Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 01:28 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
No felt It turns out I was never wrong about him. He's had one great year. that's it. He hasn't won anything in this league. You don't play this game for MVP honors. You play it for rings. He has none. On the biggest stage at the most critical moment he quit on his team. Why, because he was afraid to get hurt. That's not me saying it. He said it. Screw him. After TD played with a broken arm. Allen with a busted foot. You might never get another chance. That's why big ben went back in after spraining his shoulder against the bengals. Him and tomlin knew these chances are rare. They said as much. You play in the superbowl you have to leave it all out there. He didn't. Again he said so. He's a quitter. I said it yesterday. And you and gophils and everyone else made excuses, and he comes out today, and says I didn't want to get hurt. That's a fear. he didn't know he would get hurt.

Now, are the chances "rare" for Big Ben because of the rapes or something on the field? I get confused, we should support rapists as long as they win rings?

Old 02-09-2016, 01:28 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,721,070 times
Was listening to a radio program and they were talking about how the Broncos' defensive players said that Carolina didn't do anything differently than what was on the film. As a result, they knew what they were going to do! If that's true I would be troubled by this. Two weeks to prepare and not one new wrinkle to the game plan? This is bigger than Cam.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:36 PM

162 posts, read 213,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Was listening to a radio program and they were talking about how the Broncos' defensive players said that Carolina didn't do anything differently than what was on the film. As a result, they knew what they were going to do! If that's true I would be troubled by this. Two weeks to prepare and not one new wrinkle to the game plan? This is bigger than Cam.
Yup, and how many times did they try the same thing and have it not work during the game with no change of plan?

Having Stewart or Tolbert run the ball for a 0 yard gain. Have the same O-line fail over and over and get Cam wrecked?

It feels like you could've just recorded 2 minutes of the game and played it on repeat 30 times and seen the Super Bowl.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:19 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times
Our defense did their job. The offense made too many mistakes and did not change their game plan at all, after seeing how Denver was playing.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:18 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
No felt It turns out I was never wrong about him. He's had one great year. that's it. He hasn't won anything in this league. You don't play this game for MVP honors. You play it for rings. He has none. On the biggest stage at the most critical moment he quit on his team. Why, because he was afraid to get hurt. That's not me saying it. He said it. Screw him. After TD played with a broken arm. Allen with a busted foot. You might never get another chance. That's why big ben went back in after spraining his shoulder against the bengals. Him and tomlin knew these chances are rare. They said as much. You play in the superbowl you have to leave it all out there. He didn't. Again he said so. He's a quitter. I said it yesterday. And you and gophils and everyone else made excuses, and he comes out today, and says I didn't want to get hurt. That's a fear. he didn't know he would get hurt.
so Barry Sanders wasn't a good RB because he never won a SB? Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Warren Moon weren't great QB's because they didn't win a ring?

you were 100% wrong dude. You never predicted Can would go 17-1 and make a SB and not recover a fumble due to being selfish. All your preditions had Cam out of the league in 5 years after bouncing around the league due to being a poor QB and a poor leader.

In the interview you linked today, if you listened to it you would hear his teammates having his back and showing nothing but love and support for him.

sorry tread, once again you are WRONG about Cam.

not even going to talk about Ben and Tomlin because it has nothing to do with this conversation. Cam isn't Ben. He doesn't have a SB ring yet but he has a Heisman, SEC Championship, College Championship, Rookie of the Year award, Pro Bowl, NFL MVP and countless records and just had a 15-1 season.

It's pretty weird for you to be on here talking about how you were right about Cam.

Actually, it's delusional and narcissist of you to talk like this. I think you dislike Can because you have a lot of the same characteristics you accuse him of having.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I can't believe more people aren't upset about him not going for the football. It's inexcusable.
it's because you hate him.

look, I get it, I dislike Tom Brady and it brings me boy when he loses.

However, only the truly obsessed spend days breaking down facial expressions or find gifs of him cursing our the refs to prove he is a miserable person in real life.

it's one thing to not like an athlete but its another to dislike the person you don't really know based on a play or 2 in a 60 minute game.

but I get it, it's sports and when fanatics hate a guy they go overboard with the hate to a point where they no longer sound reasonable.

If Cam stiffed you on a tip, spit in your face, stole your girl I could relate but all he has done is get drafted by the Panthers and play the game the way he feels like he should play it and he has a ton of success doing it his way.

You don't have to like it but you can't make up a alternate reality to twist him into a bad football player.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:51 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 618719 View Post
Yup, and how many times did they try the same thing and have it not work during the game with no change of plan?

Having Stewart or Tolbert run the ball for a 0 yard gain. Have the same O-line fail over and over and get Cam wrecked?

It feels like you could've just recorded 2 minutes of the game and played it on repeat 30 times and seen the Super Bowl.
To the coaches credit, our offense has "worked" all year so what's not to think it will have that many problems in the SB? I agree that a wrinkle here or there or to have a package to help get the ball out quicker if their ends are eating up our tackles (which they were) would make total sense. I didn't see that at all but I rather give credit to the Broncos defense. They absolutely played their game plan to a T and beat us. I think we tried to do what we did all year and it just didn't work. Sometimes games are like that unfortunately.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
To the coaches credit, our offense has "worked" all year so what's not to think it will have that many problems in the SB? I agree that a wrinkle here or there or to have a package to help get the ball out quicker if their ends are eating up our tackles (which they were) would make total sense. I didn't see that at all but I rather give credit to the Broncos defense. They absolutely played their game plan to a T and beat us. I think we tried to do what we did all year and it just didn't work. Sometimes games are like that unfortunately.
IMO that wasn't the offense that worked all year in the SB. They usually run Cam more and have more misdirection. I think the biggest problem was no half time adjustments after seeing the O struggle vs the pass rush.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:18 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Who cares? People like/dislike him for a variety of reasons. I like this quote...Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.
Well you can add plagiarism to his list of faults!!!! that is a Vince Lomardi quote. grrrr /sarcasm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte