U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 08:29 AM

299 posts, read 193,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Age isn't the issue, lack of skills is. You can't punch the clock in a cushy gov't job for so many years and expect to be paid the same in the private sector. The private sector is hard and unforgiving. If everyone was eligible for cushy gov't jobs, Charlotte would be just as expensive as NYC.
Excellent post. Hit the nail on the head.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:22 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,023,896 times
"No matter where you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai / Confucius

Old 12-29-2016, 12:56 PM

8,723 posts, read 7,930,882 times
No city/location is all things to all people.

If you don't like it here, don't let the door hit ya.... Life is too short to spend time in a place that makes you miserable.

We'll have been here for 10 years in Feb. This is home, we have absolutely zero plans to leave.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:15 AM

686 posts, read 1,414,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euterpe68 View Post
Moved here from The West Coast and highly skilled in my profession. The job I moved for was totally misrepresented, you have to know somebody in the hoity toit social circles to get a job and if you weren't born and raised here, you will be shunned. I sold my home too and am so depressed from being "stuck" here. Yes, there will be a bunch of yay whos who say, " Just take 77 outta here" or my favorite, "Bless his/her heart", which I have found is just an f*$! You wrapped in the some of these Bible thumping hypocrites. I am not against The Bible or Christianity at all, but it's preached about, but not lived out. It's unbelievable that with the influx of transplants, this attitude still exists, but I think it's done, to run us off. Well, I say all us hippie, gypsies stay and mess up their equilibrium. If we do so for long enough and find other like-minded individuals, the hayseeds will crawl back under their rocks...Myopic group of people and the biggest small town in the country.

You are obviously pretty unhappy since you felt the need to post this on two different threads. I am sorry you don't like it in Charlotte and I hope you feel better for saying such things about this great city and its people.

Now, move along and best wishes to you.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:27 AM

384 posts, read 258,354 times
Charlotte just do not have the crimes that NYC has. Try moving to Chicago or Baltimore, they'll hire you without a resume. LOL. I was just in Charlotte for a visit and thought the city was some place I could live in, in the future. I'm not sure what part of Charlotte was considered "bad" because I stayed at the motel somewhere in W Sugar Creek. It looked a bit shady but not even close to Baltimore's version of "shady". Is W Sugar Creek the "hood"?

Old 12-31-2016, 06:01 AM

501 posts, read 339,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicappalachian View Post
Charlotte just do not have the crimes that NYC has. Try moving to Chicago or Baltimore, they'll hire you without a resume. LOL. I was just in Charlotte for a visit and thought the city was some place I could live in, in the future. I'm not sure what part of Charlotte was considered "bad" because I stayed at the motel somewhere in W Sugar Creek. It looked a bit shady but not even close to Baltimore's version of "shady". Is W Sugar Creek the "hood"?
Chicago and Baltimore "just do not have" the same crime of Caracus, Venezuela or Johannesburg, South Africa either. In my humble opinion, one has to be "shady" to stay at a motel on W. Sugar Creek anyway or perhaps just lost. You should have walked around the area at midnight before making a judgement.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:48 AM

3,389 posts, read 4,775,441 times
Uhhhh, what does all of this have to do with Charlotte? The OP has yet to prove why the city sucks!

Old 01-03-2017, 09:19 AM

501 posts, read 339,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Uhhhh, what does all of this have to do with Charlotte? The OP has yet to prove why the city sucks!
I believe that the bottom line is that the city "might" be managed and ran by incompetent electees? We need a King of Charlotte that is smart and can make intelligent decisions and not screw things up. But, on the other hand, the success of a kingdom depends on the subjects. It is a two-way thing.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:43 AM

I never said I wasn't shady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassielad View Post
Chicago and Baltimore "just do not have" the same crime of Caracus, Venezuela or Johannesburg, South Africa either. In my humble opinion, one has to be "shady" to stay at a motel on W. Sugar Creek anyway or perhaps just lost. You should have walked around the area at midnight before making a judgement.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:45 AM

Charlotte is a Queen city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassielad View Post
I believe that the bottom line is that the city "might" be managed and ran by incompetent electees? We need a King of Charlotte that is smart and can make intelligent decisions and not screw things up. But, on the other hand, the success of a kingdom depends on the subjects. It is a two-way thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or