Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 05:27 PM

53 posts, read 97,188 times

Advertisements

I am currently looking for a new apartment as my lease is up at the end of october. As I have been searching online I have seen a few apartments that are managed by southwood realty and was wondering if anyone knows anything about their apartment complexes and what income requirements they might have. I might contact them eventually but I thought I would just see if anyone had any experience with them. I realize that most apartment complexes want applicants to have an income of 3x the rent and my income is less that but I do have a go amount of money in my savings account from an insurance claim settlement. I am looking for a one bedroom apartment for less than $700 a month. If the rent was $700 the money that I have in savings would be enough to cover over two years worth of rent . I have look at some of the properties of lerner apartments and may go with one of them if I have to as they seem to be willing to consider assests/savings along with income, I just wonder if there are othe apartments that do that to and I know i could try contact them and I have contacted some via email but they do not always respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 12:05 PM

53 posts, read 97,188 times
I am still looking for an apartment and was wondering if anyone knows anything about eagle's walk apartments. I would also like to know if anyone knows of any decent apartments in the south charlotte pineville area that are under $700 a month

Old 09-07-2015, 06:32 PM

137 posts, read 385,928 times
Well,

I've been here for about 4.5 years. Moved from NYC/NJ area. I have lived in South Charlotte since 2012 and have rented in different communities in South Clt about 3 times.

So, I will tell you that Southwood Realty is a YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY for type of deal. I'm not going to talk you out of it, but I think for the time being until your finances improve on Rent, you can make it happen.
If you went through Southwood, they have 3 complexes on the South side:
Pinetree (off of South Blvd/Sharon Lakes), Arborgate (off of E. Arrowood/Natons Ford), and lake Mist (off of Old Pineville/Archdale). They have unts within your price range and I think you'd be better fit to go to each complex and look around to get a feel if that is the type of place you'd like to rent/give your money to.

The south side, unfortunately does not cater well to rent under $700.00 in terms of unit amenities, stacked unit, etc. That's more of an East/West side type of thing.

There also is the Sharon Lakes Condos: Kinley Properties Inc. which I lived in. Not bad for the price at the time $485.00 1BR (2012)-Unemployment. Prolly going for $650 now. Rent has since skyrocketed all over Charlotte since 2012.

Also there is: Sharon Ridge Apartments (right across the street): North44 Property Management - SharonRidge Apartments - I'd give them a shot as well.

A little more up the road, you have: The Villages Apartments: Charlotte Apartments, Apartments in Charlotte NC, Uptown Charlotte Apartments, Apartments - The Villages

And also, right next door: : Park Lane Apartments 1610 Waybridge Lane Charlotte NC, 28210 PHONE: 704-643-6979 FAX: 704-554-1619

All of these complexes are within walking distance of the light rail. And they all have 1BR's between $650 and $750. I only gave you this area of the south side, because it's about what the range you're looking for will accommodate. Also, they are the better places to live compared to others on the southside.

I think you can definitely find something decent with the latter 3 immediately. Call them and go check some things out and let us know how it went and when you're moving in . Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte