U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 12:19 PM

11,717 posts, read 9,341,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
You just don't want to admit that being white doesn't buy you a pass. I've been stopped for no reason whatsoever & ordered out of my car at gunpoint. I did exactly what my mother told me to do & obeyed, spoke respectfully, & above all, showed my open palms & made no sudden moves. I'll say it again, if I charged at officers without identifying that I was in a bad situation I would expect that I would be turned into swiss cheese.
I think it's you who doesn't want to admit it. You got stopped one time and keep repeating it like it's proof.

Most Black men have been stopped 5 times or more for no reason. I was stopped in 10th grade while walking home because a cop said someone reported a car stolen. I was walking... lol

I was stopped and,accused of vandalism in college but since my uncle is a lawyer the hole was on them.

My friends car was stopped and searched in college because there was 5 black men in the car. when we asked why the cop said he didn't have to give a reason.

I was rolled up on by cops on Philly because we were sitting in a luxury car. Car turned off, listening to music..but since it was a nice car we had to prove it was ours.

shall I go on or do you get where I'm going with this. Your one incident has stuck with you for life.

Now think about the men who have 10 or 12 or 20 incidents over their lifetime.

sorry for the rant. I'm done... I just think it's wrong when people try to act like "it could happen to anyone" when that clearly, isn't the case.

I seen white women curse cops out, charge them, etc and all the cop does is say "miss, calm down or I will be forced to arrest you"

unless a white woman has a weapon or is covered in blood she isn't getting shot unless she is standing next to a man with a weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 12:27 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,045,152 times
It is not clear to me at all. Bright lights ,dark night. No sirens, no identification, 3 seconds (approx), 12 shots fired.

I think it is over reacting to begin shooting before you've had time to assess anything. And I while I don't understand what the victim was doing, I don't view his actions as anything worthy of being shot and killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
The victim was the "aggressor" here, that was pretty clear from the video. To use your word, the question that the jury must decide here is whether Kerrick overreacted to that aggression (but he did not "definitely" overreact).
(~)

Old 08-14-2015, 12:34 PM

5,869 posts, read 7,700,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
It is not clear to me at all.
Running directly at someone is being the aggressor. That's all I was saying and there is no way around that point.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:54 PM

21,853 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I think it's you who doesn't want to admit it. You got stopped one time and keep repeating it like it's proof.

Most Black men have been stopped 5 times or more for no reason. I was stopped in 10th grade while walking home because a cop said someone reported a car stolen. I was walking... lol

I was stopped and,accused of vandalism in college but since my uncle is a lawyer the hole was on them.

My friends car was stopped and searched in college because there was 5 black men in the car. when we asked why the cop said he didn't have to give a reason.

I was rolled up on by cops on Philly because we were sitting in a luxury car. Car turned off, listening to music..but since it was a nice car we had to prove it was ours.

shall I go on or do you get where I'm going with this. Your one incident has stuck with you for life.

Now think about the men who have 10 or 12 or 20 incidents over their lifetime.

sorry for the rant. I'm done... I just think it's wrong when people try to act like "it could happen to anyone" when that clearly, isn't the case.

I seen white women curse cops out, charge them, etc and all the cop does is say "miss, calm down or I will be forced to arrest you"

unless a white woman has a weapon or is covered in blood she isn't getting shot unless she is standing next to a man with a weapon.

Wrong. I was stopped more than once & never with a concrete valid excuse. I've been stopped in cars & on foot, including the Broad St Concourse & on the street in Baltimore. I've seen black, white, & Asian women handcuffed & hauled off for mouthing off &/or making sudden moves with no warnings given. I'm well aware that it happens more often to black males.

What part of Ferrell charging at the cops, as seen in the video, was a good idea? I have every right & reason to say that I believe that if I did that I would also have been shot & my sister would say that it was my own damned fault.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:56 PM

11,717 posts, read 9,341,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Wrong. I was stopped more than once & never with a concrete valid excuse. I've been stopped in cars & on foot, including the Broad St Concourse & on the street in Baltimore. I've seen black, white, & Asian women handcuffed & hauled off for mouthing off &/or making sudden moves with no warnings given. I'm well aware that it happens more often to black males.

What part of Ferrell charging at the cops, as seen in the video, was a good idea? I have every right & reason to say that I believe that if I did that I would also have been shot & my sister would say that it was my own damned fault.
okay

Old 08-14-2015, 02:30 PM

44,341 posts, read 17,707,490 times
The officer's testimony. As far as I know, this is the first time his story has been made public. IMO, Rodney Monroe threw him under the bus. I see why it took two grand juries to even say a trial was necessary.

'I thought I was going to die': North Carolina cop breaks down in court as he describes how he was forced to shoot at unarmed black man 12 TIMES after the suspect charged at him and tried to grab his gun | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-14-2015, 02:52 PM

we keep repeating that the victim tried to take the cops gun.

Can anyone explain why a young man, employed, engaged, college student, no record of trouble with the law would charge the police and attempt to take a police officer's gun??

Old 08-14-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
we keep repeating that the victim tried to take the cops gun.

Can anyone explain why a young man, employed, engaged, college student, no record of trouble with the law would charge the police and attempt to take a police officer's gun??
Great question. The problem with your implication is that the first part definitely did happen, so it's certainly within the realm of possibility that the second part did too.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:20 PM

I don't understand what you think my implication is??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Great question. The problem with your implication is that the first part definitely did happen, so it's certainly within the realm of possibility that the second part did too.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:25 PM

That he did not try to take his gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or