U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 09:00 AM

789 posts, read 704,792 times

Advertisements

Your neighbors are laughing in disgust.

And boy does this expose the GAPING hole in the classic GOP 'don't tread on me' (except when I want to tread on you, of course) mantra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 10:05 AM

982 posts, read 1,189,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
Your neighbors are laughing in disgust.

And boy does this expose the GAPING hole in the classic GOP 'don't tread on me' (except when I want to tread on you, of course) mantra.
The irony is astounding.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:03 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,419,918 times
Be prepared for pediphile activity, psycho 's, pseudo gender, dad violence with bad outcomes including
harm to transvestites / gender confused and dad's going to orange prison attire can ya dig? Gays voyagerism odd balls, pranksters , and preditors all subject to encounters, injury and death. The Outcome for this insanity is going to be hell!

Old 05-12-2016, 01:44 AM

120 posts, read 211,955 times
Hey I'm late to this thread, but think wisely about this folks, for instance in tronto perv caught in woman's bathroom trying to peep at girls and woman he identified as trans.
This is a slippery slope, by the way my gun self identifies as an iPad so I guess it can go anywhere 28th me.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:22 AM

3,774 posts, read 6,996,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitutionalist View Post
Hey I'm late to this thread, but think wisely about this folks, for instance in tronto perv caught in woman's bathroom trying to peep at girls and woman he identified as trans.
This is a slippery slope, by the way my gun self identifies as an iPad so I guess it can go anywhere 28th me.
That guy in Toronto was wrong.

I'll make a deal though: if you support some serious gun control reform on the basis that some (a lot) of criminals have killed a few (thousand) people in the past few years with otherwise "legal" guns... Well if the GOP will support THAT, I at least won't think they're ridiculous hypocrites with their fake concern for health and human safety.

This is the same Republican Party, after all, that says 20 dead kids in Sandy Hook is just the price we all have to pay for the second amendment.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:48 AM

11,723 posts, read 9,354,687 times
The evening news showed 30 or so cities that have implimented travel bans to NC. Symbollic in nature but it's still a very bad look.

Also had McCrory on CNN looking like he was all for bathroom segregation during Jim Crow because it should have been a state issue.

Smh... we look real bad right now.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:53 AM

5,093 posts, read 2,471,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawaon View Post
Are you serious? Come on. I am extremely tolerant of gays, transgender, gay marriages, whatever. I believe in live and let live if it doesn't intrude on me. I am ashamed to know that we have such stupid people on the city council. I can't imagine why I would want a female standing next to me by a urinal or an androgynous person next to my kid in a public restroom. If a person is "androgynous," perhaps we should build special out houses. If I go to a PTA meeting, I can go into the girls restroom if I am not sure of my sexuality. Oh boy! Are cameras O.K. We have opened the door for all kind of perverse activities. I am glad the governor is going to jump in on this. What the hell is this city coming to. They don't even do this in San Francisco. My son was drinking and followed his girlfriend into the women's restroom and was arrested. Maybe they can now increase the size of the stalls in restrooms to fit more than one?

I am O.K. with unisex restrooms like in Europe. But, to change the law specifically for LGBT is not sensible. You can't use labels to discriminate against the "norms." And, to this date, the norm is going to restrooms with people of the same sex. For example, if you have a penis, use the mens. If you don't have a penis, use the womens. Seriously, who wouldn't want this to be the rule? And why? Holy crap, it isn't easy these days being a straight white working person.
The more I think about the toilet problem, the more I am confused with why this is a lesbian issue. What do lesbians want in terms of toilet rights that they do not currently enjoy? Are they seeking the right to use urinals in the men's room?

Old 05-12-2016, 08:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,516,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The more I think about the toilet problem, the more I am confused with why this is a lesbian issue. What do lesbians want in terms of toilet rights that they do not currently enjoy? Are they seeking the right to use urinals in the men's room?
A lesbian last month was kicked out of bathroom for not showing ID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYXtUvTl32c

Old 05-12-2016, 09:16 AM

15 posts, read 15,720 times
I think there are more important issues than this. Bathrooms/Locker rooms are very private facilities. I do not think women are lining up at the mens bathroom, waiting to get inside.

Once you see more people getting molested/pictures taken etc in the womens bathroom, this whole idea will die.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:18 AM

21,902 posts, read 27,179,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takenotes View Post
I think there are more important issues than this. Bathrooms/Locker rooms are very private facilities. I do not think women are lining up at the mens bathroom, waiting to get inside.

Once you see more people getting molested/pictures taken etc in the womens bathroom, this whole idea will die.
People are not just irate about bathrooms. Maybe you'd understand that if you actually knew what all is in HB2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or