Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 03:43 PM

4 posts, read 6,824 times

Advertisements

I am currently looking to buy a home in NC and saw some homes in Ballantyne & Harrisburg. There are few homes in Ardrey Crest in Ballantyne that are good. But the new homes at Harrisburg are very attractive in the price range of 300-400K. Please provide some inputs on these neighborhoods in terms of growth/improvements , appreciation of the home value & future developments. Also, will ardrey crest continue to be part of Ballantyne? I see a lot of homes on sale in Providence Pointe & Ardrey Crest currently. Any reasons?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 08:41 PM

545 posts, read 590,802 times
If public schools are a important (if kids are in the mix) then I would definitely lean towards Harrisburg. Quicker access to dining and entertainment would be Ballantyne.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,824 times
School district is the most important for us. Ratings for Ballantyne schools are better than Harrisburg. However wouldn't the Harrisburg school district improve over time, based on the future developments of the area? Top rated schools at 28277 is the only factor holding us back from buying the home at Harrisburg. Any thoughts?

Old 09-15-2015, 06:35 AM

545 posts, read 590,802 times
I do not have kids in the school system, but I have many friends and relatives who do here in Cabarrus County and they rave about the system. The schools in the southern part of the district which includes Harrisburg are among the best in the system. I know that Mecklenburg schools in which covers the entire county including the Ballantyne section seems to be in turmoil all the time. I can not however, comment on individual schools in the district. The Ballantyne section does encompass some of the district's more affluent areas.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:39 AM

343 posts, read 597,473 times
In Mecklenburg:

Ardrey Kell and Providence in the Ballantyne/South Charlotte area

In Western Union County:

Marvin Ridge encompasses the part of the county that bumps up to Mecklenburg Co. I believe it was also the highest rated high school in the Charlotte Metro.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:35 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,116,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancenc View Post
If public schools are a important (if kids are in the mix) then I would definitely lean towards Harrisburg. Quicker access to dining and entertainment would be Ballantyne.
It is the opposite, public schools are much better in Ballantyne and even better in Union County.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,396 times
Yeah, if schools are any consideration, I would do Ballantyne. Ardrey Crest is a great neighborhood. I'm biased, as I live in Ballantyne, but the area has so much going on compared to North Charlotte that I really wouldn't consider moving up there unless you worked in the area

Old 09-16-2015, 07:04 AM

8 posts, read 10,869 times
- Schools are great in Ballantyne or union county BUT properties are pricey
- Lots of kids activities surrounding Ballantyne area
- If your main criteria is great schools, Ballantyne or Parts of union county is a way to go.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:47 AM

343 posts, read 597,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Desi View Post
- Schools are great in Ballantyne or union county BUT properties are pricey
- Lots of kids activities surrounding Ballantyne area
- If your main criteria is great schools, Ballantyne or Parts of union county is a way to go.
You are right with everything you said. They can find something within that budget no problem though.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:15 AM

9 posts, read 17,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteBorn84 View Post
Yeah, if schools are any consideration, I would do Ballantyne. Ardrey Crest is a great neighborhood. I'm biased, as I live in Ballantyne, but the area has so much going on compared to North Charlotte that I really wouldn't consider moving up there unless you worked in the area
Harrisburg is not "North Charlotte."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte