Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 07:13 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,440 times

Advertisements

If you live in Steele Creek (or are thinking about living here), come join us at the annual meeting of the Steele Creek Residents Association. It'll be on
Thursday, February 21 at 7:00 PM at Southwest Middle School (at 13624 Steele Creek Road, behind the library).

This year we have another great mix of speakers:

Timothy Gibbs and Andy Grzymski of the Charlotte Department of Transportation will talk about traffic woes and future road plans.

Captain John Williams, Steele Creek Division Commander of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, will address crime in Steele Creek.

Guy Chamberlain, Associate Superintendent for Auxiliary Services at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, will give an update on plans for new schools and renovations at Olympic High School. The bonds passed! Now's the time to find out what's going to happen with the money.

The Steele Creek community covers about 47 square miles in the southwestern corner of Mecklenburg County, It's the area south of the airport and west of I-77.

The Steele Creek Residents Association was organized in 1980 and has continued to monitor rezoning and other development plans in Steele Creek to make sure it's compatible with sound development. Its Community Trail Committee promotes the development of trails in Steele Creek.

For more information about the meeting and the Steele Creek Residents Association, please visit our web site: Steele Creek Residents Association.

The Steele Creek Residents Association continues to make a difference in Steele Creek. We hope area residents will attend this meeting to learn more about their community and find out some of the opportunities for community involvement that are available to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 10:56 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
For all you folks that live in certain parts of Steele Creek that are concerned about crime....I'm wondering if you will be attending the Steele Creek Residents Assocation meeting that NCDave so graciously invited you all to (I sure how so).

Steele Creek Residents Association meets Feb 21

.....and for what its worth....I know of some wonderful areas in Steele Creek that many of you new to the area (and some not so new) are probably not even aware of...course there might not be as many brand spanking new homes there, and you may actually meet a native or two....but I guess thats what happens when folks use a broad brush stroke to color a whole area as bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: