U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 07:55 PM

11 posts, read 10,737 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on relocating to other cities after many years of living in Raleigh. I thought of Charlotte and Greensboro, can anyone tell me which one is better for jobs, best neighborhoods to rent a house. My fiancé is also relocating, but he's coming from New Jersey, his job is more of Warehousing, labor or industrial jobs, mine is in the IT field. Your information will be greatly appreciated. Or if I can search by Zip codes or cities when it comes. We like quiet places to live, not so much in the city. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 08:11 PM

21,848 posts, read 27,118,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iani11 View Post
I'm planning on relocating to other cities after many years of living in Raleigh. I thought of Charlotte and Greensboro, can anyone tell me which one is better for jobs, best neighborhoods to rent a house. My fiancé is also relocating, but he's coming from New Jersey, his job is more of Warehousing, labor or industrial jobs, mine is in the IT field. Your information will be greatly appreciated. Or if I can search by Zip codes or cities when it comes. We like quiet places to live, not so much in the city. Thanks
Search indeed & use Gastonia for the location. Gastonia will bring up locations from Charlotte to Kings Mountain. It will also bring up jobs in Lincoln County.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:38 PM

28 posts, read 24,004 times
Check out Mooresville, NC (just north of Charlotte), it's adorable!

Fort Mill (in SC, right across state lines), but if you don't have kiddos it might seem too suburban to you, and rent is high because of the top-rated schools. Rock Hill, SC is large but it's spread out, and the downtown area has a great community feel with lots of events and festivals.

I don't know anything about Greensboro, but Greenville, SC might have some options for you.

Good luck!

Old 12-30-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellesah View Post
Check out Mooresville, NC (just north of Charlotte), it's adorable!

Fort Mill (in SC, right across state lines), but if you don't have kiddos it might seem too suburban to you, and rent is high because of the top-rated schools. Rock Hill, SC is large but it's spread out, and the downtown area has a great community feel with lots of events and festivals.

I don't know anything about Greensboro, but Greenville, SC might have some options for you.

Good luck!
Thank you, that is very helpful. And we don't have any children, but it's okay, I'm used to suburban areas. I will start checking houses for rent and jobs for both. Thanks again and have a wonderful new year!

Old 12-30-2015, 08:48 PM

5,869 posts, read 7,696,943 times
Why are you leaving Raleigh? Do you not like it? If not, I'm not sure if you'll like Charlotte much better as personally I find Charlotte and Raleigh to be fairly similar, especially in the suburban areas. The fields you mentioned are pretty broad but in general I'd think you probably have better job prospects in Raleigh, but he probably has better job prospects in Charlotte.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:39 PM

Hello GoPhils
Well, Raleigh is okay, I got tired of it, plus downtown Raleigh here is not much to do, don't get me wrong I love the environment. My field is in technical support/help desk. And I had worked in educational, government and other industries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte