U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2008, 06:24 PM

20 posts, read 147,933 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

I've been browsing apts on apartments.com in the Ballentyne area, but it's pretty difficult to get a real idea of what they're like. Does anyone rent in this area? Which complexes do you recommend? I'm looking to relocate to CLT this spring and am not familiar with the city at all (save for the WT HArris area, where I checked out apts once).

Any and all input would be appreciated.

PS: I'm looking to keep rent <$1200/month if at all possible. Doesnt have to be the utmost in luxury, but I'd rather not live in a shady area. On that note, can someone outline the Ballentyne area in terms of streets/intersecions? At this point, Im not even really sure where ballentyne technically is. thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,229,486 times
Dead Center of Ballantyne would pretty much be the intersection of Hwy 521-Johnston Road and Ballantyne Commons Parkway.

Check out
Plantation Park
Post Ballantyne
Cheswyck
Camden
there is one other in the immediate area across from Camden that I cannot think of right now.

I lived in Plantation Park and Cheswyck a few years ago. In addition, I have many friends and clients who have previously or still do live in all of them. $1200 should get you into a larger unit. Some offer Garages as well and some are gated.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:56 PM

183 posts, read 511,884 times
Default pOST baLLANTYNE

I live in Post BAllantyne, and have a GREAT 2 bed/2 bath apt(1412 sq feet) that I got for $977 per month. Great area, great apt.
CRaig

Old 02-01-2008, 09:18 PM

533 posts, read 1,641,308 times
i've rented at the chesyck at ballantyne for a year and a half. my husband and i love it. we have a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom for $775. 2 pools, 3 tennis courts, 24 hour gym, and it's gated. as a younger female i feel safe here, especially walking to my building at night when i get home from class. easy access to everything we need. rental prices may have gone up since we first signed our lease, however, our rent did not go up one penny when we resigned. i should note though that just because a community is gated that it doesn't mean outsiders can't get in. here, people follow people in and sometimes hit the gates causing them to remain open for a day or two till they are repaired. also, last week i had my one and only scary incident since i moved here in which an suv followed me in and followed me around the complex---no matter which way i turned and i was made a bunch of pointless turns to be sure they were following me---they didn't stop till i took my cell phone out.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:14 PM

20 posts, read 147,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey3eb View Post
i've rented at the chesyck at ballantyne for a year and a half. my husband and i love it. we have a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom for $775. 2 pools, 3 tennis courts, 24 hour gym, and it's gated. as a younger female i feel safe here, especially walking to my building at night when i get home from class. easy access to everything we need. rental prices may have gone up since we first signed our lease, however, our rent did not go up one penny when we resigned. i should note though that just because a community is gated that it doesn't mean outsiders can't get in. here, people follow people in and sometimes hit the gates causing them to remain open for a day or two till they are repaired. also, last week i had my one and only scary incident since i moved here in which an suv followed me in and followed me around the complex---no matter which way i turned and i was made a bunch of pointless turns to be sure they were following me---they didn't stop till i took my cell phone out.
Wow, Im surprised, I thought Ballantyne was a really good area?

Old 02-02-2008, 08:34 PM

533 posts, read 1,641,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andaheart View Post
Wow, Im surprised, I thought Ballantyne was a really good area?
i think it is a really good area. i lived here for a year and a half with out any problems. i don't know what that person was thinking, i am just grateful they left. crime can happen anywhere. i still feel very safe here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or