Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 09:43 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,646,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Does she belong in men's restroom. Trans woman
I am not being snarky or insensitive by asking, but your post compels me to ask what i've wondered all along:

Why do we need to make bathroom accessibility an issue?

If the above pictured person walked into a ladies room, would *anyone* give her a second glance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 06:39 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,521,824 times
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/m...room-bill.html

I just want to say our Mayor here in Atlanta is a wimp. Now all travel to NC from Atlanta is banned. This is getting so childish.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:30 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,270 times
PayPal withdraws plans for Charlotte expansion over HB2 | The Charlotte Observer

This is bad news for Charlotte. So unnecessary.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:31 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,067,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually it did, since it repealed all city and local ordinances that did have anti-discrimination laws on the basis of orientation and gender identity. Furthermore, it prevents any local jurisdictions from passing laws that provide that protection. So Asheville can no longer require restaurants, hotels, shops, etc. to serve gay people. This bill is like putting a giant "No Gays Allowed" sign on the State.

It took away gay people's rights in cities/local areas that had anti-discrimination laws protecting LGBT people.

Prior to this bill, Buncombe, Mecklenburg, and Orange counties, Asheville, Charlotte, Boone, Raleigh, Greensboro, Chapel Hill, and Carborro cities, the entire NC university system, and pretty much all universities in the state, and the NC Housing Finance Agency all had laws that prevented discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.

That meant you couldn't be denied admission to school, denied housing, denied employment, denied accessed to businesses, etc. in any of those locations. With the passing of this law, every single one of those laws is repealed and void.

I don't think you, like most people grasp how drastic this law was, because idiot Republicans want you to think its only focus is transgenders in bathrooms. That's not the bulk of what the bill did.

The bill repealed all LGBT anti-discrimination laws and makes it illegal for any law to be passed protecting LGBT people from discrimination in any regard in the State of North Carolina. If that doesn't seem like an issue to you, I really don't know what to tell you.

North Carolina has now surpassed Mississippi and Alabama as the most regressive, backwards state in the country. Congrats, quite an achievement.

Sunny - are you going to admit you were wrong, or are these statements false?

Old 04-05-2016, 08:45 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Dear PayPal, Check out Seattle, there's a reason so many tech companies are coming here and we don't pass laws like HB2.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:47 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,782 times
What does LGBT stand for? I am not really sure.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:47 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Clinton supports equality for some, and just a few.
Corrected for you, she has yet to prove that. I often see dem candidates run on the ticket of supporting equality but always turns out to be supporting friends and donors.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:03 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,958,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I am not being snarky or insensitive by asking, but your post compels me to ask what i've wondered all along:

Why do we need to make bathroom accessibility an issue?

If the above pictured person walked into a ladies room, would *anyone* give her a second glance?
I realize that the bill takes away so much more from LGBT community but I had the same exact thought.

I wonder how many times a transgender has already been in the ladies room with me. I've never paid attention and I'm sure it's happened many times. Nothing ever happened to me or my child.

Why is the media playing up this aspect of it and not the rest of it which is more important.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:09 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,782 times
I really do not care about this stuff at this point. Total equality will never take place among human beings. Striving for it is noble and generous BUT - people will in the end jostle for supremacy. I remember as a young guy having a drink in gay bar...I remember a gay man who commented about me..."do not listen to him...he is just a common breeder" What he was saying was that in his world...gay men were superior to straight men...go figure.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:20 AM

4,502 posts, read 4,610,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Perverts can already go into any bathroom they want. You will be fine. Breath.

On another note, I want to share that I'm a lesbian in a man's body. Love women. Well, mainly my wife.
You should talk to Caitlin Jenner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte