U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 09:22 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMF View Post
I'm not reading 16 pages of this, so apologies in advance if someone mentioned this already. Puerto Rico is not a country, it is a territory of the US. People who fly Puerto Rican flags in NY are flying them to reflect their heritage, as a majority of them were born in NY. Hmm ... heritage ... sounds quite a bit like the reason why some folks fly the Battle Flag.
LOL, you are so right - and nobody else said it during the discussion - though I did want to (about Puerto Rico).

So good to see you here my friend! And I think you have summed it up nicely, for many of us this flag is about our heritage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 09:23 PM

330 posts, read 933,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
This thread wasn't about the flag or heritage, but it turned into a huge debate about it!
That's fine. Just didn't want you to go on thinking that Puerto Rico is a country. May lead to some embarrassment at some point in the future.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:26 PM

330 posts, read 933,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
LOL, you are so right - and nobody else said it during the discussion - though I did want to (about Puerto Rico).

So good to see you here my friend! And I think you have summed it up nicely, for many of us this flag is about our heritage.
Heya! Been too busy trying to save the country to spend a lot of time on message boards. Good to "See" you though!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
vq1

134 posts, read 620,026 times
Quote:
I also would like to clarify that I should of thought of a better title, such as what you said. I apologize about the title as I didn't put a lot of thought into it.

And I do not think that the adolescents in the pictures put much thought into their actions either. They are like most of us: Having done or said foolish things that we wish, either immediately or with time, we could undo.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,878,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Oh, I have no problem with that. I just didn't know what was discussed from page 2 to 14 because I don't have the patience to read all of that at once, LOL! Thanks though!
LOL is right! I did read it and I am still laughing! It is sort of like who's on first. Or maybe who's on what and how much of it did they have. That is why I do like it here. Never a dull moment! Gotta love Charlotte. Like City-Data even better. Sunnykayak, I hope this is not too far off topic. I did enjoy this thread.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:41 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,147,825 times
Quote:
I also would like to clarify that I should of thought of a better title, such as what you said. I apologize about the title as I didn't put a lot of thought into it.
Well, we got it all sorted out, regardless. My son also sent me this link:

Urban Dictionary: prepnecks

If I had read this earlier - I would have understood the point you were trying to make, Mike.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:42 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Moderator Note:

I want to say a big thank you to all members who have posted in this thread in keeping this discussion civil and some what polite. It is appreciated especially since I took a nap in the middle of it. LOL

I have my post view set at 40 and it literally has been a page of posts per hour

[CENTER][/CENTER]
See, we proved it, while the cat's away the mice CAN play nicely

Old 02-07-2008, 09:43 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,666,752 times
Quote:
First off, keep in mind I am 21. Also, these pictures might be offensive to some people. These pictures are from Facebook - I know people who unfortunately know these people and I would just like to let everyone know that these people exist here and if you have high-school/college-aged children these are who they might encounter. (These people are seniors at Providence High School, believe it or not).

Flickr: Photos from nyxmike (http://www.flickr.com/photos/23652876@N08/ - broken link)

I cannot stand these people and for everyone on here who tries to trick people into thinking it isn't like that anymore or there are people like this everywhere, they are wrong. If you move here or already have, hopefully your children won't turn into one of these low-lives. I can't believe parents here let their children act like that. This is what makes me embarrassed to live here. Other than that (and I feel that this is a valid complaint), I can't really complain.

Man get a life. Why do you care what other people do? How is this affecting you? Where did you find these pictures? Its seems to me you are trying to stir up trouble.

Are you going to start posting pictures of underage kids smoking tobacco next?

Quit trying to start stuff.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:46 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,666,752 times
Oh yeah and there are many people who are college educated (myself) who do see the Confederate flag as heritage and part of ancestral history. When you say you think it symbolizes anything different, that is your opinion and it doesnt make you right.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Status: "North of Palm Trees, South of High Taxes" (set 5 days ago)

5,592 posts, read 6,690,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Oh yeah and there are many people who are college educated (myself) who do see the Confederate flag as heritage and part of ancestral history. When you say you think it symbolizes anything different, that is your opinion and it doesnt make you right.
Carolina_native - With that motto under your name, are you sure you don't have some NY ancestors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or