Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 05:58 AM

436 posts, read 442,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
It took you 10 pages to finally say what we thought you were insinuating. Do you read any other posts? I am getting tired of your uninformed drivel.

It has taken 10 pages for morons to understand simple English. Liberals, like yourself, have a nice way of beating around the bush and evading simple reality. Who cares who commits the crimes or about numbers, open your eyes and settle for reality. Forget everything you learned in your social work classes. If you had read my past postings, you would understand that I am one that believes that liars use statistics. I learned that as an executive manager not in my sociology class. And, I don't accept "poverty" as an excuse. Again, you haven't read my postings or "been out there."

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Household Poverty and Nonfatal Violent Victimization, 2008–2012

Bottom line, I don't care about poverty or any other crap, Northlake is still a hangout for thugs at night. They might excite you, but to me they are just a nuisance that I choose to avoid. Don't expect me to answer any more of your responses. It is like a broken record. You don't grasp simple English.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:03 AM

[quote=Essequamvideri;42981331]Ha. Thanks.

Some people just want to lived scared I guess. ]

Well said.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Well you never answered my question. Do you think if one goes to the NorthLake Mall after 6:00 PM that they will either witness or be a victim of crime?

That is a very stupid question. How the hell would I know? Many have, many haven't.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:50 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,678,667 times
Quote:
Lastly, you witnessed what was potentially a struggle in a car, and you didn't think to call the police? Heck, then maybe that incident would have been added to the statistics to make NorthLake look worse than other area malls, which for the most part right now, it doesn't.
I thought about it, but not for long.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:58 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,678,667 times
Quote:
And if you haven't seen people swearing a lot at other malls, then you likely haven't been to as many malls as you say.
Yet another person telling me what I have done, seen or thought.

There seems to be a trend, here.

And no, now that I think about it, I have most assuredly not seen people swearing a lot in other malls. You have given me a true, LOL. To even suggest such is absurdly funny.

Just picture this, random people, walking around malls, swearing randomly. Still laughing.

No, my friend, that is not a normal occurrence in most places. In fact any place. It is never normal. Anywhere.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:56 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,269,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawaon View Post
That is a very stupid question. How the hell would I know? Many have, many haven't.
You're the one telling people to go "see for themselves." Which I wasn't sure if you were saying you actually thought they would see (or be a victim of) crime taking place. At least you eventually admitted that what they would most likely see is just a diverse group of shoppers.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Yet another person telling me what I have done, seen or thought.

There seems to be a trend, here.

And no, now that I think about it, I have most assuredly not seen people swearing a lot in other malls. You have given me a true, LOL. To even suggest such is absurdly funny.

Just picture this, random people, walking around malls, swearing randomly. Still laughing.

No, my friend, that is not a normal occurrence in most places. In fact any place. It is never normal. Anywhere.

What's up with these posters. Do they have huge amounts of stock in Northlake Mall or something? Between us, they seem to be living in a bubble.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
You're the one telling people to go "see for themselves." Which I wasn't sure if you were saying you actually thought they would see (or be a victim of) crime taking place. At least you eventually admitted that what they would most likely see is just a diverse group of shoppers.

Don't sugar coat what I said. I am wise enough to know that people have their own opinions and what we think is meaningless.Therefore, I suggested that people should make up their own minds. I certainly am not downplaying my opinion that Northlake will likely become a ghetto mall like Eastland in the future.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:08 PM
NDL

4,502 posts, read 5,589,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
No matter where you go in America if it's labeled as the "black" mall, doesn't matter, crime will always be assumed to worse and the numbers game/data will be interpreted as 10x more dangerous....that's perception. Deny if you want to, but it's the way it is.
Do you think that Carolina Place would sustain its level of success, if several shootings had occurred over a period of three weeks?

Old 02-13-2016, 08:25 PM
NDL

4,502 posts, read 5,589,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Of course this doesn't change the fact that crime does occur and some awful people walk amongst us. But that fact doesn't mean you should condemn entire sections of town or entire malls based on isolated incidents. I can look up 100's of awful crimes that have happened in wonderful places and it doesn't make any of those places any less wonderful. People see what they want to.
Some posters would like us to believe that hateful tendencies within a person's subconscious dictate behavior, and to some degree this is true in all individuals.

Unfortunately, this truth is, in itself, colored (no pun).

For if I knew that a shopping mall was frequented/dominated by skinheads - you can be sure that I would not want to shop there. Just because they're white means nothing; their ideology would make me uncomfortable, to the extent that I'd adjust my behavior.

And I've been to South Park, with other patrons who're people of color; educated, well dressed, with likely more money in their pockets than I have in mine. Never felt uncomfortable. No reason for me to.

Moving forward, to what degree is the media culpable for the public's perception? It's a major event when an inch of snow falls!

In any circle can ignorance be found, black or white.

But people are getting shot, and the concern that people are having toward this reality, is being cast down as simple prejudice.

This I cannot understand...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte