Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 07:30 PM

497 posts, read 1,693,788 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

I'm a 27 year old young professional female living north of Boston and like many northerners I've seen on this thread, I'm looking to move to Charlotte sometime in 2016. I've done my research and I'm leaning heavily towards living in the Elizabeth area. I currently work in human resources in the healthcare field and I figured Elizabeth would be a good place due to the location of hospitals and medical centers (definitely not moving without a job first). I was wondering what are some good apartment complexes in the Elizabeth neighborhood? I currently pay $860 (all utilities, cable and internet included which is very rare) a month for a studio north of Boston and I'm ready for a better quality of life. I would be looking to pay anywhere between $860-1300 a month for a 1 bed room (I just made up a broad range but I'm very flexible). If anyone could give me some tips on apartment complexes that would be great. Also, I love to hike and take long walks so any complexes that are near those types of activities as well as shopping and restaurants are a huge plus. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 03:59 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,380,419 times
I don't think there are are apartment complexes in Elizabeth. Most rentals will be small apartment ment buildings (one building with 4 or so units in it) or houses that have been converted to apartments. You might also want to look at the Southend area, lots of new midrise apartments there, but will be at the top of your budget.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:49 AM

743 posts, read 825,933 times
Plenty of apartments around Midtown that are close to Elizabeth. A large complex is close to opening across from the Target/Metropolitan shopping center but can't remember the name

Old 10-14-2015, 07:54 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
One that I remember in Elizabeth are Balmoral Courts.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:11 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
I know it's a studio, but $860 with utilities included seems like a pretty good deal in Boston. How is the apartment itself? You're likely going to be spending more than that in the areas of Charlotte you're looking for unless you have roommates, but you'll also likely get a nicer apartment. Plus it's probably going to be tough to match Boston salaries in Charlotte, so keep that in mind when talking "quality of life." Of course there are other elements to quality of life that are probably going into your decision to look into Charlotte...weather (although I'm sure jp03 will comment about the summer heat), less traffic, etc.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:49 AM

436 posts, read 446,234 times
Aren't those apartments on 7th Street going towards the old fire tower? There are tons there if so. And, it is a nice walk to Elizabeth's amenities. Even if they are condos, there will likely be units to sublet.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:02 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,380,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawaon View Post
Aren't those apartments on 7th Street going towards the old fire tower? There are tons there if so. And, it is a nice walk to Elizabeth's amenities. Even if they are condos, there will likely be units to sublet.
Yes, you're right...thats the Venue, at 7th and Cameron.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
Plenty of apartments around Midtown that are close to Elizabeth. A large complex is close to opening across from the Target/Metropolitan shopping center but can't remember the name
Great! I will check around the midtown area as well.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I know it's a studio, but $860 with utilities included seems like a pretty good deal in Boston. How is the apartment itself? You're likely going to be spending more than that in the areas of Charlotte you're looking for unless you have roommates, but you'll also likely get a nicer apartment. Plus it's probably going to be tough to match Boston salaries in Charlotte, so keep that in mind when talking "quality of life." Of course there are other elements to quality of life that are probably going into your decision to look into Charlotte...weather (although I'm sure jp03 will comment about the summer heat), less traffic, etc.
I actually got really lucky with my studio. It really is a great place. It's a huge space with plenty of room, beautiful hardwood floors, flat top stop, full kitchen with really nice yellow counter tops (bar style) and a private entrance and a nice private deck. It's also only 5 minutes away from the train station. So my current situation is definitely very rare. You are probably right about me spending more than that for a nice apartment in Charlotte in the areas I'm looking at. Salary is definitely a big concern of mine because I have a comfortable income. But I think the salaries for my field of work (Human Resources) may be comparable.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:27 PM

41 posts, read 50,085 times
Rideway 32 Apartments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte