Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Still Happy?
Yes 31 75.61%
No 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:55 AM

50 posts, read 61,063 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate in the next year or so. I'm sure like others you were looking at possible cities. And like me you might have considered ATL. For some reason, you chose Charlotte, and I hope you will share why. Are you still happy with your decision and would you make it again? I am considering a lot of factors in my move and one of them is distance from family (Charlotte is closer for me). However, I am also looking at educational system for my pre-school daughters, events around town that my wife and I will enjoy on date nights, cost of living, and economy of the city. Well these are just a few and I'm sure each of you had your own. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 10:41 AM

436 posts, read 446,414 times
I am a city boy. When I decided to get out of Florida, I looked all over the eastern half of the U.S. I lived in Calif. years ago and didn't care for it. I checked out Boston area, Columbus, Ohio area, Atlanta area, and Virginia coast area. I chose Charlotte for the following reasons: 1. active, safer center city entertainment area 2. Performing arts availability 3. Dining options for my favorite ethnic restaurants 4. Cost comparison of houses 5. Traffic (has worsened over the years), weather, proximity to mountains and beaches, close by get-aways, 6. International flights and a few other options. The other places were great in their own ways, but Charlotte was the most suitable for me and I am very happy I made the choice. But, that is me. Everyone likes different things, but there is really nothing lacking here. Oh yea, the Panters too. Go Panthers!!

Old 10-04-2015, 01:11 PM

18 posts, read 18,336 times
We lived in Atl for 7 years and hated every second of it. We were there for my husbands job. 5 1/2 years ago we were transferred here to Charlotte. It's so much better! Safer, cleaner and just more friendly over all. When we moved we were kid free and enjoyed the night life and other activities. Now we have a 1 year old and like that we feel safe everywhere in the city we go.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:52 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,440,929 times
Why does Atlanta always need to come up in the Charlotte thread. Just let each city be comfortable with what it was created to be. Once again here comes the same old comments that were in many other previous threads along this same topic. Yawn

Last edited by Atlwarrior; 10-04-2015 at 05:02 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 05:16 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,373,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Why does Atlanta always need to come up in the Charlotte thread. Just let each city be comfortable with what it was created to be. Once again here comes the same old comments that were in many other previous threads along this same topic. Yawn
Really, this is and could very well be a troll thread..

Old 10-04-2015, 05:17 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,382,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
The OP is trying decide whether to move to Atlanta or Charlotte. Kinda hard to post on that without mentioning both cities, no?. If the topic bores you, feel free to ignore it.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:18 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,373,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandianne22 View Post
We lived in Atl for 7 years and hated every second of it. We were there for my husbands job. 5 1/2 years ago we were transferred here to Charlotte. It's so much better! Safer, cleaner and just more friendly over all. When we moved we were kid free and enjoyed the night life and other activities. Now we have a 1 year old and like that we feel safe everywhere in the city we go.
Try east Charlotte.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:24 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,382,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
It wasn't until you showed up!

Why in the world are spending your time monitoring the Charlotte board for mentions of Atlanta? Is that your hobby? How odd.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:37 PM

351 posts, read 656,651 times
We lived NW of Atlanta for many years. My husband lived there all his life before we moved to the burbs of Charlotte. We were just not Atlanta people, made us both nervous to drive in the area with all the traffic and the traffic there continues to move further and further north. We had the opportunity to move anywhere we wanted and chose Charlotte for several reasons..the close proximity to our parents and the mountains and beach. Plus, we wanted to stay in the southern culture. The only other state we were open to was TN. I still love parts of GA, but we wanted to experience life in another state. I would suggest visiting both areas before you make your choice.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:08 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Not really. The OP has been asking questions about Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte