Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2015, 02:08 PM

5 posts, read 7,432 times

Advertisements

I decided to take a leap and move to NC. I am interested in the Huntersville area and would appreciate any renting recommendations. I do not think I can afford anything over $950/mo, at least starting out—I am only thirty-something and on my own. I am also a plant-based eater, so any restaurant suggestions and shopping tips would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to move before February.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 03:30 PM

162 posts, read 213,286 times
What types of things are important to you and what sort of apartment would you like?

Your budget is definitely doable but won't get you everything so you'll have to weigh pros and cons.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:52 PM

488 posts, read 799,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thymelady View Post
I decided to take a leap and move to NC. I am interested in the Huntersville area and would appreciate any renting recommendations. I do not think I can afford anything over $950/mo, at least starting out—I am only thirty-something and on my own. I am also a plant-based eater, so any restaurant suggestions and shopping tips would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to move before February.
$950 in Huntersville will be difficult for a home but not for an apartment. I would look over at the Birkdale area there are some nice apartments that may fit the bill.

Restaurants will be a bit more difficult but Whole Foods definitely will be your go to market!

Old 11-22-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 618719 View Post
What types of things are important to you and what sort of apartment would you like?

Your budget is definitely doable but won't get you everything so you'll have to weigh pros and cons.

I would like something around 800 sq ft or more, but I know that might not be possible with my budget. I will be moving from out of state, so I would really prefer a place that includes a washer and dryer in the unit. The cost of relocating is going to take a toll, and I know I won’t be able to purchase my own. I would also prefer a gated community.
I wouldn’t mind if a utility—electricity, water, or wifi—were included in rent, but I imagine I could get by without those. I do not need cable, and actually, I prefer not having it.
Not necessary, but wood floors would be a HUGE plus.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:05 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,382,360 times
Do you have a job lined up in Huntersville?

Old 11-23-2015, 06:57 AM

Not yet. Actively looking!

Old 11-23-2015, 01:56 PM

132 posts, read 153,962 times
I live in a one bedroom townhouse in Huntersville. I pay $950, which includes the basic utilities (water, electric, trash) and I pay $35 to TWC for internet each month. Mine is a private rental, so there's not a complex or anything. Wood floors on the first level, carpet on the second.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 811 times
I live in a 750 sq ft, 1 bed, 1 bath off exit 23 in Huntersville and pay $950 for a nice unit with a washer and dryer. Hardwoods floors in the foyer, kitchen, and bath and carpet throughout the rest of the unit. I also follow a plant based diet. There are a few restaurants in the area that offer vegetarian/vegan options, and Whole Foods and Earth Fare make it easy to stock up groceries. 
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte