U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 09:22 PM

5 posts, read 4,622 times

Advertisements

My husband will be relocating to the Charlotte area in the early spring.

Were looking for a full brick home.
3-4 bedrooms
>2800 square feet
2 story
$425,000 budget
small lot-no more than .5 acres

We do not have school aged children.

Any recommendations of neighborhoods in South Charlotte or Waxhaw area that may mee tour needs would be greatly appreciated.

I have read so may post and am overwhelmed. I thought it would be helpful for me to start a thread with my needs and hopefully will get some helpful posts.

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 09:00 AM

631 posts, read 736,736 times
Will a work commute be a factor? If so, where to? There's a big distance between the northern part of South Charlotte and the SE parts of Waxhaw.

There's a lot in that price range, so perhaps work location can narrow down the list.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:23 PM

Commute is not a big issue, but we don't want to be too far from downtown Charlotte. We are interested in South Charlotte, Weddington and North Waxhaw area.
Mainly would like a list of subdivisions with full brick homes in our price range before we visit in the next month.
Small lot-not more than .5 acre.

Any advice would be appreciated!! This is overwhelming!!!

Old 09-14-2015, 04:12 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,223,122 times
What about the age of the home? That will eliminate a lot right there alone.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:49 PM

Would prefer not looking at new construction. Built our previous 2 homes.
Up to 15 year old homes, with some updates. No major renovations needed.

Would like community pool and larger neighborhood, but not necessary.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:03 AM

423 posts, read 662,356 times
Not sure about full brick, but check out Hunter Oaks and Somerset in northern Waxhaw.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:21 AM

6,032 posts, read 7,540,456 times
North Waxhaw will be quite a drive to downtown Charlotte. Are you wanting to be centrally located to be able to use any local amenities/shopping? If so, stick with South Charlotte.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:46 AM

343 posts, read 486,858 times
Hunter Oaks and Somerset are good options. The drive to uptown isn't bad. It all depends on what time you leave during rush hour. The good thing about the Hunter Oaks area is that you have 5 or more decent options for getting into town (including light rail). On the weekends, you have an easy ride into uptown. You are also minutes from Blakeney (<5 mins)/Ballantyne(<10 mins)/Stonecrest (<10 mins) and the soon to be Waverly at Ardrey Kell and Providence. You are 15 minutes from Carolina Place Mall or 20 to South Park Mall.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:44 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,386,830 times
You're spending plenty to find what you want much closer to town than the Waxhaw/Weddington area. Nothing wrong with the neighborhoods mentioned, but you can reduce the commute and still meet your criteria looking closer in.

Olde Providence may fit your bill. If you can be flexible on your square footage you can get even closer. Quail View off Carmel road has some nice brick homes around your price range. If you're coming for a visit, I recommend typing your criteria into Zillow or another home search site, using the keyword "brick", then compiling a list of 5-10 houses and driving through the neighborhoods to see them and get a feel. It should take about a day, but after doing that you'll have a much better feel. It's really hard to know exactly what feel you're looking for and nothing beats first person research.

If you're specifically interested in being near Waxhaw/Weddington then nevermind, but if you're trying to be closer to town I would recommend something closer within 485. The traffic on Providence, Park and Randolph is going to get worse, not better, over the next few years and I think you will thank yourself later if you prioritize proximity to downtown if that's going to be a regular trip. If it's not - disregard!

Good luck!

Old 09-15-2015, 01:15 PM

149 posts, read 147,443 times
Try Park Crossing. Cameron Woods might have a few full brick, too. Great South Charlotte locations, with pool/tennis. I agree with the above poster about not needing to be that far out, but it depends on how attached you are to a home under 15 years. You should be able to find plenty of older ones in your price range, though, that are maintained and updated.

Last edited by 28226; 09-15-2015 at 01:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or