U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 08:32 AM

3,679 posts, read 1,414,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
I guess some people take joy in amplifying negative NC news.
Don't play the victim card. Nobody's "taking joy" in the GA enacting a pro-discrimination bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 08:36 AM

537 posts, read 552,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Don't play the victim card. Nobody's "taking joy" in the GA enacting a pro-discrimination bill.
First, you make no sense. Second, you take joy in posting negative NC news. It's all you do. There's 49 other states to choose from if you're so unhappy here.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:01 AM

3,774 posts, read 7,011,203 times
Quote:
First, you make no sense. Second, you take joy in posting negative NC news. It's all you do. There's 49 other states to choose from if you're so unhappy here.
Like so many of your other posts, this one too is not based on *things that actually happen*.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:30 AM

537 posts, read 552,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Like so many of your other posts, this one too is not based on *things that actually happen*.
I'm impressed that you've remembered 'so many of my other posts'. I have to be honest, though. I can't remember any of your 3,400 posts.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:20 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,543,514 times
I know it's semantics, but, isn't it discriminatory if they don't allow LGBT people to use any bathroom at all? I mean, it's not like they are told they can't use the bathroom of their biological sex? Theirs no favoritism when it comes to bathroom's of each sex. They both have the facilities needed to do what they are designed to do.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:28 AM

10,401 posts, read 19,422,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I know it's semantics, but, isn't it discriminatory if they don't allow LGBT people to use any bathroom at all? I mean, it's not like they are told they can't use the bathroom of their biological sex? Theirs no favoritism when it comes to bathroom's of each sex. They both have the facilities needed to do what they are designed to do.
First, LGB people are not transgender and there is no question what their (our) "biological sex" is!

As far as transgender people, the issue with some who are fully transitioned is, someone can have a man's body in every way but one--muscles, beard, deep voice, etc--but still have "female parts", especially because F->M surgery is much more difficult than the other (easier to take it off than to put it on...). Previously, these transgender men have used the men's bathroom (in a stall of course) and nobody has questioned them. Now, the law is that they much use the bathroom of their "biological sex", or is it the one on their birth certificate? Therefore, the law now REQUIRES bearded, muscled men to use the Women's room because they still have a vagina.

I've seen examples of Facebook of some of these transgender men who now carry homemade cards saying "Hello, my name is Bill (whatever)--I would much prefer to be using the Men's Restroom, and I'm sure you would prefer that I use the Men's Restroom, but as per state law and HB2, I am now required to use the Women's. Please contact your legislator to overturn this law if it makes you as uncomfortable as it does me."

Old 04-12-2016, 10:45 AM

294 posts, read 171,418 times
Quote:

Actions Have Consequences

Old 04-12-2016, 10:52 AM

3,774 posts, read 7,011,203 times
Quote:
I'm impressed that you've remembered 'so many of my other posts'. I have to be honest, though. I can't remember any of your 3,400 posts.
Unsurprising.

You've proven yourself impervious to logical arguments.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:02 AM

398 posts, read 369,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
I know I'm late, but don't come at me with that lame statement. My solution is anti political. I could careless about the the lies you allow the government to feed you, while you continue to vote and believe there will be a significant change one day lol. Saying I'm "apart of the problem" is asinine at best. Children are being kidnapped, raped and abused around the world by governments. You don't know me, so don't assume I'm apart of a problem, that I don't even vote for. Keep it cute boo
Actually, whats asinine is to "not do politics" in a representative democracy. And we're not talking about government in the abstract, or in some third world country that none of us have control over, we're talking about the government of the state of NC...one that we all hace a shared responsibility to participate in.

As for "Keep it cute boo", I have no idea what thats supposed to mean. If some sort of junior high school snark, then I guess that pretty well sums up your level of maturity. Hmm, maybe its better that you don't "do politics".

Old 04-12-2016, 11:03 AM

398 posts, read 369,789 times
Quote:
Thanks for your insightful and brilliant analysis. Bravo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or