U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 10:57 PM

4,760 posts, read 6,410,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
their not my team. get over it. losing sucks, and they lost. they are losers this year like the other 30 teams that didnt win the superbowl. You don't reward losing.
And the truth comes out.

They're losers to you. Now you can go back to your regular complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 11:03 PM

19,960 posts, read 18,797,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
CarolinaKnight, no one is suggesting they parade around. If you don't support the home team at the worst of times, don't show up at the best of times. Show our guys some love. They did a great job this year. If you can't be proud of them, it's your own problem.
Many of us love and support the Panthers. I doubt there is logical reason to overly celebrate losing a big game.

The Panthers' fan base was anemic from 2009 to 2012 because the team did not win much and was not managed well. There have been improvements since those seasons.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:08 PM

6,270 posts, read 9,994,546 times
Do you really think this guy wants a party from Charlotte fans?

https://youtu.be/o8c8BZyfKbg

Old 02-08-2016, 02:26 AM

5,869 posts, read 7,703,331 times
Quote:
It's not a good season. the goal every year is to win the superbowl. If it doesn't happen it's a failure. There is nothing to say congrats to. being the best loser isn't being great. again nobody will remember the 17 wins of the team in 5-10 years. they will remember this one loss
Lol come on man. Sure they didn't accomplish their main goal, but it was still a good season, in particular after going 7-8-1 last year and losing your only actual good WR.

The record may not be the first thing remembered but they will be remembered for making it to the Super Bowm for the second time in franchise history. Even this year leading up to the game there were a lot of comparisons being made to the 2003 team that made it to the Suorr Bowl. No one (even non-Panthers fans) said that that team sucked because they didn't win the Suoer Bowl.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:01 AM

3,443 posts, read 4,310,888 times
Panthers had the potential to win the Super Bowl this year but unfortunately they picked a very bad day to have a bad day. Did not play as well as they did most of the season. Still had a great year but again fell short of the ultimate goal.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,263,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Lol come on man. Sure they didn't accomplish their main goal, but it was still a good season, in particular after going 7-8-1 last year and losing your only actual good WR.

The record may not be the first thing remembered but they will be remembered for making it to the Super Bowm for the second time in franchise history. Even this year leading up to the game there were a lot of comparisons being made to the 2003 team that made it to the Suorr Bowl. No one (even non-Panthers fans) said that that team sucked because they didn't win the Suoer Bowl.
I'd expect an Eagles fan to feel this way. I'm sure you look back fondly on your two superbowls losses. You also had a qb that quit as well. I just don't personally look back on seasons that end in failure, and remember them as successes. Maybe if it was last year when they were 7-8-1 then u could have been like, well they weren't supposed to go, but at 15-1 qnything less than a ring is a bitter disappointment

Old 02-08-2016, 06:02 AM

7,181 posts, read 11,197,686 times
Geesh people, grow up!

I am NOT a Panthers fan, but even I know that true fans would welcome their team home from the big game (win or lose).

Go get em' Panther fans! Give them the welcome home and the props they deserve on their tremendous season!

Old 02-08-2016, 06:26 AM

576 posts, read 503,477 times
Quote:
It's not a good season. the goal every year is to win the superbowl. If it doesn't happen it's a failure. There is nothing to say congrats to. being the best loser isn't being great. again nobody will remember the 17 wins of the team in 5-10 years. they will remember this one loss
Look man, very few teams in professional sports, not just Football, can realistically say the goal every year is to win the championship. I think the Patriots and Steelers can say that because they are perennial contenders, just like the Spurs in the NBA. It really sucks that they lost the Super Bowl, but don't sit there like you expected this run from day one. This Carolina team has never been a contender, so laying that whole "anything but a championship is failure" talk on them is bullcrap. Show me anyone who expected this type of season from this team, even with Kelvin Benjamin in the lineup, and I'll show you a freaking liar...

That being said, they had a great year, but unfortunately, the team everyone expected to see during the regular season showed up in the Super Bowl, and that is the honest truth. They were overmatched and even though the game was within their reach, they looked like they didn't belong on the same field as the Broncos Defense.

I think there is reason for optimism in Carolina, and if Panthers fans want to go out and welcome them back home, then by all means do that. They caught some tough breaks during the Super Bowl and made some terrible mistakes, but hopefully they learn and grow from this and come back stronger next year.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:59 AM

436 posts, read 334,778 times
I agree. It was horrible that the team loss and we were simply out matched in all aspects. The players interviews afterwards were great sportsmen and showed poise and maturity, Newton acted like a spoiled moronic brat. I hope that we have learned from this experience and Newton loses the "dab" and grows up, or loses his job. We need to welcome them back. I believe the tried their best.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:11 AM

5,869 posts, read 7,703,331 times
Quote:
I'd expect an Eagles fan to feel this way. I'm sure you look back fondly on your two superbowls losses. You also had a qb that quit as well. I just don't personally look back on seasons that end in failure, and remember them as successes. Maybe if it was last year when they were 7-8-1 then u could have been like, well they weren't supposed to go, but at 15-1 qnything less than a ring is a bitter disappointment
It is a disappointment, but that doesn't mean it wasn't still a good season.

So you're saying the Steelers have sucked for the last 7 years? You'd think after that long of a period of sucking they'd have made a QB and head coach change right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte