Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
I have a Vic card at HT they ask me if I have it and if I say no they dont bother me, they have on occassion scanned theirs so I can get the discount..Ive never been harrassed for not having it...
Haven't harassed me, either, but I have nearly come apart at the seams when I realized I didn't have mine with me, at which time some soothing customer service person rushes to my aid to allow me to scan w/ the "store" card, LOL.

Gotta get my "specials."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 02:38 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,258,149 times
Interesting rant.

I use my VIC card at HT since it saves us money, carried it possibly since they started using them (15 yrs?+). Not once have I received mail or a phone call from them.

Occasionally I run in a Food Lion near my house and they ask if I have their card.
I reply 'no', then the cashier swipes hers or the store card and I still save.
This has happened at the same store for at least 9 years.

Not sure what the big deal is...

Old 02-06-2008, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
You sound pretty bitter IMO.

I don't understand what the big deal is. Get a card so for all future shopping trips you save $$.

If you still refuse, just go through the self serve checkout lanes and you won't have to deal w/people.
You are wrong - the lady is right. Enough of this price gouging and identity-mining by the corporations. Why are they so desperate to get your personal info that they're willing to antagonize the poorer segment of the shopping public by (a.) jacking food prices up by 16% (and more!) so that they can (b) pretend to offer you a "savings" deal of 16% in return for your personal info.? It's the oldest dirty sales trick in the world, and you fell for it. IMHO, they want this info to give them total control over everything that moves in THEIR world.

Since you don't understand what the big deal is, I'm giving you an assignment: Read the collected works of our founding fathers, then read "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler. After that, read "The Controversy of Zion" by Douglas Reed or just download the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion". Finally, see "sourcewatch" on the internet and look for "The Hashara Manual" (131 pages). I think that perhaps this would help you to see what the angry shopper is upset about.http://pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...ons/icon12.gif

Old 02-06-2008, 02:51 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,642,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrogearcrunch View Post
You are wrong - the lady is right. Enough of this price gouging and identity-mining by the corporations. Why are they so desperate to get your personal info that they're willing to antagonize the poorer segment of the shopping public by (a.) jacking food prices up by 16% (and more!) so that they can (b) pretend to offer you a "savings" deal of 16% in return for your personal info.? It's the oldest dirty sales trick in the world, and you fell for it. IMHO, they want this info to give them total control over everything that moves in THEIR world.

Since you don't understand what the big deal is, I'm giving you an assignment: Read the collected works of our founding fathers, then read "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler. After that, read "The Controversy of Zion" by Douglas Reed or just download the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion". Finally, see "sourcewatch" on the internet and look for "The Hashara Manual" (131 pages). I think that perhaps this would help you to see what the angry shopper is upset about.
Ok, I get your point....here's a solution....

Goto Montana, live off the land, build yourself a little 6x10 shack and next, people will be calling you "the unabomber"...see you in Leavenworth....

Do you actually think the government doesn't have any information on you already? This is rediculous. I know some people who refuse to do online banking because their reasoning is that "they don't want the government intruding in our lives".....are you effin kidding me???

Stop being so naive and open your eyes. We are ALL "under a microscope". Big deal, there's nothing you can do about it except live your lives (and save by using your VIC card....)

Old 02-06-2008, 03:40 PM

4,138 posts, read 11,440,552 times
Aldi's and A Discount Grocery on South Blvd. are cheaper and don't have any special cards for discounts.

I shop both of those often as they are far cheaper than the Bozo store, even with the Bozo card!

Dawn

Old 02-06-2008, 04:05 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,786,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Like Groove said - the guy can give them fake info if he wants to - he still has card to give him price breaks - and no one has his info!
What can also sometimes happen is that another customer will let his card be scanned for the cardless customer, letting them get the savings.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:20 PM

Default Gyro - sorry you are unhappy

Gyro - I am sorry you are unhappy w/ how we do business here. I still am curious where you are from, b/c I think the customer cards are fairly standard across the country. They had them in the midwest when I lived there, too.

The grocery stores do not "jack up" the prices. If you check, you will the "specials" are a mark down. The regular prices are about the same for a can of green beans, for ex., at all the grocery stores. But when they run a "special" then you get a price break. This is how I keep my grocery bill down - buying specials and stocking them in quantity.

You don't have to give them your real info. No one will ever know. I have been shopping at these stores for over 25 years . . . nothing nefarious is going on. It is voluntary but the cashier sees people like me get upset when I FORGET my card, so I am sure he/she just wanted to make sure you got your savings and knew about the card.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
What can also sometimes happen is that another customer will let his card be scanned for the cardless customer, letting them get the savings.
Got my easter turkey faster that way one year, LOL - letting someone else use my card to make my minimum that week!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM

4,265 posts, read 6,251,370 times
I'm another one that loves my specials. I average a savings of 46% each month by using those BOZO cards and my coupons!! My stockpile (which was also bought using BOZO cards and coupons to the tune of 50% savings) is such that for the most part I'm now only buying necessities like meat, eggs, butter, bread and milk each week.

Also, to the OP - use Self-Checkout which most stores have now and the only one asking you for a card is the computer. Ignore it, and just start scanning your items and you're done.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,786,598 times
Its amazing how the price of food has soared this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte