Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 08:48 PM

547 posts, read 774,103 times

Advertisements

I think the Panthers bet on the Broncos to win. It's the only reasonable explanation for their lack of effort.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:58 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,911,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Refs were paid obviously, .
Ummm....yeah.... OK...

Old 02-07-2016, 09:11 PM

211 posts, read 114,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
And that's why I gave so many ifs earlier. The Panthers didn't look like they belonged on the same field with Denver. As it stands, Jake has the best SB performance to date (when it comes to Panthers QBs).
Jake never quit in a SB either

Old 02-07-2016, 09:15 PM

211 posts, read 114,979 times
BINGO....seeing Cam at the Press Conference....sulking, one word answers, looking down, pouting....he hasn't changed one bit....he just said, "There was nothing special that they did"

I would have thought he would have matured, but he is the same self entitled person that did the Superman pose when he was down 24 points a few years ago

Even Steve Young is getting on him for the way he acted

Old 02-07-2016, 09:21 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,241,183 times
Ugh, I'm not emotionally invested in the Panthers but I was rooting for them tonight and god, that was just not what I was expecting from them.

Ultimately though, I think the refs screwed them early in the first. That Cotchery incompletion should have been ruled a catch, and of course Denver scored on a fumble two plays later.

But ultimately they also didn't make plays when they needed to. Good season though.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:32 PM

7,075 posts, read 12,344,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
BINGO....seeing Cam at the Press Conference....sulking, one word answers, looking down, pouting....he hasn't changed one bit....he just said, "There was nothing special that they did"

I would have thought he would have matured, but he is the same self entitled person that did the Superman pose when he was down 24 points a few years ago

Even Steve Young is getting on him for the way he acted
In a way I agree with Steve and then I also agree with Cam. Cam should've given Denver's D their due. It's called being a man and giving the better team props. However, the Panthers gave up a lot to Denver that wasn't created by Denver's D (ie dropped passes, false starts, penalties after the play, miscommunication on special teams during a punt return, missed field goal, dropped interceptions). Let's not forget the terrible call on that completed pass play.

So yeah, I think Denver beat the Panthers butts, but the Panthers (and refs) helped Denver a lot too. No excuses though; Denver is the better team. Denver was also better prepared for a SB than the Panthers. The Panthers wanted to win, but they were never prepared to win. Denver lost a SB two years ago and they knew what needed to be done this time (and they did it).

And YES, when Cam didn't even bother to recover his own fumble, I lost a lot of respect for his game. I'm cool with seeing my squad lose, but to quit on a play? Even if you thought your team mate recovered it, you still drop down and make sure that the Panthers recover. A punt was far better than a gift-turnover.

I didn't want to see this side of Cam before tonight, but it really showed. Cam is a sore loser and he should've manned-up and gave the SB 50 Champs their due. When you respect the game (and the people who out-play you) you learn how to win. This is true in life and in sports. He's only 26 though; it remains to be seen if he's learned from this.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:42 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Refs were paid obviously, and I'm not even a panthers fan. This was a disappointing super bowl, no effort from either team, just a planned skit.
Are you serious? both defenses played amazing. It was a great defensive football game

Old 02-07-2016, 09:47 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
In a way I agree with Steve and then I also agree with Cam. Cam should've given Denver's D their due. It's called being a man and giving the better team props. However, the Panthers gave up a lot to Denver that wasn't created by Denver's D (ie dropped passes, false starts, penalties after the play, miscommunication on special teams during a punt return, missed field goal, dropped interceptions). Let's not forget the terrible call on that completed pass play.

So yeah, I think Denver beat the Panthers butts, but the Panthers (and refs) helped Denver a lot too. No excuses though; Denver is the better team. Denver was also better prepared for a SB than the Panthers. The Panthers wanted to win, but they were never prepared to win. Denver lost a SB two years ago and they knew what needed to be done this time (and they did it).

And YES, when Cam didn't even bother to recover his own fumble, I lost a lot of respect for his game. I'm cool with seeing my squad lose, but to quit on a play? Even if you thought your team mate recovered it, you still drop down and make sure that the Panthers recover. A punt was far better than a gift-turnover.

I didn't want to see this side of Cam before tonight, but it really showed. Cam is a sore loser and he should've manned-up and gave the SB 50 Champs their due. When you respect the game (and the people who out-play you) you learn how to win. This is true in life and in sports. He's only 26 though; it remains to be seen if he's learned from this.
When one of the more mobile QB's gets sacked 7 or 8 times they did something, he should have admitted that. I really thought he turned a corner this season, but when he just stood there on that fumble. WTF was that.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:48 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,241,183 times
I guess he thought the play was dead? I'm also not sure what was going through his mind there.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:50 PM

7,075 posts, read 12,344,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
When one of the more mobile QB's gets sacked 7 or 8 times they did something, he should have admitted that. I really thought he turned a corner this season, but when he just stood there on that fumble. WTF was that.
It was a boy losing it on a man's stage.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte