Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:26 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Oh, my, we must get ready for Cotillion. Those girls of yours are simply adorable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 06:31 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Thx, you guys are much too kind.
I just wish to dispel the animosity nyxmike has of our area.
IMHO maybe he should consider going back to NY as he loathes NC so much...

Please note 'nyxmike' that there are no fences or anything else baring you from returning to whence you came...

Old 02-07-2008, 06:31 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Your girls are just beautiful

Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
Sad that a bunch of ADULTS don't see how foolish those kids look (no, I am not talking about your daughters mullman).
Seriously, they just look like teenagers to me - I've seen others look a lot worse, or sillier or scarier.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:33 PM

111 posts, read 165,340 times
This thread is getting a little insane! These kids are holding a Confederate flag and flipping everyone the bird! Is that respectful to the South? their ancestors? or to the soldiers who fought in the Civil War? HE** NO! Is there anything wrong with the display the rebel flag? NO! Should they be proud to display the rebel flag? Sure, why not. Are they just a bunch of bratty kids showing off? Absolutely!!!! Are these pictures really something to be proud of???? Something adults should be fighting over??? Something worth destroying possible friendships? NO, this is a stupid, immature, rediculous reason to be insulting each other!

620 posts, read 2,117,954 times
I should go back to NY because I don't enjoy taking pictures with confederate flags, drive a pickup truck, go huntin', or play in the mud? I think all of those things are stupid, and I am allowed to think that and I don't care what you think. It is just a gripe I have since I grew up with these people who had the nerve to make fun of me when they are a bunch of hicks. I am staying in Charlotte. I have lived here since I was 5 years old! It has changed a lot since then, thank GOD, and I have found people I get along with that share common interests with me. Guess I will continue to see ya'll around!!

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Thx, you guys are much too kind.
I just wish to dispel the animosity nyxmike has of our area.
IMHO maybe he should consider going back to NY.
As I pointed out earlier, I believe there are other things going on that have made nyxmike so discontent with his neighbors/peers.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:36 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
I should go back to NY because I don't enjoy taking pictures with confederate flags, drive a pickup truck, go huntin', or play in the mud? I think all of those things are stupid, and I am allowed to think that and I don't care what you think. I am staying in Charlotte. I have lived here since I was 5 years old! Guess I will see ya'll around!!
Mike, may I ask a question?

What do you do for fun?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:39 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
I should go back to NY because I don't enjoy taking pictures with confederate flags, drive a pickup truck, go huntin', or play in the mud? I think all of those things are stupid, and I am allowed to think that and I don't care what you think. I am staying in Charlotte. I have lived here since I was 5 years old! Guess I will see ya'll around!!
Sobeit.

When I am up North (2-3x a year) I do not particularly smile when I see pickups with 'NY # 1' stickers either.
But as an American I appreciate their love of their homeland and respect their heritage 100%.

When I am riding my trail bikes, or road bikes, or riding in a family members FWD, I will certainly steer clear of our resident 21YO expert on all things Southern and 'unsatisfactory'.

FWIW I live well inside of Hwy 51 & Providence Rd.
You may sit on the same pew with me in church, be nice.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:40 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
As I pointed out earlier, I believe there are other things going on that have made nyxmike so discontent with his neighbors/peers.
But lovesmountains, don't you think he was just talking about the flag itself, and the perception of racism that surrounds it? (I don't get why his sanity would be personally attacked...sheesh)

This thread is so intriguing to me because I'm never around people who fly the flag who aren't racists. Granted, I'm not often around people who fly/display the rebel flag at all...just the times I have been, they also happened to be really racist. I get that it's not always the case. I'm genuinely curious about this flag...I never would have expected so many on here to defend it and have pride in it. I'd always thought that most people now at least begrudgingly accepted it as a symbol of racism even if it reallly wan't meant to me.

I mean, come on, there's no denying that it is that symbol for a lot of people, though I understand that might really be frustrating to those who just want it to be a symbol of southern heritage (excluding slavery, lynchings, etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte