Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 03:43 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times

Advertisements

I know that the discussion Race has been big in 2015 and in 2016 I stumbled across this article on Facebook a lot of people were discussing it. Is there some truth to it? What's your take

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/3959...iaa-is-racist/

Old 02-22-2016, 04:21 PM

436 posts, read 446,234 times
If people do, it is their business and should be free do so in peace. But, I believe it is BS. It is downtown and people living there know these events occur. The only people likely to stay away from down town are waiters and waitresses that really get stiffed. Personally, I believe the writer of the article concern is a racist lamebrain unable to write on a real issue and knowing she will always get attention by race bating regardless of her inabilities. There is an extraordinary amount of crime during this event (was last year anyway) so those that leave have every right.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:49 PM

645 posts, read 1,068,906 times
Some people enjoy being offended, even if there's no offense.

I find this excerpt from the article deliberately provocative:

"...For those that are still Google-adept, CIAA does have a website filled with lots of words. People (read white people) should read them..."

Thanks, babe.

I agree with Richard Rawaon. CIAA is associated with criminal violence. That's not my fault. I don't attend the games. The CIAA attracts a rough crowd, people with whom I prefer not to associate. The problem is that you don't know who the violent people are until are until violence breaks out.

It's sort of like having a severe allergy to a certain type of nut, but only one in ten will make you sick enough to put you in a coma. What's the best way to avoid the coma? Give up the nuts altogether.

Nobody is leaving Charlotte because of the CIAA. I'm sure that a lot of folks who live uptown will stay inside as much as possible until it's all over, though.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:21 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,495,103 times
Does she actually have an facts or data to backup that claim? While there may be a few white residents who aren't comfortable hanging out with black crowds, I don't believe there is some mass of white people fleeing the city because there's a mostly black event going on.

Many people just stay inside and avoid the massive crowds and traffic. I personally stay away from the area as well as its not my preferred type of event or crowd plus the huge crowds and traffic can be stressful. I'm sure many others who live here feel the same.

I have no problem with racism being called out when it's relevant but this one seems just based on a few personal anecdotes rather than any facts and anyone can use an anecdote to agree with the point he or she is trying to make.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:48 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,729,092 times
Ah, the annual CIAA thread. Always good for some hype and laughs. I sit back and wait!

Old 02-22-2016, 06:57 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBGood View Post
Some people enjoy being offended, even if there's no offense.

I find this excerpt from the article deliberately provocative:

"...For those that are still Google-adept, CIAA does have a website filled with lots of words. People (read white people) should read them..."

Thanks, babe.

I agree with Richard Rawaon. CIAA is associated with criminal violence. That's not my fault. I don't attend the games. The CIAA attracts a rough crowd, people with whom I prefer not to associate. The problem is that you don't know who the violent people are until are until violence breaks out.

It's sort of like having a severe allergy to a certain type of nut, but only one in ten will make you sick enough to put you in a coma. What's the best way to avoid the coma? Give up the nuts altogether.

Nobody is leaving Charlotte because of the CIAA. I'm sure that a lot of folks who live uptown will stay inside as much as possible until it's all over, though.
Lol, you are absolutely clueless about the CIAA. White fear in America is absurd and really has more to do with the unfamiliar. As I previously stated in another thread, a mall or any other place filled with educated well-dressed Black people still scares the hell out of the average white person....get over it.

The irony of the matter is that it's really the shoe on the other foot for ONE weekend. For some reason white folk think black folk always feel comfortable around a slew of white folk....uh no, it's just the norm and we're accustomed to it. Most white folk can't handle one weekend of being in the minority....well, how the hell do you think we really feel the other 51 weeks of the year. Go hide for all we care. You are in a coma, a coma of imaginary tales that have blinded you of reality. Basically who is a danger to who and it Black people who poses the danger but that's what you've been brainwashed to believe because history states otherwise...for those that actually know it.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:12 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I know that the discussion Race has been big in 2015 and in 2016 I stumbled across this article on Facebook a lot of people were discussing it. Is there some truth to it? What's your take

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/3959...iaa-is-racist/
This is America right? Black people aren't welcomed in many parts of the Atlanta metro, let's not kid ourselves. I think most white folk will avoid uptown/downtown that weekend not simply because of an invasion of black people but more so about cultural and the unfamiliar; the world will return to normal on Monday from their perspective. As long as racial diversity or cultural events can be dictated or directed from a position of authority that suits them, it's ok. But when it's out of their control or influence, it most certainly can't be fun, have structure, be uplifting, family oriented or festive....they really miss out on a lot living in that small-minded mental picket fence. Heaven and hell will be full of people (spirits) of all races, creeds, and cultures....why not try to understand them on earth after all that's what Jesus would do, you are stuck with us for eternity, so it is written.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:23 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Many people just stay inside and avoid the massive crowds and traffic.
And I think the author of the article said the same thing.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:20 PM

645 posts, read 1,068,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Lol, you are absolutely clueless about the CIAA. White fear in America is absurd and really has more to do with the unfamiliar. As I previously stated in another thread, a mall or any other place filled with educated well-dressed Black people still scares the hell out of the average white person....get over it.

The irony of the matter is that it's really the shoe on the other foot for ONE weekend. For some reason white folk think black folk always feel comfortable around a slew of white folk....uh no, it's just the norm and we're accustomed to it. Most white folk can't handle one weekend of being in the minority....well, how the hell do you think we really feel the other 51 weeks of the year. Go hide for all we care. You are in a coma, a coma of imaginary tales that have blinded you of reality. Basically who is a danger to who and it Black people who poses the danger but that's what you've been brainwashed to believe because history states otherwise...for those that actually know it.
What part of "I don't attend the games" don't you understand?

Who is "we"?

Old 02-23-2016, 05:06 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
damn, that article was horrible. How many times is she going to tell us she is a black woman writing an article about CIAA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte