U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 08:19 PM

620 posts, read 1,918,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb113072 View Post
Everyone is so busy jumping all over this kid that you can\'t see what he is trying to say! He is saying the other kids are the ones who are making THE SOUTH look bad. They are being snide, calling themselves REDNECKS. The reality is they are a bunch of spoiled brats who have never worked hard for anything. I think he is saying that these other kids are insulting those hard working people who made the south what it is. These spoiled kids call themselves REDNECKS and flash the flag around...but in reality they don\'t have a clue about the true meaning. They are the ones giving THE SOUTH and the FLAG a bad name. Am I saying it clearly?
YES, thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,034,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
Did your son really say that? LOL. Told you
Yep. He is still IM'ing me about it. Said the trend was very popular in Hickory and may have originated there. I linked him to that picture you posted. He was ROFL. He gets it. I think I am getting it.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:24 PM

822 posts, read 2,541,194 times
Quote:
YES, thank you!!
Why didn't you just say this in the first place?

Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,036,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
Why did you just say this in the first place?
+1

Exactly what I as thinking!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
Why did you just say this in the first place?
I guess it came out wrong. It made sense to me but not to anyone else apparently. Someone was atleast able to clarify and explain it better. And the title should of been more along the lines of... What I don't like about kids around here...

Old 02-07-2008, 08:26 PM

822 posts, read 2,541,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yep. He is still IM'ing me about it. Said the trend was very popular in Hickory and may have originated there. I linked him to that picture you posted. He was ROFL. He gets it. I think I am getting it.
It makes sense to me from being a teacher and seeing various socioeconomic backgrounds and working at different schools.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,036,734 times
Quote:
I guess it came out wrong. And the title should of been more along the lines of... What I don't like about kids around here...
From the pics they are 18 or so, and you are 21.
Maybe you could be a mentor at any of the various organizations in town and spread your feelings of how the historic South is so wrong.
Or (obviously) you can lazily log into an internet chat room and complain.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM

3,819 posts, read 5,179,121 times
I am admitting I did not read all 14 pages of this thread. However, I sort of understand how some feel offended by it. It is not the FLAG that offends me (although I believe it should be retired except for history discussions as the Civil War has been over for quite some time now), it is HOW it is used. Best example: in October (Halloween time) I passed a home that had a "body" hanging from a tree in a noose and next to it they hung the Confederate Flag. Things like that bother me.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
From the pics they are 18 or so, and you are 21.
I do hang out with people between the ages of 18-22. That isn't unsual. Also, these were the type of people I went to high school with.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:32 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,034,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I am admitting I did not read all 14 pages of this thread. However, I sort of understand how some feel offended by it. It is not the FLAG that offends me (although I believe it should be retired except for history discussions as the Civil War has been over for quite some time now), it is HOW it is used. Best example: in October (Halloween time) I passed a home that had a "body" hanging from a tree in a noose and next to it they hung the Confederate Flag. Things like that bother me.
OMG - that is heinous. Bothers me, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or