Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 12:31 PM

105 posts, read 117,084 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z-NZsfFIjA

.....No thank you Keep that away from Charlotte. Charlotte don't need Them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 12:39 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,375,458 times
???? What does this have to do with Charlotte? Who is "them"? Whats the point of this?

Old 09-28-2015, 01:10 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,066,108 times
This thread represents a lot of what I don't like about city data.

I don't understand what the point of this is.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:09 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,442,895 times
Shenanigans

Old 09-28-2015, 02:14 PM

about as much as that Walmart Fight. People on that thread associated "uncivilized behavior" with being black. Which Fighting is a perfectly normal and civilized behavior. Civilized Countries and people have been fighting since the dawn of time. But somehow its a problem when poor minorities do it. anyway........ there were comments on that thread that were totally racist and not ok.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:20 PM

23,810 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z-NZsfFIjA

.....No thank you Keep that away from Charlotte. Charlotte don't need Them.
Definition of GENTRIFICATION

: the process of renewal and rebuilding accompanying the influx of middle-class or affluent people into deteriorating areas that often displaces poorer residents

Gentrification | Definition of gentrification by Merriam-Webster

Old 09-28-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
This thread represents a lot of what I don't like about city data.

I don't understand what the point of this is.
well i Just did it to troll basically. It was in response to the other thread which was obviously posted to start some type of race debate. but at least i cant say that you are a person of low moral standing. When i saw that other post i was like WTF??? did someone actually just post that.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Definition of GENTRIFICATION

: the process of renewal and rebuilding accompanying the influx of middle-class or affluent people into deteriorating areas that often displaces poorer residents

Gentrification | Definition of gentrification by Merriam-Webster
yess, i know what Gentrification is. and the uncouth customer in this video looked to be from a affluent middle class family. Are you insinuating that only poor people act unruly?

Old 09-28-2015, 02:49 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,375,458 times
Quote:
about as much as that Walmart Fight. People on that thread associated "uncivilized behavior" with being black. Which Fighting is a perfectly normal and civilized behavior. Civilized Countries and people have been fighting since the dawn of time. But somehow its a problem when poor minorities do it. anyway........ there were comments on that thread that were totally racist and not ok.
So what? There are racists in the world. Is that a surprise to you?

Having a physical altercation in a public place like that is not "perfectly normal and civilized behavior". Its wrong regardless of the gender, age, race or creed of those involved.

You need to:

A. Develop a thicker skin.
B. Quit playing the "2 wrongs make a right" card.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:37 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,066,108 times
Quote:
well i Just did it to troll basically. It was in response to the other thread which was obviously posted to start some type of race debate. but at least i cant say that you are a person of low moral standing. When i saw that other post i was like WTF??? did someone actually just post that.

Don't let ignorant, hateful people get you down. Unfortunately, message boards seem to attract bigots since hateful messages or subtle racism can be shared anonymously on them with little public recourse. Don't let their existence make you bitter. Even in a crowd of strangers many posters wouldn't share their opinions the same way. In a way, it's also a good thing to give them a platform to share their views. I know it seems illogical, but I think having them share, then learn just how far from the truth the intolerance is, is actually a chance to educate. It's also a basic right of our country, and the reason those jerks from Westboro baptist church can protest near funerals their hate speech. Sure, you're not going to inform everyone and not everyone wants to learn, but if a conversation has time to get to the truth, the bigot will always be proven wrong. Most hate groups are really really really small in America. While CNN and other outlets may interview some of the most extreme people for a story (to get more clicks/money/interest), these people are pretty much social outcasts. Fortunately, most people just aren't as hateful.

All polling and basic observations show us that the United States is actually becoming more tolerant and educated (these are very related IMO). If you just watch the local news, or just read message boards like these you would think we are on the cusp of race/class warfare, when in reality, public sentiment is actually trending in a more accepting/tolerant way. We are one of the most accepting, progressive countries in the world and this is something to be very proud of.

The United States Is Getting More Tolerant Of Everyone (Except Racists) | ThinkProgress

The intent of your post, while understandable now that you've explained it, is no better than the original race baiting one from another poster. Gandhi used to say "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." I think you'd be better off educating hateful people or refuting them with facts vs. playing their same spin game. The fear that floods many of these posters hearts fuels them to focus on difference and division when, in reality, we're all likely very similar people with very similar core values.

I like this saying from Mother Teresa's home. I'm not Catholic, but it seems very applicable to message board behavior - and life for that matter:

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

I'm not perfect but I've found that by reading this quote in tough times that I typically make a better decision than I would if I didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte