U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 08:33 AM

6 posts, read 7,179 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

I recently purchased a home in Madison Park and anxiously waitingfor my move in date. With the close proximity to South Park, Uptown and not tomention Montford I could not be any more excited. Hoping the area will continueto develop even further, what are your thoughts on the redevelopment of SouthBoulevard beyond Woodlawn? As of right now South End is booming and thedevelopment is insane! Do you think it will continue south at the pace it isgoing now? Hoping to see some strip malls go through redevelopment ect. Alsowhat exactly is the plant near Home Depot?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Last edited by Panther2018; 02-02-2016 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: fix text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 02:50 PM

280 posts, read 858,292 times
I have an investment property in Montclaire South - which is walking distance west from the Archdale station on the light rail. I purchased back in 2006/7 before that period's downturn in the economy. When I purchased, the light rail was not yet open but development along the corridor was booming.

It was anticipated that the development would continue down the tracks and eventually hit Archdale - which was my hope for sooner rather than later. When real estate really took a downturn, a lot of that development slowed. Scaleybark is where it stopped. There is a major project planned for the Scaleybark station area, and we are hoping that will break ground before too much longer. Once that happens, we can hope to see more redevelopment continue south.

You can expect to see some more development on the Park Road corridor near Montford soon as well.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:39 PM

189 posts, read 286,016 times
Bought in Colonial Village off Scaleybark last January and I can't wait till that redevelopment occurs. Unfortunately for personal reasons had to refinance recently but found my home had already appraised $20K higher in 11 months. Hope that trend continues for all of us in this area of town as development creeps south.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:21 PM

900 posts, read 1,396,234 times
You are in a good area for great returns as far as value.

Old 02-07-2016, 07:07 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,582,216 times
Where n Madison Park did you buy? That is where I grew up.
If you are speaking of the plant across from Auto Bell that is a vegetable oil plant. It can be kinda stinky but harmless.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:00 AM

6 posts, read 7,179 times
Thanks for all of the input! Do you think that plant will ever be bought and moved to a different location rather then off south boulevard? also any news of developement or redelopment that is happening in the near future in that area?

Old 02-08-2016, 01:39 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,582,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2018 View Post
Thanks for all of the input! Do you think that plant will ever be bought and moved to a different location rather then off south boulevard? also any news of developement or redelopment that is happening in the near future in that area?
I don't see that plant going anywhere....it has been there for over 50 years and probably longer.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:16 PM

86 posts, read 89,819 times
I grew up off furman place and that plant has been there as long as i remember. i highly doubt it goes anywhere

Old 02-09-2016, 12:51 PM

371 posts, read 410,154 times
I live in Montclaire, I doubt we will see "southend" style development spill past the plant. It gets pretty suburban after you pass Scaleybark, where south blvd becomes quite blue collar and middle class. Everything south of Archdale has pretty much become little Latin America, which, I think is awesome because the food is really good.

Most of the "development" we are going to see is going to pour down Park Rd. Especially with the green way under construction.

It's an awesome area to live though. Crime is pretty rare, close proximity to EVERYTHING and you still get some space to yourself. Been here 3 years and still love the area. Been delighted to see how it's continuing to improve (and my home value keeps going up!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte