U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2016, 01:04 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
The discussion is if they would be one of the greatest single season teams ever. Multiple seasons are irrelevant.
Agreed! They could miss the playoffs next year and it would not diminish their 15-1 record this year... especially if they win the SB... We are not talking DYNASTY yet, just one of the greatest teams... as in single season!

Old 01-26-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
because it's America. They are all good but they are also black, white and latino.

Nothing wrong with it. its not like they are winning just because of their color but I'm talking about one of the reasons this team will be talked about in 20 to 30 years.

Mobile QB's rarely win SB's.

The NFL has no never had a Latino HC win a SB

Kueckly is simply amazing and lets be honest, he doesnt look like a throw back LB when he isn't in pads.

These make for great stories on NFL, ESPN, etc... and these are the places where people talk about teams from 20 to 30 years ago.

So I really don't see why anyone gets mad when having this discussion.

I'm talking reality not fantasy land where people claim to see no color.
HUM.... hate to break this to you but TOM FLORES (Latino), Oakland Raiders head coach 3 decades ago, won 2 Super Bowls...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/p...flores-n503856

Last edited by mco65; 01-26-2016 at 01:32 PM..

Old 01-26-2016, 01:39 PM

11,773 posts, read 9,384,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
HUM.... hate to break this to you but TOM FLORES (Latino), Oakland Raiders head coach 3 decades ago, won 2 Super Bowls...

Before Panthers Coach Ron Rivera, There was the Raiders' Tom Flores - NBC News
thank you for this information.

This was a great read and goes to show how Latinos want recognition for their achievements and contributions to the game.

and that didn't take long for an article Rivera's race to hit the press. It will definitely be a talking point this week.

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 01-26-2016 at 01:53 PM..

Old 01-26-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
They arent better than the 49'ers, Dolphins or New England in their prime but give them another 10+ years and we can discuss this again. I know they have done more in 20 years than some teams (falcons) have done in 50+ years have been here
49are and Dolphins are from an era where you didn't have to worry about FA every other year.

NE gets props for doing it in the modern era but they also have a lot of question marks about their cheating.

This Panther team is special because they built this team through the draft, cut their best pass rusher due to off field issues and lost a RB to FA and their leading WR in preseason.

Rivera has done an amazing coaching job.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:15 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,862,159 times
It will feel pretty good if the Panthers win this Super Bowl and Cam gets a ring before Andrew Luck. I remember him staying in school to duck the Panthers and Charlotte back when we wanted to get him so we had to take Cam instead.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
thank you for this information.

This was a great read and goes to show how Latinos want recognition for their achievements and contributions to the game.

and that didn't take long for an article Rivera's race to hit the press. It will definitely be a talking point this week.
I would think most NFL fans could care less what his ethnicity is... I am sure some reporter will bring it up to help push an agenda or story but the real story is the Panthers and NOT the ethnicity of their head coach!

Old 01-26-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
It will feel pretty good if the Panthers win this Super Bowl and Cam gets a ring before Andrew Luck. I remember him staying in school to duck the Panthers and Charlotte back when we wanted to get him so we had to take Cam instead.
I don't remember that angle and that's probably not the whole story. Since when is staying in SCHOOL a bad idea!

Old 01-26-2016, 03:21 PM

211 posts, read 82,017 times
Quote:
I would think most NFL fans could care less what his ethnicity is... I am sure some reporter will bring it up to help push an agenda or story but the real story is the Panthers and NOT the ethnicity of their head coach!
It's funny how winning changes perspectives....about 14 months ago, when the panthers were sitting at I believe 3-7-1, fans wanted to know who the next coach was and were killing management for saddling this team with 2 over paid, underperforming RBs....fast forward 14 months later, Rivera is all of a sudden a genius and Stewart is the next coming of Walter Payton....newbie fans do have such short memories

Last edited by Southeast Hillbilly; 01-26-2016 at 03:36 PM..

Old 01-26-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I don't remember that angle and that's probably not the whole story. Since when is staying in SCHOOL a bad idea!
lol.. either you don't really follow the Panthers or you live under a rock.

first 2 years all the fans and radio host did was slobber over Luck and talk about how he was soooooo much better than Cam.

Staying in school isn't bad unless you really wanted him on your team.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
lol... people wanted Rivera fired last year.

but you are correct, reporters will bring up his ethnicity for clicks and ratings.

all I'm doing is admitting they will do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or