U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2016, 05:50 AM

436 posts, read 334,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

Great posting!!

Old 02-11-2016, 05:55 AM

436 posts, read 334,704 times
I think that it is time for Newton to retire, He has lost the respect of way too many. I always said he was a D-Bag. The situation is like the too road. Is it worth forfeiting millions to get rid of it (in this case, him)? I say, yes. We need someone that isn't going to give up at the end and spoil the team's image. Personally, I was very proud of the Panthers and now all I hear from people in other places is what an idiot Newton is. Very sad.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:01 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,851,584 times
Yes Cam should retire or we should trade him for Blaine Gabbert. What a loser he is going 17-2 and winning the MVP.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:53 AM

6,270 posts, read 9,993,341 times
Cam is the future of this team, so let's not go there. However, I don't think Cam is mature enough to be the locker room leader of this offense. I believe Steve Smith was what the Panthers lacked Sunday. Defense and offense needs those type of locker room leaders, and Cam simply wasn't up to that job on Sunday.

Couple that with Cam's lack of interest after the game, and he really doesn't look like a true leader. He is still a great player, but not all great players make great leaders. It's sad how Rivera and a few Panthers players had to defend Cam's actions. I applaud them for standing by him in front of the camera, but they shouldn't have to do that. A true leader would not put them in that type of situation.

Cam has got to grow up. That's the one thing that's missing from his game (and that's a BIG thing).

Old 02-11-2016, 07:04 AM

11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Cam is the future of this team, so let's not go there. However, I don't think Cam is mature enough to be the locker room leader of this offense. I believe Steve Smith was what the Panthers lacked Sunday. Defense and offense needs those type of locker room leaders, and Cam simply wasn't up to that job on Sunday.

Couple that with Cam's lack of interest after the game, and he really doesn't look like a true leader. He is still a great player, but not all great players make great leaders. It's sad how Rivera and a few Panthers players had to defend Cam's actions. I applaud them for standing by him in front of the camera, but they shouldn't have to do that. A true leader would not put them in that type of situation.

Cam has got to grow up. That's the one thing that's missing from his game (and that's a BIG thing).
Can went 17-2. How did the Ravens do this year with Steve Smith's leadership?

How many SB's and winning seasons did the Panthers have with Steve Smith?

I agree though, Cam isn't the locker room leader and that's OK. Your QB doesn't have to be the leader of the locker room. As long as he continues to play his position at an MVP level he will be fine.

Its a team sport. It's ok for his teammates to defend him.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:14 AM

6,270 posts, read 9,993,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Can went 17-2. How did the Ravens do this year with Steve Smith's leadership?

How many SB's and winning seasons did the Panthers have with Steve Smith?

I agree though, Cam isn't the locker room leader and that's OK. Your QB doesn't have to be the leader of the locker room. As long as he continues to play his position at an MVP level he will be fine.

Its a team sport. It's ok for his teammates to defend him.
Steve Smith was a missing element in the SB. Remember Cam's towel over his head days? Remember how Steve snapped Cam out of it? What other Alpha male on that offense calls bad-Cam out when he's acting like a child? My point exactly. Smith was needed in SB 50 because in THAT game, the old Cam returned.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:55 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,263,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Steve Smith was a missing element in the SB. Remember Cam's towel over his head days? Remember how Steve snapped Cam out of it? What other Alpha male on that offense calls bad-Cam out when he's acting like a child? My point exactly. Smith was needed in SB 50 because in THAT game, the old Cam returned.
Don't even argue with him. It's pointless. He points to a Ravens season destroyed by injuries, including one to smith himself. Smith is a warrior. I know one thing he would have dove for that ball.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:04 AM

35 posts, read 11,017 times
Will be interesting how FA will affect this team....Charles Johnson is due $15 mil and is 30....Norman is a FA and I am sure will want a huge payday

Last edited by Neptune Massive; 02-11-2016 at 08:14 AM..

Old 02-11-2016, 08:11 AM

2,143 posts, read 2,611,328 times
I loved Smith when he played for us but it was time for him to go. That ship has sailed and we've made it to the Super Bowl without him (or really any true WR threat for that matter). Smith was not the missing element on Sunday unless he is now an all pro OL who could handle the speed of Denver's ends.

Smith played with a ton of passion, that's for sure, and I always appreciated it. I'm not quite sold on him being a true leader though. He was noisy, talked a lot, got in teammates faces and screamed (and got into fights with them) but not sure that qualifies you to be anointed the "leader" because you're loudest? Takes more than that.

I'm not saying Cam is the best leader of the team either right now. Although, if I'm getting on anyone's back on that offense it's going to be the reigning MVP's back who nearly brought a Super Bowl victory back to Charlotte.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:13 AM

2,143 posts, read 2,611,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Massive View Post
Will be interesting how FA will affect this team....Charles Johnson is due $15 mil and is 30....Norman is a FA and I am sure will want a huge payday
Norman will either get a big deal or franchise tag, he's not going anywhere.

Johnson is replaceable and we saw Ealy making plays, as he has done at various times this year.

Our biggest acquisition will be getting KB back from injured reserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or