U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-05-2016, 12:58 PM
 
1,985 posts, read 1,398,516 times
Reputation: 1408

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDollie View Post
Google this company as if you were looking to invest your hard earned money in their stock.

They have major problems. Business practices. Fines. Apple and Amazon about to eat their lunch. Will they still be in business in 2020?

The average pay at PayPal is $75,000. They were only going to average $50,000 in NC. Cost cutting beginning?

When were they hiring these people? How much was it going to cost NC taxpayers for them to move here?

What is their stock price and its expectations for the next year?

Look at all of this and then decide if it is a loss.



I looked. It's a loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2016, 01:13 PM
 
4,011 posts, read 2,534,956 times
Reputation: 1967
So what is wrong with the NC bill besides the restroom portion? I keep reading that this bill had other important issues that are being overlooked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2016, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,416 posts, read 4,842,624 times
Reputation: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDollie View Post
Google this company as if you were looking to invest your hard earned money in their stock.

They have major problems. Business practices. Fines. Apple and Amazon about to eat their lunch. Will they still be in business in 2020?

The average pay at PayPal is $75,000. They were only going to average $50,000 in NC. Cost cutting beginning?

When were they hiring these people? How much was it going to cost NC taxpayers for them to move here?

What is their stock price and its expectations for the next year?

Look at all of this and then decide if it is a loss.
Elon Musk dumped them for a reason. Pay Pal is full of fraud and my of their users have been hacked or identity taken at some point in time. Charlotte can do much better than Pay Pal. Charlotte is great city and North Carolina is a great state, both will be just fine. I wouldnt worry until companies started to spend money to move ESTABLISHED jobs, not jobs that didnt exist yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2016, 01:24 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
157 posts, read 229,327 times
Reputation: 84
Charlotte's gonna turn into a dump pretty soon lol
this law violates what companies stand for in anti discrimination.
so funny lol... so much for progression that was going to start in the state of NC both Raleigh and Charlotte..
Now you even have neighboring Georgia Banning travel to NC wow.. lol and this is just the beginning too...
No other company is going to want to invest in a state with such backward laws that can even hurt their companies' reputation and even get sued by their own employees. lol lmao smh ...
that governor must of been chewin too much of yer tobacco lmao..
better start selling tons of fraser firs this christmas lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2016, 01:37 PM
 
464 posts, read 412,372 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie.e View Post
Charlotte's gonna turn into a dump pretty soon lol
this law violates what companies stand for in anti discrimination.
so funny lol... so much for progression that was going to start in the state of NC both Raleigh and Charlotte..
Now you even have neighboring Georgia Banning travel to NC wow.. lol and this is just the beginning too...
No other company is going to want to invest in a state with such backward laws that can even hurt their companies' reputation and even get sued by their own employees. lol lmao smh ...
that governor must of been chewin too much of yer tobacco lmao..
better start selling tons of fraser firs this christmas lol
Raleigh will be fine, I feel Charlotte (unfortunately) might take a hit, but I don't see it turning into a dump soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2016, 01:39 PM
 
29,955 posts, read 27,459,781 times
Reputation: 18547
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
The mayor should mind his business which is the city of Atlanta. Mayor reed has been such a failure.
LOL dude please...Reed has been mostly good for Atlanta on a number of fronts, but that's neither here nor there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2016, 01:40 PM
 
29,955 posts, read 27,459,781 times
Reputation: 18547
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
Raleigh will be fine, I feel Charlotte (unfortunately) might take a hit, but I don't see it turning into a dump soon.
Why do you feel as though Raleigh won't get hit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2016, 02:19 PM
 
464 posts, read 412,372 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Why do you feel as though Raleigh won't get hit?
Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2016, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,416 posts, read 4,842,624 times
Reputation: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
LOL dude please...Reed has been mostly good for Atlanta on a number of fronts, but that's neither here nor there.
Reed is a terrible mayor, but all of that is subjective. Reed should focus on some of his wasteful spreading with that street car no one rides. Plus the Braves left Atlanta on his watch. Lil Kasim should focus on his own city and leave North Carolina to their own business. Good to see North Carolina having a backbone to bullies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2016, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,420,070 times
Reputation: 1495
Red venturs is considering pulling out of their expansion into the university area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:48 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top