Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 11:53 AM

371 posts, read 1,101,613 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone out there in the real estate business that would know if there is even any builders that might want to buy the land Beazer owns? Phase 2 of Monteith Place already has paved streets and utilities.....just no houses . Thanks!

Thanks for all of the help. We're really freaking out. I know we're pretty much screwed no matter what, we're just trying to figure out the best thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 12:02 PM

175 posts, read 188,298 times
Why do you think you're screwed? Why are you freaking out? A short time ago you thought it was a good idea. This too shall pass. Just sit tight. It will be fine.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:21 PM

I don't think anyone think's this is a good idea. We're freaking out because we're sitting in a year old house with empty lots across the street on one side and an empty pond on the other side. If Beazer keeps their word (great track record there), we have a slim chance at being fine. But if a "comparable" builder is not found for 2 empty phases, I'm left with a house that might as well be spitting money out of the windows. I think it boils down to not wanting to lose the equity in the house. We all know the market is slow, but losing 20-30% of your equity, if not more, is scary.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:37 PM

175 posts, read 188,298 times
If you've only been there for a year, it's really not time to be thinking about equity, even in a strong economy. I'm not trying to gloss over your predicament, but take a look down the road. 5 years from now things will look so different, you won't even remember this. And I'm a pessimist!

Old 01-31-2008, 12:43 PM

I guess we'll just see what happens. I guess our biggest fear is that they build entry-level or poorer quality houses across the street......neither of which currently defines the neighborhood. I was wondering if anyone with industry knowledge knew of any "inside" information or what has happened in the Lake Norman area in the past when this has happened-are there any trends.

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:28 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,060 times
Before in the Lake Norman area were cows and corn. As stated above it should be ok. some builders are cutting back not just Beazer. The homes would have to meet the Towns design for the neighborhood so I imagine someone within the same range would come in place.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 AM

85 posts, read 428,241 times
Good Morning Everyone,
Let’s take a deep breath and start the day positively.
I want to suggest that we don’t let our emotions get away from us as we are speaking to friends, non-residents, especially the internet forums and news media about the situation with Beazer and the conditions in their communities. I’m not saying to say nothing but only to think clearly and consider our choice of words before we respond to questions from others or posting comments.
IMO, the heavy amount of negativity that has been aired in the news media has caused a lot of collateral damage to all Beazer communities and current residents.
We have lived in Monteith Place over 3 years and are not planning to move. Yes, we look forward to the day when pond is filled with water. But for now it is still a part of the construction work that is ongoing with Phases 2 and 3 to help catch the silt runoff.
Also, the current drought period has not helped the appearance of the pond and surrounding park area.
We can’t undo what has happened to Beazer but we can plan for our future.
Have a great day.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:44 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehinnc View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
Let’s take a deep breath and start the day positively.
I want to suggest that we don’t let our emotions get away from us as we are speaking to friends, non-residents, especially the internet forums and news media about the situation with Beazer and the conditions in their communities. I’m not saying to say nothing but only to think clearly and consider our choice of words before we respond to questions from others or posting comments.
IMO, the heavy amount of negativity that has been aired in the news media has caused a lot of collateral damage to all Beazer communities and current residents.
We have lived in Monteith Place over 3 years and are not planning to move. Yes, we look forward to the day when pond is filled with water. But for now it is still a part of the construction work that is ongoing with Phases 2 and 3 to help catch the silt runoff.
Also, the current drought period has not helped the appearance of the pond and surrounding park area.
We can’t undo what has happened to Beazer but we can plan for our future.
Have a great day.
Its not letting your "emotions" getting away from you. People in that neighborhood and Beazer residents are naturally concerned (rightfully so) about the possibilities good and bad regarding what's going to happen in the future.

The damage was created and started from Beazer. Don't you remember their surveys where they paid homeowners $100 to give a positive rating?

I understand you want to supress the bad news, because you live their and have a vested interest to keep the subdivision afloat, but as John Fox says, it is what it is. Everyone wants to blame the "media" for the problems alot of times that were created from within. Part of the problem was people who bought into a shaky community from a less then reputible builder. When you buy in an unfinished development, Chapter 11 is not out of the question for any builer. That's the chance you take when you buy in these type of places. Caveat Emptor.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:14 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
Whoever the clown was that hit me for a rep point for starting this thread and made the comment that I "continue to advertise even though its against policy" is a coward and clearly doesn't read the majority of my posts.

I provide specific and factual information and try do to so each time. This was a thread intended to inform people and make everyone aware of whats going on.

I don't need this website for my business. I do very well on my own and enjoy the conversation here.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:41 AM

It looks like we have several Monteith Place owners on this board (me included). Should we all try to get together to discuss......or see what our options are? It might be a good idea to see what is in our control for those that want to make this work. I'd really like to know what role the owners and the Town of Huntersville will take in the land sale of phase 2 and 3. I'd also like to know when they plan to start working on the unfinished houses again. It's been awhile since I've seen any workers. This neighborhood is not "entry-level" (in my opinion) and has great potential. It was impossible for anyone to predict 3 years ago that this would happen with Beazer. It could just have easily been any builder/financer....Beazer just got caught. Not that that makes it right, that's just how finance is.....and that's coming from someone in the credit industry (luckily one that didn't deal with sub-prime).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte