Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:14 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,338,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
99.9% of the public doesn't watch the presser. it's strictly for the reporters to get sound bites so they can write about the game.
I think this was basically the OP's point. Even most of the biggest fans don't actually watch the press conferences live. And 99.9% of the time when press conferences are talked about after the fact it's because of something negative that was said. I can't think of the last time there was a "positive" press conference that anyone actually talked about. It's all "PLAYOFFS?????!!! We can't even win a game"; "We talkin' bout practice, man"; etc. The funny thing is everyone is saying Cam should have said "credit to the Broncos they played a great game blah blah blah" but if he actually did say that no one would know it because it wouldn't get printed.

I do think asking him questions like what happened on the fumble is fair, but there's no point in asking "So, how does it feel to lose the biggest game of your life?"

Speaking of the fumble, I think the guys on 610 brought up a good point yesterday. I can't believe he actually admitted to being afraid of getting hurt. I do think that was a bad move, but you can't really get on him for not having heart or whatever because he puts his body on the line all the time. But you'd think they would have at least planned a response since he didn't give that answer until they were leaving the facility in Charlotte. Rivera had even gave what would've been a perfect explanation (which is what I initially thought as well), that he was looking for a rebound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 07:27 AM

35 posts, read 15,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I think this was basically the OP's point. Even most of the biggest fans don't actually watch the press conferences live. And 99.9% of the time when press conferences are talked about after the fact it's because of something negative that was said. I can't think of the last time there was a "positive" press conference that anyone actually talked about. It's all "PLAYOFFS?????!!! We can't even win a game"; "We talkin' bout practice, man"; etc. The funny thing is everyone is saying Cam should have said "credit to the Broncos they played a great game blah blah blah" but if he actually did say that no one would know it because it wouldn't get printed.

I do think asking him questions like what happened on the fumble is fair, but there's no point in asking "So, how does it feel to lose the biggest game of your life?"

Speaking of the fumble, I think the guys on 610 brought up a good point yesterday. I can't believe he actually admitted to being afraid of getting hurt. I do think that was a bad move, but you can't really get on him for not having heart or whatever because he puts his body on the line all the time. But you'd think they would have at least planned a response since he didn't give that answer until they were leaving the facility in Charlotte. Rivera had even gave what would've been a perfect explanation (which is what I initially thought as well), that he was looking for a rebound.
Just one question....Cam ADMITS to not going for the fumble because he was afraid of getting hurt, but we shouldn't question his heart ....isn't part of "heart" in sports sacrificing your body? Cam admitted he didn't want to do that (pretty lame attempt by Rivera throwing out the "rebound" theory , I guess he should have gotten his story straight with Cam before putting that out there). So in that case, with that explanation Cam gave, I think it's more than fair to question his heart

Last edited by Neptune Massive; 02-12-2016 at 07:35 AM..

Old 02-12-2016, 07:33 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:

Cam messed up with the fumble...

and while some want a perfect response for that play I appreciate the honesty instead of planned response which would have probably be a lie. It wasn't the right thing to do on that play but he didn't lie about it.

but I also don't think you can question Cam's heart. Dude puts it all on the line and sacrifices his body a lot. He didn't do it one time and all of a sudden it proves he is selfish?

Nah, it proves he still has work to do and anyone who gives up on Cam Will miss out on some entertaining football.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:40 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,338,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Massive View Post
Just one question....Cam ADMITS to not going for the fumble because he was afraid of getting hurt, but we shouldn't question his heart ....isn't part of "heart" in sports sacrificing your body? Cam admitted he didn't want to do that (pretty lame attempt by Rivera throwing out the "rebound" theory , I guess he should have gotten his story straight with Cam before putting that out there). So in that case, with that explanation Cam gave, I think it's more than fair to question his heart
Lol now you're getting on Rivera? I believe he gave that explanation in the post game press conference after being asked about it, he probably hadn't even talked to Cam about it at that point so was just saying what he thought might have happened. You're basically proving OPs point that people are just looking for something to complain about when it comes to press conferences.

And Cam didn't just say "well I didn't want to risk the possibility that there might've been a small chance I got hurt," he said his leg was already contorted so that the chances were probably pretty good he'd get hurt. Yeah still the wrong move but one play doesn't prove he doesn't have heart especially given his history of sacrificing his body.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:41 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,270 times
Quote:
It's one bad play.

Extrapolating meaning from that play to conclude that he should be cut is one of the most insane thoughts I have ever read on city data. It's a pipe dream concocted by his detractors.

The effort that Cam gives on so many other plays more than compensates for the bad one. He takes more hits and sacrifices his body more than any other quarterback in the league. Get a grip. Awful play for sure, but Cam's desire/heart is not in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0gDD0YYsb8

Old 02-12-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Cam messed up with the fumble...

and while some want a perfect response for that play I appreciate the honesty instead of planned response which would have probably be a lie. It wasn't the right thing to do on that play but he didn't lie about it.

but I also don't think you can question Cam's heart. Dude puts it all on the line and sacrifices his body a lot. He didn't do it one time and all of a sudden it proves he is selfish?

Nah, it proves he still has work to do and anyone who gives up on Cam Will miss out on some entertaining football.
Felt, I think I am in the vast vast MINORITY when it comes to watching football. The game in itself is entertaining for me, and my team winning is good entertainment for me. I would argue with 'Skins fans that would tell me "RG3 is so ENTERTAINING"....who cares, win the football game. I am not a Pats fan, but I would be ecstatic that he is"boring", but he just wins....Same with a guy like Flacco in the playoffs for that 5 year run. He was "boring" but he just won. Honestly, was Cam as "entertaining" last year when they were 3-7 as he was this year when they were 10-0? If I am going to watch my team and they win 10-3 and my QB throws for 112 yards, I am more "entertained" than if they lose 42-17 and my QB throws for 350 yds....but that is just me

Old 02-12-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
It's one bad play.

Extrapolating meaning from that play to conclude that he should be cut is one of the most insane thoughts I have ever read on city data. It's a pipe dream concocted by his detractors.

The effort that Cam gives on so many other plays more than compensates for the bad one. He takes more hits and sacrifices his body more than any other quarterback in the league. Get a grip. Awful play for sure, but Cam's desire/heart is not in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0gDD0YYsb8
Don't lump me in with other posters, I NEVER hinted at Cam being cut....I am specifically talking about the SB....based on what he didn't do on that play, yes, it is fair to question his heart in that game. He ADMITTED he didn't go for the fumble for fear of getting hurt, that displays a lack of heart. If you want to give him a pass for it, that is your opinion. For you to make the absolute declaration of "you can't question his heart" is simply a denial statement. It's a fair question based on his actions

Old 02-12-2016, 08:09 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,462,440 times
Quote:
Felt, I think I am in the vast vast MINORITY when it comes to watching football. The game in itself is entertaining for me, and my team winning is good entertainment for me. I would argue with 'Skins fans that would tell me "RG3 is so ENTERTAINING"....who cares, win the football game. I am not a Pats fan, but I would be ecstatic that he is"boring", but he just wins....Same with a guy like Flacco in the playoffs for that 5 year run. He was "boring" but he just won. Honestly, was Cam as "entertaining" last year when they were 3-7 as he was this year when they were 10-0? If I am going to watch my team and they win 10-3 and my QB throws for 112 yards, I am more "entertained" than if they lose 42-17 and my QB throws for 350 yds....but that is just me
No, but he nearly died in a car wreck last year as well and only missed 2 games. He came back and it took a while to get back into the right mindset/physical spot to be as effective as he can be. Obviously we saw that manifest itself as they've gone some ridiculous win percentage since that point over the past two years.

Cam is entertaining and he wins. I'll take it.

Oh, and welcome to the board "Neptune Massive". Let's see how long this takes...

Old 02-12-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Lol now you're getting on Rivera? I believe he gave that explanation in the post game press conference after being asked about it, he probably hadn't even talked to Cam about it at that point so was just saying what he thought might have happened. You're basically proving OPs point that people are just looking for something to complain about when it comes to press conferences.

And Cam didn't just say "well I didn't want to risk the possibility that there might've been a small chance I got hurt," he said his leg was already contorted so that the chances were probably pretty good he'd get hurt. Yeah still the wrong move but one play doesn't prove he doesn't have heart especially given his history of sacrificing his body.
I feel bad for Rivera, he is trying to back his QB, I got no issues with what Rivera did, I applaud him for backing his player....Again, the point was people didn't understand how you can question Cams heart. Based on HIS OWN WORDS, that he didn't go for the ball because he feared getting hurt, goes right to the crux of heart....you as a fan can discount that, it's your opinion. If you are going to be objective however, based on his actions and words, it is reasonable to QUESTION his heart in the SB. Someone implied earlier that I think he should be cut...that is ludicrous, he is the reigning MVP, and one of the top young QBs in this league.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
No, but he nearly died in a car wreck last year as well and only missed 2 games. He came back and it took a while to get back into the right mindset/physical spot to be as effective as he can be. Obviously we saw that manifest itself as they've gone some ridiculous win percentage since that point over the past two years.

Cam is entertaining and he wins. I'll take it.

Oh, and welcome to the board "Neptune Massive". Let's see how long this takes...
You are missing my point....if I was a panther fan, I am happy I am 17-1, going to the SB. The other stuff is just fluff....and it isn't just Cam, other players over celebrate in my opinion....key point being "my opinion"....I like the Walter Payton/Barry Sanders approach "act like you been there before"....i get some people like all that "fluff", that's cool....I get I am probably more "old school" than others....but you want to argue your opinion is better or more valid than mine

Last edited by Neptune Massive; 02-12-2016 at 08:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte