Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,155 times

Advertisements

hello I'm a widowed mother of 2 boys 13, 5 sorta kinda new here to Charlotte from PG Maryland had a house fire last year over in Rivergate area well now I'm living over on Freedom Drive side (HATE IT) people have been telling me this side is terrible drugs prostitutes everything, now I'm starting to see this I even tried looking up demographics online nothing, you all no your people aren't the friendliest
Started dating this Man born and raised from Charlotte only to find his in the closet drug addictions ughhhh I'm planning on moving this isn't for me or my boys darn it CHARLOTTE What to do I really like this man do I try to offer help get him far away from Charlotte unsure please advise me please
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 03:13 PM

105 posts, read 115,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmaryland View Post
hello I'm a widowed mother of 2 boys 13, 5 sorta kinda new here to Charlotte from PG Maryland had a house fire last year over in Rivergate area well now I'm living over on Freedom Drive side (HATE IT) people have been telling me this side is terrible drugs prostitutes everything, now I'm starting to see this I even tried looking up demographics online nothing, you all no your people aren't the friendliest
Started dating this Man born and raised from Charlotte only to find his in the closet drug addictions ughhhh I'm planning on moving this isn't for me or my boys darn it CHARLOTTE What to do I really like this man do I try to offer help get him far away from Charlotte unsure please advise me please
Are you insinuating that Drugs are indicative to a certain group of people? well thats Closed minded and a bit Bigoted thinking. Drugs are everywhere. There are a problem in every race,they are in every neighborhood, And People of every Social and economic background abuse them. You are a real sad person. There is practically no place in America where drugs are not a problem.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:36 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,721,543 times
Charlotte isn't to blame for your boyfriend's drug problem and there's nothing you can do to help him with his habit. All you can do is tell him you will stay with him only if he goes to rehab or else you are done. You have two boys, it's about them now. Especially after losing their father.

Move out of there and concentrate on your self and the boys.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,851 times
Drop the guy. Move to a better area in Charlotte. Focus on raising your children.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:58 AM

15,361 posts, read 12,549,345 times
blaming Charlotte because you dated a drug user and didn't see the signs?

Old 10-20-2015, 12:22 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,915,971 times
Quote:
I do not claim to be punctuation or grammar expert, but jeez, that was painful to read.

Do you honestly think if you move far away from Charlotte, his drug problem will not follow him and your family? You have 2 boys, 13 and 5, a pivotal age which will determine if they become productive members of society or degenerates. Time to grow up, choose the well-being of your sons, ditch the drug addict and be a positive role model for your boys, before they get into gangs, jail or death. For yourself, take a remedial communication class, because if you talk anywhere close to how you write, it is holding you back.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:40 PM

398 posts, read 977,366 times
Stop dating the guy. Focus on your kids. Improve all of your lives and move to a better area of time. Invest in a keyboard that has the full stop/dot/period button.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:16 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,043,789 times
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your situation. It's not your fault and you have no reason to be ashamed.

There is a better man waiting for you somewhere. You are not a bad person for saving yourself and your children in this situation by leaving the drug addict. Drug addiction is awful. I would give him the references for support, then focus on saving any damage done to yourself or your kids by leaving him.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:37 PM

529 posts, read 1,193,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFatToFly View Post
Drop the guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
ditch the drug addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshinodalp View Post
Stop dating the guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
There is a better man waiting for you somewhere.
The path is obvious. You're inviting problems into your life by dating a drug addict. What else is he hiding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: