U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 09:25 PM

631 posts, read 736,101 times

Advertisements

Good timing. I just saw the Going Clear movie about the Scientology cult. I think Furtik has been using it as an instruction manual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 11:57 PM

18,586 posts, read 23,117,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empower77 View Post
I got an email about this last week. The website is Elevation Church - Seven Day Seminary | Seven Day Seminary - Elevation Church
It is through elevation church. Here is some information I got off the website:

Why would I do this instead of seminary?
You wouldn’t. They are very different experiences. Seminary is exactly what you need to do if you intend to be a theological thought leader or write a book on Biblical Ethics. Seminary is a valuable experience and many of our pastors and staff, including Pastor Steven, have Seminary degrees.

In Seven-Day Seminary we intend to present the practical side of doing ministry from within a church context. If you’re passionate about the way we do ministry and you’re eager to get started working in a church, we’re excited about showing you some of the main things we’ve learned along the way.

We’ll also be connecting you with the best practices from our friends in ministry who are doing great work to build the Church.

We believe there is a place for a seminary education, but if you’re ready to jump into ministry now, Seven-Day Seminary is a great place to get practical training.

How much does it cost?
The fee for the seven-day experience is $2500. This includes custom content and multiple sessions with Pastor Steven and our best leaders for the week. This does not include travel or accommodation expenses. You must provide your own travel and accommodations while you’re here.

What do you all think about this?
When I first went to the website I was interested and excited since I feel called into ministry. Since I live in charlotte anyway there would not be any travel expenses and I have the money to pay for it. I then started wondering about the motivation of them doing this. I was wondering if they were trying to expand the elevation brand and are using this to recruit new leaders for their church so they can setup more locations throughout the country. It also looks like everyone who applies will not be accepted so I wonder how they will decide who to accept.

I like Elevation Church. However, I would not do this. It is basically an internship.

If you want to be a minister, I'd choose another way to do this.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:00 AM

18,586 posts, read 23,117,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulok View Post
Does Elevation Church even purport to be a Christian church?
Yes they do. I *think* they are affiliated with the Assemblies of God.

This pastor spoke at my former church in Ohio.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:36 AM

416 posts, read 808,753 times
I'll save you $2500.

First Step: Recruit wealthy people to your Church. In order to do this, you need to change Biblical principles so wealthy people don't feel any guilt about how they spend their money. So tell them God blessed them with it and wants them to spend it on themselves so long as they tythe 10% to Elevation.

Second Step: Skinny Jeans

Third Step: Techno Music. Loud Techno Music.

Fourth Step: Create a brand around it. Cute Orange Symbol. T-Shirts. VIP experience. Make members feel like they are part of something exclusive.

Fifth Step: Create a Code. In the Code, reference that the Church is based on a vision God gave specifically to you. Require your members to defend the vision in the Code. How can they question a vision from God?

Sixth Step: Convince members the media is against your Church. Especially those pesky investigators who find out you're building a McMansion (gated) under an alias corporation name to hide it from your members.

Seventh Step: Have no interaction with your congregation (unless they pay $2500 to meet you).

Eight Step: Never release your salary. Never release how many books you've sold to your Church.

Ninth Step: Make your staff and volunteers sign an extremely restrictive and punishing confidentiality agreement. The truth must not get out.

Tenth Step: Profit.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,777,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
i'll save you $2500.

First step: Recruit wealthy people to your church. In order to do this, you need to change biblical principles so wealthy people don't feel any guilt about how they spend their money. So tell them god blessed them with it and wants them to spend it on themselves so long as they tythe 10% to elevation.

Second step: Skinny jeans

third step: Techno music. Loud techno music.

Fourth step: Create a brand around it. Cute orange symbol. T-shirts. Vip experience. Make members feel like they are part of something exclusive.

Fifth step: Create a code. In the code, reference that the church is based on a vision god gave specifically to you. Require your members to defend the vision in the code. How can they question a vision from god?

Sixth step: Convince members the media is against your church. Especially those pesky investigators who find out you're building a mcmansion (gated) under an alias corporation name to hide it from your members.

Seventh step: Have no interaction with your congregation (unless they pay $2500 to meet you).

Eight step: Never release your salary. Never release how many books you've sold to your church.

Ninth step: Make your staff and volunteers sign an extremely restrictive and punishing confidentiality agreement. The truth must not get out.

Tenth step: Profit.
+1,000,000

Old 08-19-2015, 09:05 AM

156 posts, read 145,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
I'll save you $2500.

First Step: Recruit wealthy people to your Church. In order to do this, you need to change Biblical principles so wealthy people don't feel any guilt about how they spend their money. So tell them God blessed them with it and wants them to spend it on themselves so long as they tythe 10% to Elevation.

Fourth Step: Create a brand around it. Cute Orange Symbol. T-Shirts. VIP experience. Make members feel like they are part of something exclusive.

Fifth Step: Create a Code. In the Code, reference that the Church is based on a vision God gave specifically to you. Require your members to defend the vision in the Code. How can they question a vision from God?

Sixth Step: Convince members the media is against your Church. Especially those pesky investigators who find out you're building a McMansion (gated) under an alias corporation name to hide it from your members.

Seventh Step: Have no interaction with your congregation (unless they pay $2500 to meet you).

Eight Step: Never release your salary. Never release how many books you've sold to your Church.

Ninth Step: Make your staff and volunteers sign an extremely restrictive and punishing confidentiality agreement. The truth must not get out.

Nailed it.

Not only that, but I occasionally see this guy as I'm flipping through the channels on tv. His method of preaching is so abrasive that it is actually painful to watch and listen to, without even paying attention to what he's saying.

Amazes me so many people are into this.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:01 AM

367 posts, read 557,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
second step: Skinny jeans

third step: Techno music. Loud techno music.

Fourth step: Create a brand around it. Cute orange symbol. T-shirts. Vip experience. Make members feel like they are part of something exclusive.
👍 😂 🙌

Old 08-19-2015, 11:00 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,263,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
I'll save you $2500.

Gumbo How are you going to forget the coloring book? Seriously make it 12 steps. lol

Old 08-19-2015, 01:29 PM

49 posts, read 71,904 times
Seriously I do not know what Pastor Steve did to you people. I have not been to the church a lot of times. I think I have heard him preach about 3 times the last time was when he was a guest speaker at another church and there were probably less than a 1,000 people in attendance. I am just curious how much you think a pastor's salary should be and if it should be based on how much money comes into the church. It seems like a lot of people have a serious problem with how much money Pastor Steve makes. THe way i look at it is Elevation probably brings in $20 million dollars or more a year and lets say the pastors salary is 10% of that, which would be $2 million dollars which is a lot of money to most people but when you look at the total amount of money that comes into the church it is not that much. This goes back to the question I asked earlier about whether or not you all think a pastor should be paid a percentage of the total amount of money the church takes in. For those who do not like his preaching style could post a video clip of a pastor who preaches the correct way so I can see the type of preaching you think is correct.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:04 PM

981 posts, read 1,187,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empower77 View Post
Seriously I do not know what Pastor Steve did to you people. I have not been to the church a lot of times. I think I have heard him preach about 3 times the last time was when he was a guest speaker at another church and there were probably less than a 1,000 people in attendance. I am just curious how much you think a pastor's salary should be and if it should be based on how much money comes into the church. It seems like a lot of people have a serious problem with how much money Pastor Steve makes. THe way i look at it is Elevation probably brings in $20 million dollars or more a year and lets say the pastors salary is 10% of that, which would be $2 million dollars which is a lot of money to most people but when you look at the total amount of money that comes into the church it is not that much. This goes back to the question I asked earlier about whether or not you all think a pastor should be paid a percentage of the total amount of money the church takes in. For those who do not like his preaching style could post a video clip of a pastor who preaches the correct way so I can see the type of preaching you think is correct.
But the way he makes it. Having the church foot the bill to produce books then selling those books back to the church and pocketing the money. The building a house under a dummy corp because pastors and men of faith are supposed to live humbly. The teaming up with other mega church pastors and them having each other speak at the churches paying each other to speak. This is why the quote still stands of if you want to become rich start a church/relegion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or