U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:23 PM

743 posts, read 2,027,025 times

Advertisements

Nyxmike--sounds to me like you just don't like the southern heritage. As far as not having an education and having a job. Well I am one that loves to get in my 4 wheel drive and go out in the mud and get it all dirty. Oh and by the way I am an education woman. So don't judge people just by their toys sometimes it may be the executive well educated people you just may be downgrading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 05:24 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,050,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
Hey man, they can do whatever they want. But they still look like idiots.

And I can guarantee they won't be going very far. Maybe the next manager of Auto Bell car wash???
You might be surprised what they make, car washes and coin laundromats are two of the most lucrative small businesses.

Enlighten us, nyxmike, what is your gainful employ that you can criticize so many others?

Old 02-07-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
Well I am one that loves to get in my 4 wheel drive and go out in the mud and get it all dirty. Oh and by the way I am an education woman. So don't judge people just by their toys sometimes it may be the executive well educated people you just may be downgrading.
+1

I have a business degree with a concentration in international finance, and a dual degree in electrical and computer engineering (EE/ECE).
I debated in college and was VP of the college Republicans for a few terms.
I have worked for two Fortune 200 companies and am now in a local small business.
Beyond that I have a garage full of motorcycles and as a hobby restore vintage (1955-1969) BMWs.
Please do not belittle yourself in thinking that motorcycle riders are uneducated and stupid.

Last edited by mullman; 02-07-2008 at 06:03 PM..

Old 02-07-2008, 05:30 PM

620 posts, read 1,920,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
You might be surprised what they make, car washes and coin laundromats are two of the most lucrative small businesses.

Enlighten us, nyxmike, what is your gainful employ that you can criticize so many others?
I am currently in college in the process of getting my degree.

Thanks lovesmountains but I don't need a therapist.

However, my fustration may be that most guys here think being redneck is "cool" and I just don't see what is so "cool" about it. I am not conservative or religious either. I do like to hike and fish though. I am tolerant of lots of things - rednecks just grind my nerves though (those kids are obviously admitting that they are rednecks and apparently they are proud of it, as most of them seem to be).

The difference between a Puerto Rican flag and a Confederate Flag is that you are an American and that is the symbol of our country just like a Puerto Rican flag is a symbol of their country. The Confederate Flag is h-i-s-t-o-r-y and I really don't care if you don't agree with me.

So if your driving down the road and you see a pickup truck with a bunch of kids in it with a huge confederate flag hanging out the back with the word "redneck" on it what would you be thinking?

"Aw, look how cute they are. What a nice bunch of kids" or how about the more realistic thought, "Where the HELL am I?"

Last edited by nyxmike; 02-07-2008 at 05:44 PM..

Old 02-07-2008, 05:32 PM

876 posts, read 3,485,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So how do you feel about millions of illegals out in the streets waving Mexican flags?

you are comparing illegals to flying flags protesting their rights as illegals, lol. This, to me, is WAYYYYY off topic!

If you live here (in the US) legally, fly whatever flag you want and live the life you dream about, thats why freedom is so great!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:35 PM

9,467 posts, read 12,302,853 times
Quote:
First off, keep in mind I am 21. Also, these pictures might be offensive to some people. These pictures are from Facebook - I know people who unfortunately know these people and I would just like to let everyone know that these people exist here and if you have high-school/college-aged children these are who they might encounter. (These people are seniors at Providence High School, believe it or not).

Flickr: Photos from nyxmike (http://www.flickr.com/photos/23652876@N08/ - broken link)

I cannot stand these people and for everyone on here who tries to trick people into thinking it isn't like that anymore or there are people like this everywhere, they are wrong. If you move here or already have, hopefully your children won't turn into one of these low-lives. I can't believe parents here let their children act like that. This is what makes me embarrassed to live here. Other than that (and I feel that this is a valid complaint), I can't really complain.
The only thing about flying the confederate Flag is that it respresents crimes of oppession and genicide That were permitted and performed under COLORS Of Law In States In The South.. "State Government" County Government" "City Governments" Conspired And Denied A certain Race Of Proud American Their's Human And Civil Rights....Lynching....People Burned Alive And Hung From Trees Just Like Strange Fruits....Castration Of Males....Rapes And Lynching Of Females.....
The Distruction Of Property Of Southern Afro-American

Last edited by Howest2008; 02-07-2008 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: Typo's

Old 02-07-2008, 05:35 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,516,378 times
Quote:
I am currently in college in the process of getting my degree.

Thanks lovesmountains but I don't need a therapist.
Not playing therapist, just an observation which seems obvious. If the shoe fits...

Old 02-07-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The only thing about flying the confederate Flag is that it respresents crimes of oppession and genicide That were permitted and performed under COLORS Of Law In States In The South.. "State Government" County Government" "City Governments" Conspired And Denied A certain Race Of Proud American Their's Human And Civil Rights....Lynching....People Burned Alive And Hung From Trees Just Like Strange Fruits....Castration Of Males....Rapes And Lynching Of Females.....
The Distruction Of Property Of Southern Afro-American
And once again history is written by the victors.
There where also many slave holding establishments in the North.
Not to mention that it was actually African tribesman who sold their country-folk into slavery, this was not just a crime of 'whitey'.

Please do not forget that is was Republican Abraham Lincoln and his supporters who wished to free the slaves, not the Democrats in either locale.
It was Democrats in the South who wanted to keep segregation - please look it up. Yet this is the constituent that the Democrat party always looks to for votes.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:42 PM

876 posts, read 3,485,599 times
on a different note, I can relate to why I don't like what you don't like Mike. The other day I saw this car. Note the flag.

[mod] copyright violation Please only post link to pictures from copyrighted sites.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/52821368.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1 939847EC77F5F8D1CEBA26927435231F6DA40A659CEC4C8CB6

THEN, later that week, I heard a loud crash, son of a gun! That same car was out destroying my barn!

http://www.seriouswheels.com/1960-1969/1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-Dukes-Hazzard-Barn-1024x768.htm

SO...I called the police, and those son of a guns broke through the roadblock they set up. If you see them, call 9-1-1, I'm out to get em!

http://www.seriouswheels.com/1960-1969/1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-Dukes-Hazzard-Jump-Police-Cars-1600x1200.htm

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-07-2008 at 08:50 PM..

Old 02-07-2008, 05:47 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,680,880 times
Quote:
(those kids are obviously admitting that they are rednecks and apparently they are proud of it, as most of them seem to be).
There you go again! Who the h**l do you think you are? You think you're better because you're a Yankee? Your statement would be the same as me living in NYC and saying "look at those Italian a****les wearing their gold chains and wife beaters, they look like Damn Yankee trash."

Furthermore, it's kids like these who would likely be the first people to stop for a stranded vehicle to see if anyone needs help. Who knows, they might even use their redneck truck to pull you out of the mud because you don't know how to drive on the black ice down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or