U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-16-2015, 01:07 PM
 
102 posts, read 83,216 times
Reputation: 95

Advertisements

The Red Line, even if they had to lay their own track, would still cost less than this, and they would have money left over to expand the free lanes and maintain a "stricter" HOV lane. This setup will only increase traffic, toll lane travelers will be forced to cut across the free lanes to enter and exit the highway. During rush hour how do you think that will end up working out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2015, 05:05 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
22,007 posts, read 27,299,353 times
Reputation: 9034
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawaon View Post
That is a criminal offense. I find it somewhat hard to believe. Why hasn't anyone brought up federal charges against these politicians? Do you know approximately when this publication came out. I would like to see. I'm a show me person. Besides the Charlotte Disturber publishes trash. Who know if Shelby is any better.
I'm on a PC right now. Enjoy the article. Why does Raleigh oppose proposed resort? - News - Shelby Star - Shelby, NC

Last edited by southbound_295; 11-16-2015 at 05:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2015, 06:22 AM
 
436 posts, read 336,743 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
]
Amazing! I don't know how it was legal to take payments. Were they getting paid in the same manner as guest speakers are paid? Seems sketchy to me. I wonder if there has been an issue with other tribes wanting to build one? I would love to have a casino near Charlotte. I don't couldn't care less what tribe. Again, thanks for the article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2015, 09:11 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
22,007 posts, read 27,299,353 times
Reputation: 9034
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawaon View Post
]
Amazing! I don't know how it was legal to take payments. Were they getting paid in the same manner as guest speakers are paid? Seems sketchy to me. I wonder if there has been an issue with other tribes wanting to build one? I would love to have a casino near Charlotte. I don't couldn't care less what tribe. Again, thanks for the article.
You're welcome. Just an fyi. . .Tim Moore is a lawyer & did the legal work to get the Cherokees' casino rights upgraded. Bev signed the papers to allow it. My assumption is that their payments were thank yous. Tillis, Berger, & McCrory didn't have any involvement in that. Doesn't seem sketchy to me. It seems downright crooked. Now you can see why I think that the toll lanes are crooked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2015, 08:17 AM
 
58 posts, read 80,009 times
Reputation: 52
Interesting read.... https://www.charlotteagenda.com/1252...or-i-77-north/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2016, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,417,740 times
Reputation: 1495
Update:

Vote signals Charlotte City Council support for toll lanes

Council committee votes 3-2 in favor of toll lanes

Full council is expected to vote next week

Opponents want to stop I-77 toll lanes in north Meck

Read more here: Vote signals Charlotte City Council support for toll lanes | The Charlotte Observer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2016, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,187 posts, read 11,237,060 times
Reputation: 30767
The more I read about how wrong these Toll Lanes are for our area and the questions about the Spanish company that will get OUR monies for the next 50 years, it simply sickens me.

Sorry to see that politics is in full play. The elected officials in the region and the state gov't are really throwing LKN residents to the wolves on this one. You'd think other NC residents would take umbrage at the project as well, since the state will have to pay Cintras for any unmet revenue goals from the toll road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,417,740 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
The more I read about how wrong these Toll Lanes are for our area and the questions about the Spanish company that will get OUR monies for the next 50 years, it simply sickens me.

Sorry to see that politics is in full play. The elected officials in the region and the state gov't are really throwing LKN residents to the wolves on this one. You'd think other NC residents would take umbrage at the project as well, since the state will have to pay Cintras for any unmet revenue goals from the toll road.
fun facts:

Only improve congestion at most 20%.
No trucks on toll lanes.
Free carpool cars must be registered as such and carry 3 or more people and must have a transponder.
Few get-off points near Huntersville.
State can't touch the road for 50 years.


This will ruin Mooresville and Huntersville and later Southpark and Mathews when the toll lanes go to Independence and I-485.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2016, 07:48 PM
 
157 posts, read 147,298 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpretori View Post
fun facts:

Only improve congestion at most 20%.
No trucks on toll lanes.
Free carpool cars must be registered as such and carry 3 or more people and must have a transponder.
Few get-off points near Huntersville.
State can't touch the road for 50 years.


This will ruin Mooresville and Huntersville and later Southpark and Mathews when the toll lanes go to Independence and I-485.
Its not going to do anything for congestion except guarantee that it will stay.

Toll lanes don't make money when the free lanes are moving. They now have a financial incentive to make sure they free lanes are as screwed up and gridlocked as possible as often as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 09:20 AM
 
226 posts, read 315,298 times
Reputation: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpretori View Post
fun facts:

Only improve congestion at most 20%.
No trucks on toll lanes.
Free carpool cars must be registered as such and carry 3 or more people and must have a transponder.
Few get-off points near Huntersville.
State can't touch the road for 50 years.


This will ruin Mooresville and Huntersville and later Southpark and Mathews when the toll lanes go to Independence and I-485.
Does anybody know how the transponder would work? Let's say I register my Fast Pass (or whatever it's called) as a carpooler, because I almost always have 3 people in the car. Then one day I'm driving alone and I want to use the toll lane. How does the transponder know that I don't have 3 people that day, and that I should be charged? And if a cop is driving by and sees that I'm using the lane alone, then how does he know whether I paid or used a carpool transponder?

I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I'm not sure how other cities handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:17 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top