, read 1,575,477 times
Quote:
Hi there!
Congratulations on your move!
Why did you choose Huntersville over Charlotte?
I'm moving this weekend to either Charlotte or Huntersville... W00-H00! (we'll make the final decision when we arrive and tour both areas).

Sincerely,
Maddie Claire

Old 01-25-2008, 06:27 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
Hi there!
Congratulations on your move!
Why did you choose Huntersville over Charlotte?
I'm moving this weekend to either Charlotte or Huntersville... W00-H00! (we'll make the final decision when we arrive and tour both areas).

Sincerely,
Maddie Claire
Not to steal Whytewulf's thread, but thought I would throw in my reason for choosing S. CLT over H'ville. My sister had lived in H'ville since the 80s so while I was living out of state, I would visit her and had decided - if we ever move back to CLT - I would move to H'ville.

However, DH's regional office was located in S. CLT so we decided the commute was not workable. As it turns out, he basically telecommutes, so it was not such a concern after all. But that is my answer - the commute was our deciding factor. H'ville is a great area!!

Sister has since moved to Mooresville, so I guess if I move, I would now consider M'ville! Both towns are growing, vibrant areas.

Good luck on your upcoming move!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:42 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
Hi all, thanks for the congrats. I am looking forward to getting in next month. Anyway free to help move?

Why I chose Huntersville? I work in uptown, and wanted to stay within 45 minutes of uptown. Pretty good sized radius. I could have gotten a bit more house for the money in the south, however, I have family in Salsbury and Winston, so staying on the north side made sense. After looking at several communities, I liked the Huntersville ones because they seem to have a bit more potential for value increases. They have better ranked schools. Some draw backs, is you are stuck with some more 2 lane roads and less retail right there. I will be between northlake mall and Birkdale, which means 10 minutes one way or the other. There is still some open land that may stay open land. It's also a bit smaller community where I feel I could still get involved. Needs a good sports bar though.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM

385 posts, read 1,575,477 times
Quote:
Hi all, thanks for the congrats. I am looking forward to getting in next month. Anyway free to help move?

Why I chose Huntersville? I work in uptown, and wanted to stay within 45 minutes of uptown. Pretty good sized radius. I could have gotten a bit more house for the money in the south, however, I have family in Salsbury and Winston, so staying on the north side made sense. After looking at several communities, I liked the Huntersville ones because they seem to have a bit more potential for value increases. They have better ranked schools. Some draw backs, is you are stuck with some more 2 lane roads and less retail right there. I will be between northlake mall and Birkdale, which means 10 minutes one way or the other. There is still some open land that may stay open land. It's also a bit smaller community where I feel I could still get involved. Needs a good sports bar though.
Thanks for the information!
Best of luck to you!
If you find a good sports bar let me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte