U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,215 times

Advertisements

Hi ,

I have recently moved from NY to Charlotte,in search of home in Ballantyne area. Already saw couple of houses but little confused about the community. I liked Providence Pointe, but seems lot of houses from that community are in the market now. Is it any specific reason for that? Anyone know how is Providence Pointe community? Hows the nearby schools? I have two sons , One is going to be in 4th and another one is 4 years. I have no friends here to get to know about the place. I am reply on this site.

Thanks,
Ana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:31 AM

64 posts, read 70,983 times
Hi Ana, Providence Pointe was developed and built by Shea homes from 2003 to 2007. They build a decent home for the money. Definitely better than most production builders. As for the number of homes on the market, that is based on the size of the neighborhood and I do not think 8 active homes is a lot. There has been 14 homes that have closed in the last 6 months and 4 are currently under contract, so I would say that it is a very healthy neighborhood.
I do not know much about the schools but I am sure you will get a lot of info from the current homeowners if you stop by playground or pool. This would also give you an idea of the number of children in the neighborhood.

Hope this helps!!

Old 08-17-2015, 07:17 PM

185 posts, read 223,227 times
If it's the neighborhood I'm thinking of (off Lancaster Hwy) then it's zoned for Ballantyne elementary, just down Lancaster. That's a great elementary school! I like that neighborhood for a more moderate priced home int he Ballantyne area. A good choice. I think the Middle is Community House and the High is Ardrey Kell, also all great. Double check those assignments though

Old 08-18-2015, 07:28 AM

416 posts, read 807,582 times
I would agree on it being a great neighborhood. Very large, lots of families (kids), linked to great schools (Ballantyne Elementary, Community House Middle, Audrey Kell HS). 8 active listings is probably low for a community of its size. I know someone that listed their place in PP on Zillow's "Make Me Move" option and they were out of there without ever listing (sold over a weekend).

The only downside of it (and this is true of most of Ballantyne...I live across the street from PP) is all the new apartment construction. Lancaster Hwy running from PP to Johnston used to be just homes with large lots. Now there is an apartment community next to it and Elevation Church is going in. Will generate more traffic and crowd the school. But again, this is happening all over Ballantyne due to officials who have not seen a zoning permit they wouldn't rubber stamp despite the costs to the community.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:37 AM

797 posts, read 2,976,148 times
There is a ton of traffic over there with way more to come with all the apt's etc. People are starting to steer clear of that area where Providence Pointe are.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:04 AM

416 posts, read 807,582 times
Every square inch of Ballantyne is being developed so if traffic is a concern, there aren't many places within Ballantyne to live.

Traffic can get bad on Lancaster in the morning (rush hour) but I haven't noticed it being a problem other times of day.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:13 AM

286 posts, read 602,760 times
I agree with Gumbo, I live in the area. Rush hour can get pretty busy on Lancaster/Johnston Rd up through to 485 exit. Also in the evening Rea Rd and Ardrey Kell can get pretty congested, slow moving traffic. Aside from that during the day traffic is fine and on the weekends it's not that bad either. Now next year, when the two apartment complexes are complete along with Elevation - that section of Lancaster/Johnston will be pretty darn busy. Coming out of that shopping center at the point they need a left turning arrow at that traffic light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte