U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 05:34 AM

4,915 posts, read 7,843,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
How would women be protected if a straight men was to fake being transgender in order to enter the women's restroom to spy. I'm sorry but not around my young daughter. Maybe a separate restroom facilitate will work.
Yes, perhaps we need third bathrooms. Personally, I feel that I have rights also, and that my privacy as a straight person is to be respected as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 05:55 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,581,950 times
Right back in the spotlight huh?...Just as predicted...marriage equality wasnt enough. - most likely nothing will be

Old 03-30-2016, 05:30 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,752,174 times
This reaction to the house bill is all about air time. Frankly I think the people who are making the most noise are all about maximizing LGBT air time in a news cycle that's consumed with Trump and the Presidential race.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:57 PM

3,680 posts, read 1,401,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Right back in the spotlight huh?...Just as predicted...marriage equality wasnt enough. - most likely nothing will be
Your okay with a employer denying someone a job or laying someone off because of their race, sex, orientation, or religion? This bill strips away those protections.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,475,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Your okay with an employer denying someone a job or laying someone off because of their race, sex, orientation, or religion? This bill strips away those protections.
This bill doesn't encourage discrimination. Race, color, religion, age, and handicap have been protected and in this bill with added biological sex.
Even though I am having trouble finding the exact wording, but the only thing that has been stated in regards to this is discrimination must go to federal instead of the state.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E2...e/PDF/H2v1.pdf

Understanding HB2: North Carolina

Old 03-30-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This bill doesn't encourage discrimination. Race, color, religion, age, and handicap have been protected and in this bill with added biological sex.
Even though I am having trouble finding the exact wording, but the only thing that has been stated in regards to this is discrimination must go to federal instead of the state.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E2...e/PDF/H2v1.pdf

Understanding HB2: North Carolina
That's the whole point. State is no longer dealing with discrimination cases! Why do you think 80 companies, some fortune 500 companies, are against it?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,475,137 times
Quote:
That's the whole point. State is no longer dealing with discrimination cases! Why do you think 80 companies, some fortune 500 companies, are against it?
Over who uses a toilet and misfed information that this state enacted discrimination laws on LGBT when LGBT never had protection in this state. LGBT are not protected federally either.

This law just removed cities enacting ordinances that are not covered by the state.

Buisness can still have their non discrimination policies but what Charlotte did and I watched the meeting online was forcing commercial buisness to comply.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Over who uses a toilet and misfed information that this state enacted discrimination laws on LGBT when LGBT never had protection in this state. LGBT are not protected federally either.

This law just removed cities enacting ordinances that are not covered by the state.

Buisness can still have their non discrimination policies but what Charlotte did and I watched the meeting online was forcing commercial buisness to comply.
Your still not getting it. But if your gay, don't come complaining on here when your fired or denied a service because of who are are.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:09 AM

4,760 posts, read 6,409,050 times
Quote:
Your still not getting it. But if your gay, don't come complaining on here when your fired or denied a service because of who are are.
If I recall correctly, Sunny is. Looks like you may be the one not getting it in regards to your last few posts.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
If I recall correctly, Sunny is. Looks like you may be the one not getting it in regards to your last few posts.
He may be okay with his legal rights in this state being taken away, but I'm not. He is taking for granted all the progress that has been made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or