Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 05:37 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
big big difference between the eagles, and the Carolina Panthers. Comparing apples to oranges. I would doubt the team would move. Our local leaders are more than happy to bend over backwards to support professional teams, so I'm pretty sure a new stadium will be built. That's what it will take to keep the panthers when Mr Richardson passes, and for this argument of a Superbowl. Charlotte would need a new Stadium. THey would never host it it at BOA stadium.
No, not a big, big difference. It just depends on who buys it & various other circumstances. I simply gave an example of a team being bought by someone across the country but the team didn't move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
What do you think?
I DONT THINK CHARLOTTE WILL GET A SUPERBOWL ANYTIME SOON THERE ARE OTHER PLACES TO GO INSTEAD OF CHARLOTTE!!

Old 09-12-2015, 06:06 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,319,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.oxford View Post
I DONT THINK CHARLOTTE WILL GET A SUPERBOWL ANYTIME SOON THERE ARE OTHER PLACES TO GO INSTEAD OF CHARLOTTE!!
This thread made you this upset? Tragic.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:24 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The Panthers arent moving... they generate too much revenue.
And they couldn't generate more elsewhere?

Old 09-12-2015, 08:11 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
I think it would be a huge gamble. As of now, Los Angeles is the largest market without an NFL team but that seems very likely to change soon. The only other markets I could possibly see the Panthers generating more revenue are Orlando and Las Vegas; Orlando's disadvantage here is in-state competition with three other NFL teams. As a bi-state market, Charlotte has more of an advantage compared to those two.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:16 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
pretty sure half the NFL could generate more if they moved... but they don't move because its a huge gamble and there are only 1 or 2 cities ready for an NFL team.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:17 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I think it would be a huge gamble. As of now, Los Angeles is the largest market without an NFL team but that seems very likely to change soon. The only other markets I could possibly see the Panthers generating more revenue are Orlando and Las Vegas; Orlando's disadvantage here is in-state competition with three other NFL teams. As a bi-state market, Charlotte has more of an advantage compared to those two.
Orlando? Aren't the other 3 teams in FL all struggling to selll tickets?

Vegas? nope, not happening. Besides LA I don't see any other market getting an NFL team anytime soon.

not sure why LA is in the discussion, they couldn't keep the rams or the raiders.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:58 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Orlando? Aren't the other 3 teams in FL all struggling to selll tickets?

Vegas? nope, not happening. Besides LA I don't see any other market getting an NFL team anytime soon.

not sure why LA is in the discussion, they couldn't keep the rams or the raiders.
LA is about to get 2 teams. Backfilling a team to one of those cities would be a no-brainer under the right conditions.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:27 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
The Panthers arent moving... they generate too much revenue.

Stop being dramatic
Really. If the Chargers and St louis can move, then the panthers can move. As I stated I doubt it will happen. given the way our local leaders bend over backwards for sports teams, but the point the point remains that the panthers need a new stadium to stay long term, and To even think about being in a superbowl conversation.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:30 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
No, not a big, big difference. It just depends on who buys it & various other circumstances. I simply gave an example of a team being bought by someone across the country but the team didn't move.
Stop. You have one of the most established teams in the league Vs the panthers with a very soft fan base. It's nowhere near the same thing. An owner would be crazy to move a team from Philly. Carolina not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte